• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Glazer: Panthers source says they are working on trade sending Jon Beason to Giants

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Glazer:

Panthers source says they are working a trade that would send pro bowl LB Jon Beason to the Giants, who sorely need defensive help

Nicks has been speculated about for a few days but so far every bit of it has been false. I really want Nicks!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jay Glazer:

Late round compensation being discussed in exchange for Beason

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Remember the old Beason VS Willis arguments? Those were funny.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nicks has been speculated about for a few days but so far every bit of it has been false. I really want Nicks!

I don't see it happening because whoever trades for him is going to want him locked up to a long-term deal. And his stock is so low, I don't see how Nicks would want to sign an extension right now. I'd wait 'til FA if I were he.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see it happening because whoever trades for him is going to want him locked up to a long-term deal. And his stock is so low, I don't see how Nicks would want to sign an extension right now. I'd wait 'til FA if I were he.

*him

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that is a crazy trade. I thought they had a pretty solid defense in Carolina, why break that up? Great move for the Giants as he will be a HUGE upgrade.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

He.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but "were" is an intransitive verb, and direct object pronouns are not used with intransitive verbs.

...This is exactly what you were expecting on a Jon Beason trade thread right?

Last edited by a moderator:

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a weird & surprising trade.

Nah it's pretty straight forward. He signed a huge contract 2 years ago and since then he's had nothing but injuries(torn achilles, microfracture, shoulder surgery). He's not the same player he was but is getting paid like it. In addition, the Panthers already have his better and cheaper replacement in Kuechly.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that is a crazy trade. I thought they had a pretty solid defense in Carolina, why break that up? Great move for the Giants as he will be a HUGE upgrade.

Huge? Sure if he's the same player that he was 2 years ago. He's had nothing but injuries since. Guy can't stay healthy. To me the Giants got a broken down player who makes alot of money.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nah it's pretty straight forward. He signed a huge contract 2 years ago and since then he's had nothing but injuries(torn achilles, microfracture, shoulder surgery). He's not the same player he was but is getting paid like it. In addition, the Panthers already have his better and cheaper replacement in Kuechly.

That's why it's weird. The Giants are taking a TON of salary on, and they're getting a guy who played 5 games over the last couple of years. Seems like a pretty huge risk, and I don't see much of a reward (especially with them 0-4).

Besides, the Giants' problems are on offense. Their OL & RB situation is a disaster.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why it's weird. The Giants are taking a TON of salary on, and they're getting a guy who played 5 games over the last couple of years. Seems like a pretty huge risk, and I don't see much of a reward (especially with them 0-4).

Besides, the Giants' problems are on offense. Their OL & RB situation is a disaster.

I think the Giants defense has been just as bad as their offense. Their ILB's are pretty terrible. But yeah the Giants are making the mistake of buying a name. One that hasn't been relevant in 2 seasons. At the very least the Giants aren't responsible for the guaranteed money and he only cost a million for this season but his contract goes thru 2015 I think so I wonder how it affects them going forward.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think the Giants defense has been just as bad as their offense. Their ILB's are pretty terrible. But yeah the Giants are making the mistake of buying a name. One that hasn't been relevant in 2 seasons. At the very least the Giants aren't responsible for the guaranteed money and he only cost a million for this season but his contract goes thru 2015 I think so I wonder how it affects them going forward.

I think the Giants' defensive problems are because of their offensive problems. They are constantly 3 & out because they have no running game / pass protection.

Their defense has been underachieving though. Especially Jason Pierre-Paul. I don't know if he's been playing hurt or something, but he's not the same as he was in the past. In fact, is he just a 1-year wonder?

Justin Tuck hasn't been the same since he made Subway commercials. In fact, it would be interesting to see if someone could show a correlation between commercials (Kaep) and bad play.

If they go 0-5, I wonder if they'd be willing to deal Prince Amukamura.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Justin Tuck hasn't been the same since he made Subway commercials. In fact, it would be interesting to see if someone could show a correlation between commercials (Kaep) and bad play.

Correlation does not equal causation.