• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Going forward into next season

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Farrow @Jamesfarrow1

My decision to transfer elsewhere has nothing to do with VT football. I love the entire Hokie family and wish them all the best next season.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't he from Minnesota? Aren't we hot on the trail of on of his former teammates? Or was that this season.

Anyway you slice it. Sucks.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Damn you Jayron :) ... We could've used you for sure ... Another year at VT would've done everyone some good, including him.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see where starting LT OL Max Garcia has been "granted" the right to transfer from Maryland to any other school. I also see where Shane tried to recruit him when Shane was at South Carolina. Would there be any interest on our part? Will he have to set out a year per ACC transfer rules, or has that been waived?

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He wants to head closer to home, from everything I read...hes a Georgia kid...so doubtful, seems like either UGA or UF...would be nice tho

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're thinking about how this affects the depth chart, what about Donovan Riley? I know he's a freshman like Manning and Tookes, and I thought he had good size to be a safety, but he seems to have the skill to be a CB as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where starting LT OL Max Garcia has been "granted" the right to transfer from Maryland to any other school. I also see where Shane tried to recruit him when Shane was at South Carolina. Would there be any interest on our part? Will he have to set out a year per ACC transfer rules, or has that been waived?

Edsall is a dick. I doubt he'd let the kid transfer in conference. He'll probably try to force him to go to some small WCC school.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He wants to head closer to home, from everything I read...hes a Georgia kid...so doubtful, seems like either UGA or UF...would be nice tho

From what i have read it seems like he could possibly be heading to Vandy with Obrien, maryland is accusing Franklin of contacting players.

Edsall is a dick. I doubt he'd let the kid transfer in conference. He'll probably try to force him to go to some small WCC school.

Edsall was a dick but the AD stepped in and said all their transfers are free to go where they choose, ACC schools included. Edsall was trying to block them from transferring to Vandy or any schools current or future (pitt syracuse).

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we're thinking about how this affects the depth chart, what about Donovan Riley? I know he's a freshman like Manning and Tookes, and I thought he had good size to be a safety, but he seems to have the skill to be a CB as well.

There is no doubt in my mind that Riley will get a shot at corner. He played there in college and is one of the most heady incoming freshman we have back there. he is very football smart and confident. I would bet that he will get a lot of time over there.

Good call!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Riley getting much PT. But I never thought Bonner would get as much as he is getting either. He gets picked on whenever he is on the field and I pray that changes this season, otherwise he will lose his spot.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonner showed signs of progress last year. He got beat a lot but also made some good plays. Experience and a year of film of what he was doing wrong can do a lot for him

Jhalf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Virginia Tech Effect - Blog
Looks like our spring game will be on ESPN3.

Fans_war_face.gif

Yes... Party at my place!!!

W2Y2O.gif

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSUfreek's GIF deserve to be in the interwebs version of the Louvre. I always smile when I watch the Cam Newton cash cab.