• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

giroux suspended 1 game.

fanwagon

G for C
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I dont care about this summer yet. We are definately not out of it. The boys are gonna be rockin tonight. I can feel it. GO FLYERS!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im fanwagon, the guy who made the commments lol. :mod:

JVR brings physical play in the offensive zone and he's able to drive the net hard with defenders on him. He is also a big body to shove in front of the net...

...when he's not in a god awful slump. I dont have any argument that he has not been anywhere near as good this year as he was last. He's been a mere shadow of himself this season. He has been plagued by injuries for the entire year. I guess I'm willing to give him one more and see what he can do when he's healthy. He's still young and young guys can have years like this one. If he sucks it up next year, I'll be right up there with you on the "Trade JVR" soapbox.

That being said, if the perfect situation presented itself to get a big time #1 dman this summer, I wouldn't hesitate to trade JVR. This team has plenty of young talent and you trade what you have an excess of to get better as a team. It would have to be a definate #1 guy AND his contract would have to be one that doesn't screw us in the future when we need to resign G. G is going to be expensive.

Sorry about the name mixup i shouldve put fanwagon my fault
I read as far as JVR brings phisical play to the offensive zone before i laughed so hard i spilled my OJ. If your trying to say he was hurt all year then it's obvious he's been hurt since the day he was drafted. JVR has never ever brough a cycle or a solid for check to this team or even his college team. I have pointed that out many a time on this board and its only now that people are starting to agree here. since you are new i will spare you all the details on how bad of a number 2 pick JVR was and if we could get rid of him this summer whether we win the cup or not it will be a step in the right direction. With that said we take game 5 tonight and move onto NJ.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine trading Jvr for Luke Schenn and then signing Suter with the Carle/Jagr money. Kimmo/Suter/Coburn/Schenn/Grossmann/Meszaros/Guss. Sick, just sick.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine trading Jvr for Luke Schenn and then signing Suter with the Carle/Jagr money. Kimmo/Suter/Coburn/Schenn/Grossmann/Meszaros/Guss. Sick, just sick.

That would be a sick defensive squad but even with all my bad points about JVR i still think teams around the league think he's good and maybe we'd be able to get a better defenseman for him. I also heard someone say that maybe we trade Bob and move up in the draft for another top tier defenseman but i dont know if thats possible.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This could actually happen. It's not that far out of reach. Schenn is def a possibility. Suter may be a bigger challenge because he will hit the FA market. Plenty of teams will be bidding for him. I've heard the Sharks wanted him badly prior to the TD. I think it was SJ? Once we find out the long term status on Prongs, everything else will play out. I really want Luke Schenn here. A change in scenery would be great for him. He would get a chance to play with his brother, which is a nice thing. Always have been a fan of Luke's.

fanwagon

G for C
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about the name mixup i shouldve put fanwagon my fault
I read as far as JVR brings phisical play to the offensive zone before i laughed so hard i spilled my OJ. If your trying to say he was hurt all year then it's obvious he's been hurt since the day he was drafted. JVR has never ever brough a cycle or a solid for check to this team or even his college team. I have pointed that out many a time on this board and its only now that people are starting to agree here. since you are new i will spare you all the details on how bad of a number 2 pick JVR was and if we could get rid of him this summer whether we win the cup or not it will be a step in the right direction. With that said we take game 5 tonight and move onto NJ.

Haha sorry to make you spill your OJ. Maybe im getting JVR mixed up with Schenn. It happens sometimes. Particualry when a guy has spent most of the time absent. Sometimes memory doesnt serve :loco2:

If you had kept reading you'd have noticed that I mostly agree with you (though with a little less vitrol lol). I'd take a JVR trade in order to strengthen up the D corps as long as its not a terrible contract.

Ya lets take Game 5!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could actually happen. It's not that far out of reach. Schenn is def a possibility. Suter may be a bigger challenge because he will hit the FA market. Plenty of teams will be bidding for him. I've heard the Sharks wanted him badly prior to the TD. I think it was SJ? Once we find out the long term status on Prongs, everything else will play out. I really want Luke Schenn here. A change in scenery would be great for him. He would get a chance to play with his brother, which is a nice thing. Always have been a fan of Luke's.

I like schenn's tough phisyical defensive play we dont have a dman that plays with his grit maybe mezz if anyone. if he came here and had some points to add to his defensive ability that would make us strong on both ends.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha sorry to make you spill your OJ. Maybe im getting JVR mixed up with Schenn. It happens sometimes. Particualry when a guy has spent most of the time absent. Sometimes memory doesnt serve :loco2:

If you had kept reading you'd have noticed that I mostly agree with you (though with a little less vitrol lol). I'd take a JVR trade in order to strengthen up the D corps as long as its not a terrible contract.

Ya lets take Game 5!

I love Braydon schenn he plays a physicla game and has a really nice scoring touch. if he puts on a few pounds in the weight room which i suspect he will he will be solid for years to come.

fanwagon

G for C
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Braydon schenn he plays a physicla game and has a really nice scoring touch. if he puts on a few pounds in the weight room which i suspect he will he will be solid for years to come.

Agreed. Schenn is the fucking man. Im thinking he's one of the guys to step up in a big way tonight