• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Go Skins! (for 1 week only)

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a divisional standpoint Boys & Skins interests are aligned.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's pretty screwed up but I agree.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I didnt know about this at first but then I looked at the remaining schedule for both teams. The Eagles have a pretty easy road with 4 home games left out of 6 and no elite type teams left to play.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer the Shegals bury the Skins & The Boyz take care of their own business for a change.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most excellent Ford and RJ! :bounce::bounce:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I be happy no matter who wins. Maybe they can tie. With McNabb gone there should be no confusion.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I be happy no matter who wins. Maybe they can tie. With McNabb gone there should be no confusion.

Good idea. I was trying to decide what I wanted. A tie would actually be great for us. Not sure how likely it will be, but that's what I'm rooting for.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We pretty much have agreed that it is a week to week league now and the GB situation at QB kind of proves that theory. I think both Washington and Philly are playing better than they did at the beginning. I just look at those schedules and it kind of startled me when I looked at the Eagles. I tend to forecast things too much probably, but it was real easy 2 weeks ago to put a check mark in the L column when the EaGles and Giants played GB. I still think the Pack have a good shot at beating NY , but the loss at home vs Philly really was a huge win for Philly. Their remaining schedule as I mentioned earlier doesnt look near as tough as Washingtons IMO. I guess one could make the argument that Philly doesnt play well at home. I actually could see them winning 9 if not more, so Im rooting for Bob and the boys

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagle fans are way more tolerable, so oh no ty. Eagles need to end their season.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the NFC East plays the NFC East (not the cowboys obviously) I want the team with the worst record beat the team with the better record.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagle fans are way more tolerable, so oh no ty.

I'm very surprised you feel this way. Do you mean since last years division title, as a lot of arrogant fans bellied up to the table? IMO, eagles fans, in the following ways are the worst in our division: behavior at games, shout loudest mentality, general negativism, being my primary measure.

Course it's all subjective, in the end.

Now, i totally get it if youre coming from a historical perspective as rivals, and totally agree! For me, losses/wins to the pokes, always matter the most. And before you say benchmark (Pday) I say , there is more history of important games that matter between the skins and boys, then other teams in this division from a skins perspective. Probably not be the same for how boys fans feel, as the skins were so mediocre while the boys dominated in the 90s. Boys garnered more rivalries with other teams outside the division, during that time as a result. But before that, I'd argue skins/boys was one of the fiercest rivalries in the NFL.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very surprised you feel this way. Do you mean since last years division title, as a lot of arrogant fans bellied up to the table? IMO, eagles fans, in the following ways are the worst in our division: behavior at games, shout loudest mentality, general negativism, being my primary measure.

Course it's all subjective, in the end.

Now, i totally get it if youre coming from a historical perspective as rivals, and totally agree! For me, losses/wins to the pokes, always matter the most. And before you say benchmark (Pday) I say , there is more history of important games that matter between the skins and boys, then other teams in this division from a skins perspective. Probably not be the same for how boys fans feel, as the skins were so mediocre while the boys dominated in the 90s. Boys garnered more rivalries with other teams outside the division, during that time as a result. But before that, I'd argue skins/boys was one of the fiercest rivalries in the NFL.

George Allen put the rivalry on the map....no question. Dallas was already a national draw by taking the Packers to the wire for the first two Super Bowls. Dallas and Cleveland was a huge deal throughout the mid to late 60's with classic playoff battles for 4 years. Allen knew Dallas was an NFL powerhouse and was obsessed with all that was Dallas and mostly Tom Landry. The word jealous just doesn't do it justice. Obsessed does. I've found that the large majority of redskin fans today still adhere to that thinking. Dallas is the topic for Washington regardless the year 99% of the time Dallas has been in the league. What does Washington really have besides Dallas? No Green Bay, no Pittsburgh and no San Francisco. Even after the last 15 years....the darkest in the storied franchise's history.... Who remains the benchmark for all other NFC East teams year in and year out? Sorry.....Dallas came into the league and within 4 years became the bigger NFC east story and it's still true after all these years.

:suds:

I'll admit I dislike Washington the most now that Ryan is outta philly. The redskin fans are as obnoxious as the Dallas fans when their team does well. I laugh at redskin fans that think otherwise about that.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I really have never thought about it but I have actually been for the Giants and Eagles in the Superbowl before. I guess that may have something to do with my hatred for the Pats though. Between the 3 of our division rivals, I have always pulled for the team that helped the Cowboys the most. I have never really hated any Skins players either- with exception to Theismann, Riggo, and Mark Mosely for some reason. Hate is a strong word so take it for what its worth- I should have said disliked. The Cowboys / Skins game to me though does carry extra weight compared to the others.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add just a few points to your post pDay.

Gibbs changed the landscape of the rivalry from 'obsessive' to relevant, by solid, consistent, performance (over antics and a few wins) with his 4 SB appearances and 3 wins with 3 different QBs over a sustained period of time. This is also why I respect Gibbs so very, very, much.

There also already existed a state of enmity based on George Preston Marshall's hatred of how the Cowboys entered the football arena, took what he thought was the south and what he considered his territory (wrongly imo), had the audacity to actually be good (lmao, good for y'all) and topped off by the insult of a stolen fight songs copyright.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to this topic....I'd like to see Washington win. I just don't think that happens

Week to week league (lol a feels like I say that as much as you actually), but based on not having seen a complete game from the skins yet, it doesn't look good.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The skins need to go after Foles ...sap his confidence. He could be Eagles QB for the next 10 years.
Never realized how big he was either.

If the Cowboys are the Chimera .....then a big accurate pocket passer is our Bellerophon.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbs changed the landscape of the rivalry from 'obsessive' to relevant

I agree
Nothing but respect for Gibbs and the job he did in DC

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting sub plot for me is how well Chip Kelly game plans against Shanahan, second time around. And what adjustments he makes. His game plan vs the Giants and TC, second time around didn't go so well. Then again, players do have to execute.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbs changed the landscape of the rivalry from 'obsessive' to relevant

I agree
Nothing but respect for Gibbs and the job he did in DC

I await a team and coach who can sustain success for this franchise, consistently, again. Not confident we've found that guy yet, but youd have to be pretty incredible to match Gibbs. Not sure it can be done, but I continue to hope.

I'm old school that way, the benchmark for me, is success on the field. Period. It's just sweeter when it comes against the boys...

:suds: