• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GNT: Turris at Boston | 7pm ET | 2/28 | Dead Man Skating

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
63972.png
@
84.png

SENATORS (33-23-8) at BRUINS (37-20-3)
TV: SNET-E, TVA, NESN (HD)
Last 10: Ottawa 6-3-1; Boston 5-4-1
64 GP 60
33 W 37
23 L 20
8 OT 3
74 P 77
0.578 P% 0.642
3.02 G/G 3.22
2.97 GA/G 2.28
19.5 PP% 18.6
81.6 PK% 84.9
30.9 S/G 33.4
32.2 SA/G 30.6
50.3 FO% 54.7

-----------------------------

Feb 25, 2012 / BOS @ OTT / BOS, 5 - 3
Jan 31, 2012 / OTT @ BOS / BOS, 4 - 3
Dec 14, 2011 / BOS @ OTT / BOS, 5 - 2
Nov 1, 2011 / OTT @ BOS / BOS, 5 - 3

Season Series:
Fifth of six meetings between these Northeast Division rivals. Boston has dominated to this point, winning the first four matchups over Ottawa by a combined 19-11 score, extending their overall streak in this series to eight straight. Patrice Bergeron of the Bruins leads all scorers with 4 goals and 6 points, while Daniel Alfredsson paces the Senators with 3 goals and 5 points.

Big Story:
The teams are meeting for the second time in four days -- it's the back end of a home-and-home for Bruins but not the Senators, who rebounded from their loss to the B's on Saturday by beating the Islanders on Sunday. Ottawa is only three points back of Boston in the Northeast but has played four additional games, so if the Senators are still entertaining hopes of winning the division this is an absolute must-win.

TEAM SCOPE

Senators:
The acquisition of Ben Bishop over the weekend along with Robin Lehner's strong performance Sunday as an emergency call-up sparks the question of who will get the bulk of the work in net until Craig Anderson is able to return from injury. Veteran backup Alex Auld is also in the equation. The 20-year-old Lehner made his second start of the season and the 10th appearance of his young career against the Islanders and turned aside 28 shots in a 5-2 victory. Erik Karlsson assisted on power-play goals by Milan Michalek and Jason Spezza to get the offense going.

"It was a big win all around," Spezza said. "It was a hard fought game and Robin did a good job of keeping us in that first period. It wasn't the best first 10 minutes we've had and he kept it 1-0 and gave us a chance to hang around in the game."

Bruins:
This is the start of a three-game homestand for Boston, which salvaged a six-game road trip with Saturday's 5-3 win in Ottawa. The Bruins entered in a 1-2-1 funk, but built a 4-1 lead by the middle of the third period thanks to a goal and an assist from Bergeron and Carter Camper's first NHL goal. The Senators cut the lead down to one as Alfredsson scored twice 1:37 apart, but Bergeron's second of the night into an empty net helped Tim Thomas (27 saves) hold off the late charge.

"I thought we played pretty well," Bergeron said in the Boston Herald. "It's been a tough road trip for us. To finish off with a win is always a good thing.

"It's a huge win. I thought we played real well. It was a great effort by everyone. We were using our speed. They're a good team. We were aware of the standings before the game and we knew it was a huge game."

Who's Hot:
Spezza has 8 goals and 12 assists during a nine-game points streak for the Senators. Karlsson has 6 goals and 11 assists during a seven-game points streak. Michalek has 3 goals and 2 assists during a three-game points streak. … Brad Marchand has 3 goals in as many games for the Bruins. Zdeno Chara has 1 goal and 2 assists in the last two games.

Injury Report:
Boston defenseman Johnny Boychuk absorbed a heavy hit in Saturday's game and is day-to-day. Forward Rich Peverley (sprained MCL) is out 4-6 weeks. Forward Nathan Horton (concussion) is on injured reserve. … Anderson (lacerated finger) is out indefinitely for Ottawa.

FUCK SHANAHAN!

Stat Pack:
Karlsson's pair of assists Sunday gave him 64 points for the season, a single-season franchise record by a defenseman. Norm Maciver had 63 during the team's inaugural 1992-93 season. … Bergeron fired nine shots on goal for the Bruins on Saturday, matching his output for the first five games of the road trip.

Puck Drop:
Lehner, a second-round pick by Ottawa in 2009, had been looked at as the franchise's goalie of the future, but now he has some competition in the 6-foot-7 Bishop, who at 25 has already accomplished about all he can at the AHL level and will be looking to secure a permanent position on the big club. Lehner isn't showing any outward signs of being bothered by the deal, though.

"It's great -- they've been talking about getting some more depth at the position," he said. "It's just another guy; another player. It's competition, you know? Everyone competes -- it's nothing different for the players. Every year new guys come in, and everyone's fighting for spots. I'm just doing my best to help the team right now. I'm not thinking about the future. I'm just enjoying the ride right now."

title-there-will-be-blood.jpg

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am REALLY looking forward to this game. Hopefully there is a black and gold jersey skating around with the name "Brown" on the back.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes.

And you say you are against the pussification of the NHL.

Unless of course a Bruin gets a skinned knee of course.

Marchand does shit worse than the Turris hit in 90% of his games. :L

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: You're funny.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yikes.

And you say you are against the pussification of the NHL.

Unless of course a Bruin gets a skinned knee of course.

Marchand does shit worse than the Turris hit in 90% of his games. :L

Pussification is exactly what it would have been IF he were punished for the hit. Nothing wrong with it. Let them play.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
christ sly, it wasn't that bad of a hit.. i've seen bigger hits in the Lingerie Football League.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pussification is exactly what it would have been IF he were punished for the hit. Nothing wrong with it. Let them play.

christ sly, it wasn't that bad of a hit.. i've seen bigger hits in the Lingerie Football League.

You guys must be trying to just piss me off... If not, you are both fucking retarded.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He left his feet and targeted the head. I dont care if Corvo was fine afterwards and finished the game. I expect retribution... and there will be. Corvo called him out. Gonna be one helluva game. :nod:

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He left his feet and targeted the head. I dont care if Corvo was fine afterwards and finished the game. I expect retribution... and there will be. Corvo called him out. Gonna be one helluva game. :nod:

Left feet after contact. Happens all the time. Not a penalty.

He only made contact with the head because Corvo turned around. It was going to be shoulder on shoulder until he quickly turned.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Left feet after contact. Happens all the time. Not a penalty.

He only made contact with the head because Corvo turned around. It was going to be shoulder on shoulder until he quickly turned.

lmao... watch his knees as he goes in for the hit. Wow... Keep hatin' on the Bruins. Fucking priceless.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You contradict yourself over and over.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you gotta be joking sly.. with the hits that go on in the NHL.. really? this isn't that bad

and i know you're not supposed to think about it like this, but B4L joe corvo is not claude giroux.. put it on an even scale, say, it was bourdon or gustaffson and i'd be sittin here sayin the same thing

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
staal's hit on coburn a few weeks back was at least 10x as bad and he got fined 2500.. would a fine of $250 make you feel better?

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats not the way to look at it awaz. I never do. And being against leaving your feet and targeting the head has nothing to do with pussification... I'm actually getting irritated at you fuckfaces.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he hardly left his feet.. watch his right skate on the replay.. its on the ground until he hits corvo's skate and basically trips in to him.. and its lined up shoulder to shoulder til corvo opens in to the hit

i get that your mad that your guy got hit, but its not a vicisious hit, its not like he's flying in there from 180 ft like jack edwards thinks.. he's drifting in to him for the last 6 feet, lined up square to the shoulder.. corvo opens up, and turris hits him in the head

i woulda been fine if he got suspended for a game too.. but calling for blood is a bit much.. in my eyes the bruins should be going after neil.. his hit was completely legal, but that was a MUCH harder hit.. and i'm all for fighting for what hurt a teammate