• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers NBA Finals Thread

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11430249_1079375498757795_182993931471701813_n.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to double check you really didn't care that LeBron left the Heat & you'd rather have Beasley anyway, correct?:D

:bolt:

:peep:

I wanted him to stay if it was multi year. One at a time, bye bye.

Much rather have Beasley. 100% true.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what was funny though, was watching Delly trying to score with Levingston on him last night. He just punked him and took the ball from him on one play.

Livingston is a solid defender in my book. He's come back from that horrendous injury and developed into a good rotation player.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 26,889.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad that Livingston is now just a rotation player but at least he has a career. He could have been really special imo.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So anyway, congrats GSW for playing a depleted team with 3 of its starters out for the year. What an accomplishment. :thumb::clap: start clearing a spot for the trophy.

I'll say this: I think it's ridiculous for folks like TurnUp to suggest that the Cavs "need excuses" for losing this series. That's bullshit. They were a significant underdog coming into this series and then lost their #2 player. An impartial observer would be impressed with the Cavs' performance thus far.

On the flip side, I think PIBuckeye's post here is equally as ridiculous. If the Warriors go on to win this series, they earned it, and their accomplishmen shouldn't be diminished like that.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this: I think it's ridiculous for folks like TurnUp to suggest that the Cavs "need excuses" for losing this series. That's bullshit. They were a significant underdog coming into this series and then lost their #2 player. An impartial observer would be impressed with the Cavs' performance thus far.

On the flip side, I think PIBuckeye's post here is equally as ridiculous. If the Warriors go on to win this series, they earned it, and their accomplishmen shouldn't be diminished like that.

hey, I think its laudable that delly stepped up, and bron took on more but its too much. I'm just stating the obvious. The cavs were just dealt too many handicaps to compete, its a shame. Would've been great to see this series played WITH Love, Varajao, and Irving........

What if the CAVS had those three healthy and GSW lost Green, Curry, and Klay? Love to read the comments in that scenario.......

so the post isn't ridiculous, it has the convenience of being true. I think its funny to say losing the best contributors on your team, "isn't an excuse".......... bullshit. it makes a difference.........

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, I think its laudable that delly stepped up, and bron took on more but its too much. I'm just stating the obvious. The cavs were just dealt too many handicaps to compete, its a shame. Would've been great to see this series played WITH Love, Varajao, and Irving........

What if the CAVS had those three healthy and GSW lost Green, Curry, and Klay? Love to read the comments in that scenario.......

so the post isn't ridiculous, it has the convenience of being true. I think its funny to say losing the best contributors on your team, "isn't an excuse".......... bullshit. it makes a difference.........

The only problem is Varajeo, Kyrie and Love on more than one occasion have been hurt. The first two probably could be labeled as injury prone even though most Cavs fans would disagree. So, how does one ever measure whether or not it's a good match up when the Cavs typically aren't ever heathly? And why should that be an asterisk for the team that plays them and beats them?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever.
We ALL know the story. We all know the injuries.
If they aren't your excuse, THEN QUIT MENTIONING THEM.
Just say the BETTER team won.
If it happens to end of being you, I'll give you all the props in the world.
I just won't like it.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'd hear a lot of "this one doesn't count" or "it was handed to him".

The injuries effecting Cleveland isn't an excuse, its a fact. It's silly to think they didn't come in as MAJOR underdogs with, essentially, no margin of error. They had to be perfect.

But that doesn't have anything effect on the validity of the warriors title, if they win, they earned ti.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely.

There'd be reasons as to why the Warriors lost.

so the post isn't ridiculous, it has the convenience of being true.

You're right, it's not ridiculous, it is based in fact. I was trying to be nice by calling it ridiculous. Had I been honest from the jump, I'd have said it makes you sound like a whiney child.

I think its funny to say losing the best contributors on your team, "isn't an excuse".......... bullshit. it makes a difference.........

Of course losing your best players makes a difference. I never said it didn't. Call it semantics, but I call that a "reason," not an "excuse."

That all said, a post, or comment, like "so congrats, warriors, you beat an injured squad and your title really doesn't mean shit" is poor sportsmanship. Tip your cap and move on.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever.
We ALL know the story. We all know the injuries.
If they aren't your excuse, THEN QUIT MENTIONING THEM.
Just say the BETTER team won.
If it happens to end of being you, I'll give you all the props in the world.
I just won't like it.

Are you drunk today? Your posts are less cogent than usual.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.

There'd be reasons as to why the Warriors lost.

You're right, it's not ridiculous, it is based in fact. I was trying to be nice by calling it ridiculous. Had I been honest from the jump, I'd have said it makes you sound like a whiney child.

Of course losing your best players makes a difference. I never said it didn't. Call it semantics, but I call that a "reason," not an "excuse."

That all said, a post, or comment, like "so congrats, warriors, you beat an injured squad and your title really doesn't mean shit" is poor sportsmanship. Tip your cap and move on.

You seem really smart :)

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd hear a lot of "this one doesn't count" or "it was handed to him".

The injuries effecting Cleveland isn't an excuse, its a fact. It's silly to think they didn't come in as MAJOR underdogs with, essentially, no margin of error. They had to be perfect.

But that doesn't have anything effect on the validity of the warriors title, if they win, they earned ti.

Wish I'd have seen this before my last post. I would have saved a lot of time and just said, "This."

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if you mean this or not. Either way, it's all a ruse. I just try to work Merriam-Webster's Word of the Day into my posts. . .
LOL yes I mean it. Actually was thinking back to when you said the same to me. Were you being sarcastic then?