• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Golden State @ San Antonio (March 19)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are the top fg% offense in the league and the Spurs are the top fg% defense. In the first meeting, the Warriors offense won that battle. On Saturday night, the Spurs defense won

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another thing people are overlooking is that warriors were playing there 6th game in 9 nights. Most of there loses have come on stuff like that, 5 games in 7 nights or 4 games in 5 nights.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors are the top fg% offense in the league and the Spurs are the top fg% defense. In the first meeting, the Warriors offense won that battle. On Saturday night, the Spurs defense won

Curry shot 2 of 9 from 3 tonight under 20 points again. Spurs defense is pretty good I know that, but it's not like it was so good steph couldn't get a good shot (for his standards) off

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously think everything happens for a reason in regards to Barnes passing on that extension. I find it hard to believe he will be offered a better deal if he doesn't get his game back. Letting him go could be an opportunity for GS to find a true PF. That would allow them to play Steph & Klay in the backcourt & Dray @ the 3. I think Dray will excel in that role because he wouldn't have to work quite as hard on defense as he does when he's guarding 4's & 5's. But, they would have to get someone who can be a threat in their own right-someone who knows his game and plays that way rather than someone who will try to change his game to keep up with the backcourt.

I wouldn't call Kevin Durant a true PF. :D

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Saturdays' game could've went either way-that's how close it was throughout. And, for GS to be without their top 2 big men that's a positive for them.

Is Ezeli going to play at all for them this year?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Spurs can play at their pace with those guys in the lineup. The pace of play is up to your defense. As long as the Spurs are able to get stops, they can easily play at their pace against the Warriors. As Parker said after the game, they attempted to play at the Warriors Pace in January and got destroyed. I don't think they will try that again but if they're not getting defensive stops they wouldn't have much control over that so it's all about their defense. With Bogut in the lineup, the only thing that would change is the Spurs starting lineup. They would have played Curry the same exact way .
Well, we saw what happened when they tried that in January in Oakland; a Warrior blowout. So I hope they do try that again.
Parker is lying if he tries to say they tried to play at the Warriors pace. In actuality, the Warriors dictated the pace by making shots and forced the Spurs to play at a faster pace just to try and keep up. The Spurs only tried to play faster when they had no choice because the Dubs were so far ahead.

Last edited:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we saw what happened when they tried that in January in Oakland; a Warrior blowout. So I hope they do try that again.
Parker is lying if he tries to say they tried to play at ther Warriors pace. In actuality, the Warriors dictated the pace by making shots and forced the Spurs to play at a faster pace just to try and keep up. The Spurs only tried to play faster when they had no choice because the Dubs were so far ahead.

Agree 100% on the Parker comment. No team would ever actively engage an opponent going into their strength. There's no way Pop said, "hey guys, lets try to out shoot the Warriors and run up and down the court". If you watched the last game between them you saw the Warriors play great defense to start the game, which lead to easy transition buckets and open looks from the outside. The Warriors jumped out to a big lead and the Spurs were forced to play catch up. That did them in.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100% on the Parker comment. No team would ever actively engage an opponent going into their strength. There's no way Pop said, "hey guys, lets try to out shoot the Warriors and run up and down the court". If you watched the last game between them you saw the Warriors play great defense to start the game, which lead to easy transition buckets and open looks from the outside. The Warriors jumped out to a big lead and the Spurs were forced to play catch up. That did them in.
Agreed. I think bksballer89 was thinking that this was the political forum where "fact check" does not exist.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure Duncan got 8 minutes by design. Duncan didn't start the game. David West only played 8 minutes as well. With the Warriors forced to go small because of no Bogut and Ezeli, Pop countered putting a smaller lineup to match up with the Warriors.

But the odd thing was then they posted Diaw up quite a bit.

They must have felt like Diaw was preferred defensive player instead of TD.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the odd thing was then they posted Diaw up quite a bit.

They must have felt like Diaw was preferred defensive player instead of TD.

Diaw was much preferred to Duncan, given the style the Warriors were engaging. The Warriors went small to start the game, and for much of the game had Draymond at center. Duncan doesn't have the foot speed to guard on the perimeter anymore. It would basically be the Spurs playing 4 out and 1 in on defense. Diaw was able to guard on the perimeter, at least better than Duncan could have.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, they are so fricking fun to watch.

So, I hope they don't take their foot off the pedal.

But, they can't win if they get forced into playing a halfcourt game.

I don't see Curry having 4 bad games like he did.

So, it will be interesting because you know Pop is gonna rest his guys.
I know the excitement. The one thing I'm super sad about is I haven't been able to get to a game yet.

But, I agree that Curry most likely won't have 4 bad games like he's had. I do think they can win the halfcourt game, when they're healthy. But being healthy is key for any team & we've all talked about that throughout the season.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ezeli going to play at all for them this year?
Not sure, there hasn't been a return date given. But we're hopeful. He hurt his knee playing against the Spurs in Jan.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a possibility shouldn't matter to them though
I only mentioned it because I think a lot of people think they strategically lost so they would get the 2nd seed last season. But I find it ironic if it happens again this season when they're trying to keep the #1 seed.