• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Twins!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thats what we call it back in the burgh ..shot = a bump

Yup! I just hadn't heard that in a while. There really ain't no old fashioned bars down here in Ft. Myers like up North. In the "hood" bars In Mpls the cry on Mothers Day" (the 1st of the month, when the "checks" came out) was, " Gimmee a Hens and a Millers back!? That was a shot of Hennessey and a bottle of Miller Beer. A couple days later when the money was gone and everyone flamed-out that crowd would lay low until the next issuance of "checks" came out a month later. I'm talkin' Lake Street down by Nicollet ave and the 35W overpass.

Last edited by a moderator:

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol .. no you just cant beat those old beer gardens that smell of stale beer and cigs

Yeah, then you go just 3 miles, or so, west, and you get into Uptown (Hennepin & Lake) and a whole different deal. I've been gone for nearly 10 yrs., so things would have changed, but I bet not that much. The music scene up there was outstanding and I miss that a lot, but that "snow thing" was not my cup of tea. I gotta get into the Miami scene someday, 'cept that would lead to a DUI for sure! It's nearly 2 hrs. 1-way. Decisions, decisions!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gotta run for a while, I got a great game goin' on up in Tampa. The Rays have scored 5 in the 6th to lead the "Jankees" 6-5! How the Rays are doing it after the players they lost is beyond me but they are still real tough. They help me cope while the Twins are wandering in the wasteland.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta run for a while, I got a great game goin' on up in Tampa. The Rays have scored 5 in the 6th to lead the "Jankees" 6-5! How the Rays are doing it after the players they lost is beyond me but they are still real tough. They help me cope while the Twins are wandering in the wasteland.

Good thing Upton is back from the two game suspension. I saw on my fantasy team he just hit a dinger for the Rays. :whoo:

Bumped

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would have to be on a device the size of a watch tonight
fun trying to see what I am doing.

Jrs, PC , Buck, Mr. Tea glad to see you gents.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after yet another loss last night (longest lossing streak since 98! Woo!) I heard that the Twins players were getting into it and calling each other out in the clubhouse after the game. This is good to hear to prove that yes, they really do care contrary to what some may speculate that they do not. Baseball players are some of the most passionate and competitive guys out there. It is a rough time but they just need to fight through it until we get a few guys back up.

I guess Mauer is coming along and Nishi is progressing as well. Thome could be back with us by this weekend just in time for interleague play in AZ which is great news.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well after yet another loss last night (longest lossing streak since 98! Woo!) I heard that the Twins players were getting into it and calling each other out in the clubhouse after the game. This is good to hear to prove that yes, they really do care contrary to what some may speculate that they do not. Baseball players are some of the most passionate and competitive guys out there. It is a rough time but they just need to fight through it until we get a few guys back up.

I guess Mauer is coming along and Nishi is progressing as well. Thome could be back with us by this weekend just in time for interleague play in AZ which is great news.

Hey PC, yeah that has been neede for some time now. This goes one of two ways, either they get some fire and start to produce or it blows up in our face and everybody gets pissed off and stays that way. Either way we will soon learn what kind of resolve these guys have.
That is good to hear about these guys that are injured!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Bumped - You fool, you! Welcome aboard! The three of us been trying to figure out how to get you here w/o the spam-guys tagging along.

This is a very nice site. You'll really like it! One of my "crime dogs" is "Minsk." He knows this site's workings pretty good and helped me. Get to know him!

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey PC, yeah that has been neede for some time now. This goes one of two ways, either they get some fire and start to produce or it blows up in our face and everybody gets pissed off and stays that way. Either way we will soon learn what kind of resolve these guys have.
That is good to hear about these guys that are injured!

jrs. - It can't get any worse, that's for sure. I agree with your conclusion also. It's one or the other...no in-between. I still contend that Mauer must return, he is the soul of this team. The whole team revolves around him. Nishi is like a car's alternator, if he ain't working properly the car doesn't run right. Got to get him back in the infield!

This team cannot win anything more than respect this season, the damage is too severe to make up, seeing as those two are gonna be out for at least several more weeks. We are fans, not haters. It's up to us to stay the course and see what develops. At least, that's what I'm doing.

jrs21

I'm a Bullet Proof Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I watched the Cardinals Phils game yesterday. Cliff Lee was pitching for the Phils and our boy Pig Pen was playing for the Cards. LNP went two for four and scored a couple runs in a close game. he also turned a couple of very nifty double plays. He played a pretty good game all the way around. He was his normal gritty, hustling, player sporting that uniform that was dirty from head to toe! We got anybody like that on our team? There is no doubt the guy was overpaid, but twins fans basically chased that guy out of town. Now I am thinking he would look pretty good as a Twin. That dude has a lot of heart.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Cardinals Phils game yesterday. Cliff Lee was pitching for the Phils and our boy Pig Pen was playing for the Cards. LNP went two for four and scored a couple runs in a close game. he also turned a couple of very nifty double plays. He played a pretty good game all the way around. He was his normal gritty, hustling, player sporting that uniform that was dirty from head to toe! We got anybody like that on our team? There is no doubt the guy was overpaid, but twins fans basically chased that guy out of town. Now I am thinking he would look pretty good as a Twin. That dude has a lot of heart.

I caught a little bit of that game last night too. Punto had a decent night at the plate and was looking good in the field. Wouldn't mind having him right now at all. He really was talked/bitched about too much his last couple years with the Twins but I agree that he had a bit too big of a price tag. One of those announcers couldn't pronounce his name right last night and it was driving me nuts.. lol

buckamania

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
jrs & PC - I agree wholeheartedly that Nick was/is maligned way too harshly by Twins fans. He was a role player only and you knew for certain what he could and couldn't do. At least you can plan strategy around a guy like that vs. guys like Casillo. The Twins mgmt. had Nishi in mind for a while and had he played as expected we'd be in much better shape. Nick had to go then, but he'd be valuable now, 'specially since Danny V. and casillo are slumping so badly. Nick could rest 'em anyway and maybe fire up the team.