• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go/stay thread (realisticly)

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go:
Utley
Rollins
Lee
Byrd

Stay:
Howard
Hamels
Ruiz

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also forgot Burnett. If he could get his shit together he would attract lots of teams.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Go:
Utley
Rollins
Lee
Byrd
Ruiz
Burnett
Papelbon

Stay:
Howard (no one would take him.)
Hamels

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go:
Utley
Rollins
Lee
Byrd

Stay:
Howard
Hamels
Ruiz

why the stays? save hamels for what? there will be an AL team that'll take howard as a DH...especially if he pads his numbers more...right now he is at 11 HR's...maybe he can get that up to 15-17 at the trade deadline. of course we would have to pay a good portion of his salary..but still worth it to move on. We need prospects badly!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go:
Utley
Rollins
Lee
Byrd
Ruiz
Burnett
Papelbon

Stay:
Howard (no one would take him.)
Hamels

Wait, realistically? You think Ruben will trade 7 guys? Burnett, Byrd, and Rollins should be easy and should go. Ruben won't trade Utley or Lee, and no one wants Ruiz or Papelbon with their contracts.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why the stays? save hamels for what? there will be an AL team that'll take howard as a DH...especially if he pads his numbers more...right now he is at 11 HR's...maybe he can get that up to 15-17 at the trade deadline. of course we would have to pay a good portion of his salary..but still worth it to move on. We need prospects badly!

I'd be all for trading Hamels. 30 year old pitchers with lots of innings pitched don't age gracefully.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Lee and Hamels both are in that window where the next couple of years' production is not going to support their present trade value because both will decline fairly rapidly. Trade them now to get prospects. I doubt it'll happen with you know who running things.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, Lee and Hamels both are in that window where the next couple of years' production is not going to support their present trade value because both will decline fairly rapidly. Trade them now to get prospects. I doubt it'll happen with you know who running things.

Sporting news has Amaro ranked as the worst Gm in all of baseball!

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone, no one is untouchable at this point in the game. If someone wants to take Fat Howard off our hands and eat a good portion of his albatross contract then so be it, best net gain in a trade would be for Utley, Hamels & Ruiz. Just by trading those three should fetch a good return optimistically speaking but Booben won't go that route. It's a pretty shitty situation to be in, not sure if other teams are interested in your player due to age or history of injuries etc, no farm to fall back on since its been raped over the last few years, no youth in the lineup, guys just going through the motions without a care in the world, a manager who make mind boggling decisions that usually don't work, the future is bright in philly baby!

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wait, realistically? You think Ruben will trade 7 guys? Burnett, Byrd, and Rollins should be easy and should go. Ruben won't trade Utley or Lee, and no one wants Ruiz or Papelbon with their contracts.

Those 7 should be off the team and can be moved. And you have Lee on your own list, tard. Not sure why you are questioning them being on mine.

Ruiz is absolutely tradeable and there is usually at least two contending teams looking to improve the closer role.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those 7 should be off the team and can be moved. And you have Lee on your own list, tard. Not sure why you are questioning them being on mine.

Ruiz is absolutely tradeable and there is usually at least two contending teams looking to improve the closer role.

You're right he is. I doubt he gets moved still. Check back on August 1st and see how many of these players have been moved. "Tard."

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is a mid-30's catcher with decent production signed to a 3 year deal "absolutely 'tradeable'"? Don't get me wrong I would move him, but this was a thread talking about what will happen. If those seven guys are gone I will gladly eat all of my words. But it is highly unlikely.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep them all. Dump only non-performers. Bring up guys who can hit or pitch. Some of these actions have already been taken. Willie Magic is not out there. If he is, the Giants or the A's will keep him locked up. They know that the Phillies FO likes dumb deadline deals that give fans the impression of pro-active leadership.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How is a mid-30's catcher with decent production signed to a 3 year deal "absolutely 'tradeable'"? Don't get me wrong I would move him, but this was a thread talking about what will happen. If those seven guys are gone I will gladly eat all of my words. But it is highly unlikely.

If Saltalamacchia, who is worse defensively, offensively, and shitty with pitchers, can find a home with a three year deal, I'm pretty sure Ruiz can be traded.

If McCann, who is in his sixth year of a decline, can sign a five year $85 mill. deal, the Phillies can find a trade partner for Ruiz.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Saltalamacchia, who is worse defensively, offensively, and shitty with pitchers, can find a home with a three year deal, I'm pretty sure Ruiz can be traded.

If McCann, who is in his sixth year of a decline, can sign a five year $85 mill. deal, the Phillies can find a trade partner for Ruiz.

Saltalamacchia was 28 when he signed a 3 year deal. Ruiz is freaking 35. I'm pretty sure most teams aside from the Phillies recognize catchers don't perform very well in their mid to late 30's. McCann got a deal from a team that is capable of (and known for) giving out shitty contracts. Maybe Ruiz can be moved if we had a good GM and if we ate some of his salary and if he was willing to DH for an American League team. But in the realm of things that probably will or could happen, Ruiz will stay a Phillie.

Not to mention the typical BS every Phillies fan and Ruben will say: "Who's going to catch with Ruiz gone??? Wil Nieves!?"

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Saltalamacchia was 28 when he signed a 3 year deal. Ruiz is freaking 35. I'm pretty sure most teams aside from the Phillies recognize catchers don't perform very well in their mid to late 30's. McCann got a deal from a team that is capable of (and known for) giving out shitty contracts. Maybe Ruiz can be moved if we had a good GM and if we ate some of his salary and if he was willing to DH for an American League team. But in the realm of things that probably will or could happen, Ruiz will stay a Phillie.

Not to mention the typical BS every Phillies fan and Ruben will say: "Who's going to catch with Ruiz gone??? Wil Nieves!?"

Ruiz is better now than Slaty is at 28. Salty was benched in the World Series for poor performance. Most teams should have realized how bad Salty is at the catcher position, but, yet, here we are with him getting a three year deal.

Ruiz is still a good catcher and isn't a liability in the field.

I'm not saying he is capable of fetching a collection of great prospects. Buy he is tradeable. The notion that he would be a DH seem a bit off.