• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

giroux suspended 1 game.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I say they put the Briere/JVR/Vorachek line back together. I dont know why they were broken up

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really liked the play of Sestito before he got hurt,

Have no idea what kinda game shape he would be in but...

fanwagon

G for C
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinaldo should be in for Jagr when Gee gets back.

Ya Jagr definately gets the nonfactor award this series (and thats saying something). The 40 yr old Jagr needs to be on a line with someone who's hot to make any difference whatsoever.

Funny how everyone wants rinaldo back now when 2 weeks ago everyone was saying he needed to go and bring back JVR. Not you fanwagon you werent here yet.

From what I've read, i know you dont like JVR (putting it mildly). I think he easily brings more to the table than rinaldo most of the time. That being said, theres room for both now with this BS suspension...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is his brother on the Devils.

Ok. That would make sense - I haven't heard anything about Tom S in the injury reports (except it's a groin).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I say they put the Briere/JVR/Vorachek line back together. I dont know why they were broken up

i like that line too.. id be good w/ seeing that line some more

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. That would make sense - I haven't heard anything about Tom S in the injury reports (except it's a groin).

i feel like he's gotta be close to being ready.. he was close to being ready a few weeks ago..

haven't heard anything on him lately though..

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how everyone wants rinaldo back now when 2 weeks ago everyone was saying he needed to go and bring back JVR. Not you fanwagon you werent here yet.

Yup and it was the right thing to do back during the Pitt series. It's a different series now and I think we all want to see Rinaldomcome in to see if he can add a spark to the team. At this point, nothing to lose.

fanwagon

G for C
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup and it was the right thing to do back during the Pitt series. It's a different series now and I think we all want to see Rinaldomcome in to see if he can add a spark to the team. At this point, nothing to lose.

Except the series! (lol just kidding). I think this is pretty easy. Rinaldo for G in game 5. Hopefully he kicks up the series' intensity level. In the Pittsburgh series, once the intensity started building, it just went nuclear the rest of the way.

If/when they get to game 6, G comes back in for Rinaldo on a mission.

BOOM double spark!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's got to be a little smarter this time around, though - you know he still has that target on his back with the refs. He's going to have to log more minutes than usual, too, I'd guess.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have to say is typical. When our guys get hit the excuses fly like I was bracing myself with my elbow on his face or he leaned into my blindside hit.....but G nicks a guys chin that was leaning forward and he gets a game no questions asked. Joke.....

And by the way I don't hate Rinaldo but it was clearly evident that the refs would call him for simply skating by them too fast so Lavy had no choice but to sit him. I actually love his spunk and its too bad that they don't let him play when other teams can suit up guys like that with no issues. At this point fuck'em I'd have Rinaldo go out there and do whatever he wants and dress Shelley too...may as well go out fighting and send a big fuck you to Bettman.

Oh I forgot to mention the fact that didn't shanny one time play for the devs....hhhhmmmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just rewatched the Giroux hit for the bazillianth time...

now, taking just that hit and how it unfolded into consideration, yes, that COULD be a suspendable hit. If that hit and Giroux's suspension happened with none of the other crap that is going on the playoffs this year, no one would be overly upset. Yeah, it sucks, but not overly....add in the daily Ovie headshot, Weber, and the cheap crap the Malkin and Crosby got away with both in the form of on ice penalties and suspensions...and now there is a problem. Giroux was clearly judged with a different standard. The his was on the boarder, and I could see it as earning a suspension (playoffs or not). But the fact that it is not as bad as or worse than other things that have been happening with no ramifications is a joke.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck dis league

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just rewatched the Giroux hit for the bazillianth time...

now, taking just that hit and how it unfolded into consideration, yes, that COULD be a suspendable hit. If that hit and Giroux's suspension happened with none of the other crap that is going on the playoffs this year, no one would be overly upset. Yeah, it sucks, but not overly....add in the daily Ovie headshot, Weber, and the cheap crap the Malkin and Crosby got away with both in the form of on ice penalties and suspensions...and now there is a problem. Giroux was clearly judged with a different standard. The his was on the boarder, and I could see it as earning a suspension (playoffs or not). But the fact that it is not as bad as or worse than other things that have been happening with no ramifications is a joke.

This is basically what I said! It's a joke, it doesn't matter because we can't do a fucking thing about it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is basically what I said! It's a joke, it doesn't matter because we can't do a fucking thing about it.

Exactly but we can hope that the team uses this as a rallying point and finds a way to win Tue night....then who knows? G would come back as a man possessed which is exactly what has been missing. Either way they lost last night for a reason they need to learn to do the things that it takes to win a cup....pretty simple really outwork your opponent and when you have more skill you'll usually win.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Jagr definately gets the nonfactor award this series (and thats saying something). The 40 yr old Jagr needs to be on a line with someone who's hot to make any difference whatsoever.

From what I've read, i know you dont like JVR (putting it mildly). I think he easily brings more to the table than rinaldo most of the time. That being said, theres room for both now with this BS suspension...

Wbon I'm not comparing hockey skills of JVR and Rinaldo as we all know that would be silly. I'm saying the JVR was a number 2 pick who does absolutley nothing for this team either offensively or defensively and he ruined our team chemistry we had going on since he has returned. With rinaldo in the lineup we dont have to jumble our lines we know he's going to forecheck and do corner work and fight someone who we dont like. It's just a better fit.

By the way could you explain what you think JVR does bring to the table, b/c if you think we should keep this guy as opposed to getting rid of him for a defenseman this summer id love to know your reasoning for that.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wbon I'm not comparing hockey skills of JVR and Rinaldo as we all know that would be silly. I'm saying the JVR was a number 2 pick who does absolutley nothing for this team either offensively or defensively and he ruined our team chemistry we had going on since he has returned. With rinaldo in the lineup we dont have to jumble our lines we know he's going to forecheck and do corner work and fight someone who we dont like. It's just a better fit.

By the way could you explain what you think JVR does bring to the table, b/c if you think we should keep this guy as opposed to getting rid of him for a defenseman this summer id love to know your reasoning for that.

Jvr, Carle and Jagr off the books = Suter. Kimmo/Suter/Coburn/Grossmann/Meszaros/Guss/MAB/Manning = really good!

fanwagon

G for C
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im fanwagon, the guy who made the commments lol. :mod:

JVR brings physical play in the offensive zone and he's able to drive the net hard with defenders on him. He is also a big body to shove in front of the net...

...when he's not in a god awful slump. I dont have any argument that he has not been anywhere near as good this year as he was last. He's been a mere shadow of himself this season. He has been plagued by injuries for the entire year. I guess I'm willing to give him one more and see what he can do when he's healthy. He's still young and young guys can have years like this one. If he sucks it up next year, I'll be right up there with you on the "Trade JVR" soapbox.

That being said, if the perfect situation presented itself to get a big time #1 dman this summer, I wouldn't hesitate to trade JVR. This team has plenty of young talent and you trade what you have an excess of to get better as a team. It would have to be a definate #1 guy AND his contract would have to be one that doesn't screw us in the future when we need to resign G. G is going to be expensive.