• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no Discussion. Its not even close and after these Finals I think the gap is bigger then people thought. Reason why Jordan was 6-0 in Finals. He would lead his team and find a way to win. I just watched the Flu game and if you watch that you would see that LBJ isn't even close. He drops 38 in that game and LBJ gets a little cut and goes 2-11 after that also 2-5 from the Free throw line.
Why did Jordan get swept out of the first multiple times? LBJ has never lost in the first round.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Jordan get swept out of the first multiple times? LBJ has never lost in the first round.

Apparently losing in the finals with an overmatched team is worse than losing in the first round.

If they go on to lose this finals LeBron would be 2-4. One of those should be directly attributed to him, the other 3 are a product of meeting teams that were WAY better.

07, Last year and this year. Replace LeBron with any player to ever play and none would have done any better.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, don't take my last post as me saying LeBron>Jordan. I think Jordan is the GOAT.

But use the mountain of data that actually supports that argument, not lazy, superficial, cliches

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For the record, don't take my last post as me saying LeBron>Jordan. I think Jordan is the GOAT.

But use the mountain of data that actually supports that argument, not lazy, superficial, cliches

GOAT or BOAT depends on how you define. Most championships/Most Clutch Shooting/Most Complete Game, etc. Really depends on how you weight these things. Both in the top 5. Lebron is a freakish athlete ala Jim Brown an Wilt that had the athletic skills on a build that are way ahead of his time and he has close to the scoring skills and probaly better passing and rebounding and defensive skills than Lebron.

However, Lebron is 2-3 in th finals and has both exceled and shrunk in some big moments.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I brought that up a few days ago.
Some here feel losing in round 4 is worse then round 1.
I don't get it.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan was just ridiculously competitive in the worst sort of way. The only guy that might have equaled him in that regard was Zeke and they both have pretty ugly personalities. Jordan didn't even want his own teammates to think they were anything but scrubs that he was carrying. I forget which one, but after they won one of their finals one of the Bulls was crying at his locker. Jordan went over and said "What are you crying about? I'm the one who won it for you." That's just pure dick to the core. It's no wonder that he got sucked in by a hustler on a golf course. He refuses to think he can lose even when he has absolutely no chance of winning.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on all accounts....But in all fairness...a head injury is a bit more difficult than the flu..

Maybe it's just me, but when I use to play basketball and I was sick, I always found I played better when I was sick..i don't know why, but my games usually ended up better.

Playing NBA2K on your Playstation when you're staying home sick from school doesn't count as playing better when you're sick.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently losing in the finals with an overmatched team is worse than losing in the first round.

To be fair, no one remembers who lost in the first round. But everyone remembers who lost in the finals. People can make all of the claims that they want to the contrary, but the fact is, when you make it to the biggest stage (the finals), and you fail more often than you succeed, it's going to count against you.

So, in a sense, it is definitely better to lose in the first round than in the finals.

The Buffalo Bills made it to and lost, 4 straight Super Bowls. Getting to 4 straight Super Bowls is an unbelievable accomplishment. But you don't hear them brought up in discussions about the best teams ever because they lost every time. If they had 4 straight first round exits, no one would even remember them.

For Lebron, fair or not, he is likely to be 2-4 in finals appearances. If he were to retire after this season, he won't be remembered as a great player who never lost in the first round. He'll be remembered as a great player who failed more than he succeeded when on the biggest stage.

Last edited:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan's still the best of all time but Lebron is certainly making a case for 2nd best these playoffs.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan's still the best of all time but Lebron is certainly making a case for 2nd best these playoffs.
Jordan was the best at traveling with the ball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, no one remembers who lost in the first round. But everyone remembers who lost in the finals. People can make all of the claims that they want to the contrary, but the fact is, when you make it to the biggest stage (the finals), and you fail more often than you succeed, it's going to count against you.

So, in a sense, it is definitely better to lose in the first round than in the finals.

The Buffalo Bills made it to and lost, 4 straight Super Bowls. Getting to 4 straight Super Bowls is an unbelievable accomplishment. But you don't hear them brought up in discussions about the best teams ever because they lost every time. If they had 4 straight first round exits, no one would even remember them.

For Lebron, fair or not, he is likely to be 2-4 in finals appearances. If he were to retire after this season, he won't be remembered as a great player who never lost in the first round. He'll be remembered as a great player who failed more than he succeeded when on the biggest stage.

to be fair to Lebron he should be giving a pass for 2 of the finals

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Trojan discounting NBA2k is ridiculous. He should be stripped of his mod role for that. He basically is telling me that my 15 point 4th quarter comeback the other night vs my neighbor (while drinking) is meaningless? I did laps around his house afterwards waking up the neighborhood about how awesome I was and how much he sucked.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Completely right. This is the situation. I disagree with it. I think it is stupid. But the majority of fans and sports commentators/writers don't think like me. Replace Jordan and LeBron on those title runs and I believe Jordan would stand at 3-2, and then 3-3 after this year. But that is an impossible thing to prove.

I've said this for a few years and I stand by it. For LeBron to ever pass Jordan he is going to have to have 5 rings. If he has to go to 11 finals to get those 5 rings, so be it. At some point the sheer number of finals (as long as some are won) will become a resume enhancer. But when it is 6-0 vs 2-4 or 3-3, it will be discounted. Unfairly in my opinion, but discounted none the less.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to go with with Cavs being up 3-1 right now. GS is just too soft to play Big boy ball. Their Go to player Curry has been really bad. Thompson is missing in action. Only player I have been impressed with for GS is Iggy. Iggy has been great for GS so far.

Other than that one game where he missed open shots. He has been scoring 25 a game on 50% shooting. If that's bad then Curry must be one of the greatest players ever

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far My opinions have changed on both teams in these finals.
We found out GS isn't anything special and Cavs if Healthy would of won the whole thing.
I still think GS will win this but they need to be very careful. They need to win game 5 or they are done.

Isn't anything special? Seem pretty special to me lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Careful.....this season and these playoffs were determined by injury. Not sure that the Cavs with a healthy Love AND Irving beat the Warriors because the Cavs would not be as good on the peremeter defending and the Warriors would still be an awesome defensive team. Without Love and Irving, the Cavs can slow down the game and give themselves a real shot and provide a match up issue for GS. The Cavs got the right match up with GS. Not sure, they could wreak the same havoc against the Spurs or Clippers. Just the facts. Also, the Cavs played the Bulls without Gasol and the Hawks (another faux team) without their best peremeter defender.

GS meanwhile got lucky and did not have to play the Spurs -- they can thank the Clippers ----- or the Clippers -- thank the Clippers again this time for choking.

Meh we would own the clips

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't anything special? Seem pretty special to me lol

The Warriors have won 80+ games this season (including playoffs). Every team that has done that has won the title. The Warriors by defensive/offensive efficiencies are an all time type team. But they have looked pathetic this series against a team that is missing 2 of it's 3 top players and likely 3 of top 5 if you count the Sideshow Bob injury early in the season. Honestly, the Cavs have made the Warriors look like paper tigers and Curry should hand back his MVP, or just bring it to game 5 and give it to LeBron.

I still say the Warriors win this thing. Likely in 6. But right now, nothing is certain, and if the lose this series it has to go down as one of the biggest upsets in recent in NBA playoff history.