• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was glad when it stoped rainin

Hey, Misk - What happened up there today with all the tornados and things? Hope everyone is ok!

We get Hurricanes down here but you also get a 1-week notice before it hits too. Tornadoes are way worse in my opinion.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there were a few all over town ne minney , fridley ,blain , cir pines ..thats just to name a few .. had to out run the one in cir pines to get to a place to hunker down i am Aotay

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
there were a few all over town ne minney , fridley ,blain , cir pines ..thats just to name a few .. had to out run the one in cir pines to get to a place to hunker down i am Aotay

Aotay?? Sound a little like Buckwheat there, old buddy.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks Buck! I appreciate it buddy!
Yeah I get the bad luck thing, but when a major league team keeps screwing up the same simple play like a run down, it starts to look like a lack of concentration and effort and that is unacceptable out of the MN Twins who pride themselves on fielding and general baseball fundamentals "playing the game the right way". :lalala: All right that was my rant, now that it is out of the way GO TWINS!

Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, Mama said! That's an old song but it's lyrics ring true for Twins fans right now. With what has happened already I expect them to lose nearly every game but I don't care....they are still my team and I don't get my "dawbber" down over one bad season in the last 10, or so.

When they win it's an unexpected bonus and I look for the good points in the win like who contributed, who seems to be getting back on track, etc. When they lose I don't start blaming people, or smackin' my wife or kids, or worse yet, Towser, my dog! If, per chance, everyone gets healthy and the mojo returns, and the Twins put on a memorable rush for the pennant, we will all forget this bad-luck, and it was just that...bad luck!

Still a lot if ball to be played and this "is" still the Central Division!

Oh yes, jrs. - You've got a way more important team to root for right now anyway, and a bunch of players who look up to you. Tell those kids they have a big fan down in Fla.!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thanks Buck! I appreciate it buddy!
Yeah I get the bad luck thing, but when a major league team keeps screwing up the same simple play like a run down, it starts to look like a lack of concentration and effort and that is unacceptable out of the MN Twins who pride themselves on fielding and general baseball fundamentals "playing the game the right way". :lalala: All right that was my rant, now that it is out of the way GO TWINS!

I didn't see the game but who screwed up the dp?

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry, buddy, I meant rundown.
Liriano picked guy off then morneau made a throw that was little off and cassilla didn't catch it. trying to make this work on my phone as apparently my computer battery shit the bed tonight.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Liriano picked guy off then morneau made a throw that was little off and cassilla didn't catch it. trying to make this work on my phone as apparently my computer battery shit the bed tonight.

I can see this scene unfolding in my mind right now. Me and my friends down here are so traumatized by this season that we would have laughed at their ineptitude and joked about it much like Cubs fans have been doing for over 100 years. It is what it is, Casillo would not be starting on any other team right now. How could he...hitting around, or under.200, and fumbling throws that he should make in his sleep. Shows how bad the minor leaguers in the system must be. Don't let it get to you. Remember...the Cubs great Ernie Banks used to say, "It's a beautiful day, let's play two!," and his teams were pathetic his entire career.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very tired of them biffing up the rundown. It seems like it's been a few times now it has been an issue and the crew on Twins live keep doing post game instructionals on it. Maybe the boys should stick around after the game and watch sometime. lol

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am very tired of them biffing up the rundown. It seems like it's been a few times now it has been an issue and the crew on Twins live keep doing post game instructionals on it. Maybe the boys should stick around after the game and watch sometime. lol

Probably because I don't see the games down here I'm not aware of how bad it's gotten. I see that they have the worse rcord in MLB right now. There are a 1,000 reasons but still no definitive answer for this. If the guys on Fox can't figure it out who can?

Off to the Dr. with Lena, talk to you later.

Go Twins!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling like a broken record saying another tough loss. Good news this time is that Big Jim is BACK and swinging the big bat. Without his two dingers this would have just been another big loss. At least he keeps us in the game. Now those other fellas have to pick it up in order seal the deal. Things are still looking rough but not all hope is lost so hang in there.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Feeling like a broken record saying another tough loss. Good news this time is that Big Jim is BACK and swinging the big bat. Without his two dingers this would have just been another big loss. At least he keeps us in the game. Now those other fellas have to pick it up in order seal the deal. Things are still looking rough but not all hope is lost so hang in there.

Agree wit' you 100%, PC! Thome's performance shows what's been missing in the hitting arsenal just with him gone alone. With him gone the opposing pitcher handles the other guys with more confidence because there is no power lurking in the lineup to make him pay for a walk or basehit.

This current lineup simply has no power, save for Thome. Morneau, Cuddy, Delmon, Kubel, etc., must have ran into some kryptonite as they are not the same guys from 2009. What's the answer...got no idea. Bet FC knows!

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I am sure he at least thinks he knows anyway..

The Twins are just not playing at the level that they should be lately. Lots of time to recover though and the lineup is slowly coming back to form. Once the lineup is back then it will be back on the pitching to hold off some runs.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Pavano had a halfway decent outing. Could have been better but could have been worse too. The bullpen just had nothing to follow up with. Nathan and Capps both got rocked. And with guys like Perkins and Mijares not available who is left? The injury bug has been a big pain in the ass for the Twins this year.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At least Pavano had a halfway decent outing. Could have been better but could have been worse too. The bullpen just had nothing to follow up with. Nathan and Capps both got rocked. And with guys like Perkins and Mijares not available who is left? The injury bug has been a big pain in the ass for the Twins this year.

Spoken like a true fan, PC! Things could be worse, statistically, anyway. No matter what however; it is what it is. If we had opened with everyone healthy and this then occurred w/o injuries as an excuse, we might soon be looking at a wholesale change of players and mgrs. by mid-July.

If we face the truth, the hitting that occured in 2009 hasn't come back since. Right now, if I were the Pohlads I'd be wondering if these guys were 1-yr. wonders, or something. Throw in the injury issues, some authentic, some others a little more "fantom" in nature (Mauer & Delmon) and you have the stage set for the Pohlads to dump the whole team and salaries like Cleveland did 10-yrs ago. What can Mpls. do to protect itself? Take away the stadium??

This has the smell of a real bad outcome right now for loyal Twins fans but I understand the nature of the game for small-mkt. teams. It is totally out of my control. I live with it and hope for the best. Wish Hauv & FC could understand this but that ain't ever gonna happen. Glad I ain't the loyal dog on the doorstep when they come home!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL I am sure he at least thinks he knows anyway..

The Twins are just not playing at the level that they should be lately. Lots of time to recover though and the lineup is slowly coming back to form. Once the lineup is back then it will be back on the pitching to hold off some runs.
Come on guys! It's because gardenhire is fat!

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC, you hit the nail on the head, just when it starts to look a little better as guys start to return something else happens or someone else is injured. I have no faith in anyone in the bullpen anymore. Sorry guys, I must have been at fox too long its wearing off on me.

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PC, you hit the nail on the head, just when it starts to look a little better as guys start to return something else happens or someone else is injured. I have no faith in anyone in the bullpen anymore. Sorry guys, I must have been at fox too long its wearing off on me.

jrs - You might wanna read Fox again to remember what you walked away from. There are some very "inspirational" posts there right now. You could be in the early stages of that "Fox-Virus" but it's not too late to save yourself. By the way, how's that other team of yours doin'? You know the one I'm talkin' about...the only team that really matters! Go get 'em, good buddy!