• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Golden State @ San Antonio (March 19)

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs have yet to prove to score on the Warriors Defense, which i can argue is just as good as the spurs IMO when they want to turn it up. Spurs don't have as much fire power as the Dubs do which will probably be the difference in a series i think.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that all the Warriors fans except CitySushi (arguably the only logical Warriors fan here) are completely downplaying how the Spurs played the Warriors on Saturday. You act like the Spurs couldn't have played any better. They had SEVERAL unforced turnovers and missed just as many uncontested 3s as the Warriors did. Bogut and Iggy may have proven a difference since SA isn't a great offensive rebounding team, but the fact that you all give the Spurs ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT WHATSOEVER is laughable. Both teams are fucking great. The Spurs were greater on Saturday. Also, Duncan was out in January and if we aren't allowed to use that as the excuse for such a bad loss, why should you all be able to? How about you stop over analyzing these regular season games snd just be excited for the playoffs when these two MORE THAN LIKELY meet?

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that all the Warriors fans except CitySushi (arguably the only logical Warriors fan here) are completely downplaying how the Spurs played the Warriors on Saturday. You act like the Spurs couldn't have played any better. They had SEVERAL unforced turnovers and missed just as many uncontested 3s as the Warriors did. Bogut and Iggy may have proven a difference since SA isn't a great offensive rebounding team, but the fact that you all give the Spurs ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT WHATSOEVER is laughable. Both teams are fucking great. The Spurs were greater on Saturday. Also, Duncan was out in January and if we aren't allowed to use that as the excuse for such a bad loss, why should you all be able to? How about you stop over analyzing these regular season games snd just be excited for the playoffs when these two MORE THAN LIKELY meet?
If both teams are so freaking great then why do you need credit from Warriors' fans? Gimme a break. You were one of the ones on here having a mantrum like you are 10 years old or something when they played in game 1.

And if you're comparing the loss of injuries you guys being without TD (one player) isn't the same as being without 3 players-all three of which make great contributions in the Warriors defense.

In the game I saw the Warriors kept it competitive throughout regardless of who was or wasn't on the court. As I mentioned before, this team wins consistently so there are no excuses needed. You win some & you lose some. They just so happen to have won more than any other team.

But during or after Saturday's loss there were no Warrior fans on the brink of crying either.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both teams are so freaking great then why do you need credit from Warriors' fans? Gimme a break. You were one of the ones on here having a mantrum like you are 10 years old or something when they played in game 1.

And if you're comparing the loss of injuries you guys being without TD (one player) isn't the same as being without 3 players-all three of which make great contributions in the Warriors defense.

In the game I saw the Warriors kept it competitive throughout regardless of who was or wasn't on the court. As I mentioned before, this team wins consistently so there are no excuses needed. You win some & you lose some. They just so happen to have won more than any other team.

But during or after Saturday's loss there were no Warrior fans on the brink of crying either.
No excuses needed yet EVERY Warrior fan on here has blamed the loss on injuries lmao. That's hilarious, man. You're right, they did keep it competitive. And that's the mindset you and everyone else should have. Not "we lost because of injuries :(" Fact is these games don't mean shit. And yeah I was upset at the first loss. We lost by fucking 30. Any logical fan would be regardless.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses needed yet EVERY Warrior fan on here has blamed the loss on injuries lmao. That's hilarious, man. You're right, they did keep it competitive. And that's the mindset you and everyone else should have. Not "we lost because of injuries :(" Fact is these games don't mean shit. And yeah I was upset at the first loss. We lost by fucking 30. Any logical fan would be regardless.
We're way past saying that was a good game. Many of us have already discussed that.

And my point about your behavior is that you can't act like a toddler one day then come back later and call others' out on their behavior-which for the record wasn't nearly as childish. That's called being a hypocrite.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're way past saying that was a good game. Many of us have already discussed that.

And my point about your behavior is that you can't act like a toddler one day then come back later and call others' out on their behavior-which for the record wasn't nearly as childish. That's called being a hypocrite.
I never called anyone out on their behavior. I simply said credit should be given and that overanalyzing these games is crazy. Definitely not the same thing. But if you wanna pick at something that's completely irrelevant to the subject, be be my guest. I never denied acting stupid during that game. Never said it was a great idea either. I'm not defending my actions here.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs have yet to prove to score on the Warriors Defense, which i can argue is just as good as the spurs IMO when they want to turn it up. Spurs don't have as much fire power as the Dubs do which will probably be the difference in a series i think.

I agree that the Spurs have yet to prove they can score on the Warriors defense but I totally agree that it is just as good as the Spurs defense. Stats prove that is a lie

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did quick research. There is not a single important defense statistic that Warriors are equal or better than Spurs in so there's actually no argument anyone can make to say the Warriors defense is as good as the Spurs because it just won't be true

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did quick research. There is not a single important defense statistic that Warriors are equal or better than Spurs in so there's actually no argument anyone can make to say the Warriors defense is as good as the Spurs because it just won't be true

Warriors are 1st in Offensive Efficiency, 4th in Defensive Efficiency
Spurs are 3rd in Offensive Efficiency, 1st in Defensive Efficiency

The main point being, the difference between these two teams in terms of being able to produce on both ends of the court is negligible. The winner of the series is going to be determined by which team executes better over a 7 game series. Spurs have a longer history of proving to be able to do this, while GS is playing at level we've never really seen before.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably not much to prove it but I think I can prove it to you by saying, that they can turn up the defense whenever they want to. They don't have to play great defense all game to beat teams. Because they know they can outscore teams most of the time. They can play as good of defense as the spurs when they want to.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty logical, should be a great series

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I think the Warriors already proved this season that those teams you mentioned having their 2nd & 3rd best players back didn't matter-or change the outcome. So really, this point is moot.
Bravo! lol.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then everyone said this match-up is the NBA Finals.

But neither actually won the chip..