• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GNT: Turris at Boston | 7pm ET | 2/28 | Dead Man Skating

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So lemme ask the Philly faithful this question.

If Marchand hit Giroux with that exact same hit you would not be here crying that Marchand is a dirty ****?

P L E A S E

Probably the same reaction Bruins fans would have had if Kaleta ran Tim Thomas over. Just saying, we all see the games with our rose colored glasses. That's why we are sports fans and debate these kinds of plays.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm perfectly ok with a team saying its not ok to hit their players. Cause really, if you convince the other team to not hit your players, you're probably gunna win some hockey games.

I think if you're willing to make a hit like that, you better e ready to defend what you did. Saying you're not allowed to step in right away is begging the victim's team to take a cheap run at someone down the line. I'd much rather have the guy making the hit be ready to defend himself right there then let it stew and have the players force a big hit, which would likely result in something dangerous and cheap.

Fighting is part of hockey too, if you wanna be a man and punish someone, be a man and stand up for what you did. If you're a real man youll knock out two chumps in one play.

I do love seeing someone get knocked out, and then their teammate omes to defend them and they get knocked out as well.

That said, the checker shouldn't have to pay any price for making a clean hit. He should keep his head up because guys will have his number and should be looking to put a clean hit right back on him. This player shouldn't have to "fight" anyone. Thats the kind of fighting I am against.

Turris' hit was clean. No fine, No suspension, I think he's still alive, so

/thread

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am saying is... "it happens". But three times now total. Two times with season ending injuries, and now one that was as dirty as they come regardless of you blind fucks, its going a little over the top. "It happens" just doesn't apply anymore.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This work day needs to fly by. I got Gentleman Jack and ginger ale waiting for me... C'mon 7pm!!!

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This work day needs to fly by. I got Gentleman Jack and ginger ale waiting for me... C'mon 7pm!!!

Honestly I do not expect much to come out of it. Corvo is not a fighter but I bet he gets a howdie doo from Thornton.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Thornton may be sitting out this one.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am saying is... "it happens". But three times now total. Two times with season ending injuries, and now one that was as dirty as they come regardless of you blind fucks, its going a little over the top. "It happens" just doesn't apply anymore.

all i wanted to hear

good day gentlemen.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back to your Flyer board, you are no longer welcome in these parts.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That hit would have been a nothing hit as early as 3 years ago Jeff. I don't get why you are so pissed off. Yes it was borderline but it was not that bad. Don't listen to that fucking idiot Jack Edwards.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt even have the Bruins feed... Whats good for the goose is good for the gander (or whatever the fucking saying is)... It isnt even necessarily the hit, it is the fact that we get suspended for dumb hits (minus the Looch hit on Miller), but when our guys are taken out of the game, nothing. Nothing. Three fucking times now, nothing. I'm sick of it.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 years ago, 10 years ago, even now, I am actually fine with those hits. BUT, they are not allowed, and our guys get suspended for that type of shit. So I expect other players to get the same treatment. Its hilarious that people think we get special treatment.

Urkie

The MVP...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
3 years ago, 10 years ago, even now, I am actually fine with those hits. BUT, they are not allowed, and our guys get suspended for that type of shit. So I expect other players to get the same treatment. Its hilarious that people think we get special treatment.

There is no bias. If somebody said it, it was probably in a spur of the moment rage by a person having homer glasses on.

But honestly, if you think the Turris hit is suspension worthy then most hits are suspension worthy. Now that's what you call pussification....

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no bias. If somebody said it, it was probably in a spur of the moment rage by a person having homer glasses on.

But honestly, if you think the Turris hit is suspension worthy then most hits are suspension worthy. Now that's what you call pussification....

Thats the thing... I agree. BUT, players get suspended for that shit. But they don't against the Bruins. Intent or not, players have been suspended for leaving their feet and having contact with the head. Turris wasn't even a thought. Luckily Corvo was fine. My frustration isn't even mostly with Turris. It is more with Sestito and Gill.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing... I agree. BUT, players get suspended for that shit. But they don't against the Bruins. Intent or not, players have been suspended for leaving their feet and having contact with the head. Turris wasn't even a thought. Luckily Corvo was fine. My frustration isn't even mostly with Turris. It is more with Sestito and Gill.

I must have a bad memory. What Bruins players have been suspended for a similar hit this year?

The fact that Urkie and I haven't even really had to defend this hit because members of other fan bases have says all that needs to be said about it.

If Turris had gotten 1 game I might have been mildly pissed but no big deal.

I seem to remember McQuaid trying rip Foligno's knee apart earlier in the season and there was no suspension. The Bruins (primarily Marchand and Lucic) have several players who play on the edge and have laid their share of unpunished dirty hits. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

As an aside either Corvo is full of shit or the Bruins need to hold him out of this game. He says he's had headaches for two days after the hit.

Now where is that classless stack of crap Dr. Recchi when you need him?

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fighting is part of hockey too, if you wanna be a man and punish someone, be a man and stand up for what you did. If you're a real man youll knock out two chumps in one play.

If you make a legal hit why in the world should you have to answer to anyone? The guy getting injured or not shouldn't play into things (retribution, disciplinary actions, how bad the hit was, ect.) in both clean and dirty hits, as much as it does.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, Shanahan.....Colon Campbell. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. I don't know why any of us (me included) get upset with disciplinary actions anymore. It's a flawed system that doesn't appear to be getting all that much better. For each step Shanahan takes forward, he takes 75% of that step back.

BTW Jeff (I really don't mean this as an insult), I know you were a Whalers fan before and haven't been ahuge fan of the Bruins, but they DID use to have very favorable treatment while Colon was at the helm. When Lucic didn't get suspended too, I'm sure a lot of people jumped the gun and assumed it was still happening. Now the Bruins are feeling the wrath. Like Kenny said though, live by the sword, die by the sword. This is a flawed process; there's not much any of us fans can do about it.

Hell, I think Jumbo got a 2 game suspension (if memory serves me correctly) just for stepping out of the penalty box at the wrong time and watching David Perron skate face first into his shoulder. Joe stepped into a bad situation, he can't just let the guy fly by, so he just stood his ground and poor Perron had no idea he was there.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are there 2 sets of video? how can everybody except bruins fans think this was a clean hit

maybe the other video shows Turris spearing Corvo in the throat with a lacrosse stick :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are there 2 sets of video? how can everybody except bruins fans think this was a clean hit

maybe the other video shows Turris spearing Corvo in the throat with a lacrosse stick :noidea:

Bruins fans got the Zapruder film

/Nice game, pretty boy

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess 7pm tonight... this will all be sorted out.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pshhhhh. Your little game would have been over for an hour till the Flyers start tonight. :)