• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giovani Bernard

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals are in a position where they have two very nice RBs. It seems like they'll go with the younger kid, Hill. Which means Bernard could be up to a trade.

I think he'd be a good addition for us in a deal that has us sending one of our RBs (not Mason) to Cinncy along with a later draft pick. Bernard could start right away and with Mason as his backup, our running game will be increased a lot.

Like I've said before, our stable of running backs are cool, but could definitely be improved. If we can't draft Gurley or Gordon (we may be able to get one of them in round two, but I think they'll both be stars in the NFL) then we'd be wasting a pick. Bernard on the other hand is already NFL proven and could benefit with a change of scenery.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see RB as a position of need but if the price is right. :suds:

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - its not a true need. But I think he can change our offense for the better (because I don't think we have a very good rushing attack), as he is established. I wouldn't give up the bank for him. But I'd move Cunningham/Stacy and a pick for him pretty much any day of the week lol.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - its not a true need. But I think he can change our offense for the better (because I don't think we have a very good rushing attack), as he is established. I wouldn't give up the bank for him. But I'd move Cunningham/Stacy and a pick for him pretty much any day of the week lol.

I like Cunningham. They can have Pead/Stacy. :lol:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Mason and Cunningham and this year's draft seems to have some good runners in it as well.

RB need is behind QB, C, G, CB, OT, LB, WR for sure and maybe a couple of other positions (kicker?)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they give you Gio for another RB? Unless you're offering your first, it makes no sense. He was a second rounder. They're not trading him away for a lesser RB and a mid round pick.

They'll keep him. The league is a RBBC league now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If u guys trade for anyone I bet it's Cutler. Hometown guy who the Stach wanted way back when Bud insisted on VY.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If u guys trade for anyone I bet it's Cutler. Hometown guy who the Stach wanted way back when Bud insisted on VY.

meh we have a pick machine in Davis and the front office likes to sit on their hands. I doubt we make a big splash or do any trading at all. We already sent a 4th and a 6th??? for a Safety.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has a contract I believe, and I assume he's unhappy when he can come start.

I don't love Cunningham, I think Mason is worth keeping. I don't think either are premier backs, and that Bernard is better than any RB on our roster.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has a contract I believe, and I assume he's unhappy when he can come start.

I don't love Cunningham, I think Mason is worth keeping. I don't think either are premier backs, and that Bernard is better than any RB on our roster.

I don't think Bernard is any better than what we do have now! Everybody "thought" that we found our running back last year when Stacey played well, well I'm not sure why he is in Fishers doghouse, but for some reason he appears to be? Mason has played well, most of his yards have been on cutbacks, why? Because our oline isn't very good and doesn't open holes for our running backs, that will not miraculously change with a different RB in there. Im fine with Mason, a better line and Mason is even better, Cunningham has also done a pretty nice job when he is in there.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutler is the last guy we need at QB, he is very inconsistent and he has two #1 WR, an Allpro RB, and a good TE and he still can't get the job done. The Rams have NONE of those weapons, if Cutler cant cut it with them, he sure as hell isn't with this team!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is the last guy we need at QB, he is very inconsistent and he has two #1 WR, an Allpro RB, and a good TE and he still can't get the job done. The Rams have NONE of those weapons, if Cutler cant cut it with them, he sure as hell isn't with this team!
The thing about Cutler is that he has never had an offensive line. If he was on this years Rams team, it would've been the best offensive line he has seen as a veteran. The Bears had one of the oldest teams in football and their defense fell apart. If you look at all of the old teams from last year coming into this year, the 7 or 8 oldest ones all fell apart except for the Cardinals.

Id be fine with the Rams going after Cutler, though the Rams do need to fix their Center position. Without fixing that, it wont matter who is at QB. Maybe Barrett Jones can finally play?

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bernard is any better than what we do have now! Everybody "thought" that we found our running back last year when Stacey played well, well I'm not sure why he is in Fishers doghouse, but for some reason he appears to be? Mason has played well, most of his yards have been on cutbacks, why? Because our oline isn't very good and doesn't open holes for our running backs, that will not miraculously change with a different RB in there. Im fine with Mason, a better line and Mason is even better, Cunningham has also done a pretty nice job when he is in there.

I'm not sure why Stacey didn't play a lot either, but he seems done to Fisher. Maybe a new OC will change things. But I think Bernard is better runner than Cunningham. I don't think Cunningham is a long term player in the NFL. I think Bernard is worth exploring. If he cost to much it won't happen. But our entire offense blows, and drafting rookies can only get us so far each season....

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Cutler is that he has never had an offensive line. If he was on this years Rams team, it would've been the best offensive line he has seen as a veteran. The Bears had one of the oldest teams in football and their defense fell apart. If you look at all of the old teams from last year coming into this year, the 7 or 8 oldest ones all fell apart except for the Cardinals.

Id be fine with the Rams going after Cutler, though the Rams do need to fix their Center position. Without fixing that, it wont matter who is at QB. Maybe Barrett Jones can finally play?

Sorry, but Cutler isn't going to improve behind this oline!. Even "if" our oline is better than Chicagos,its not that much better. Plus with Forte, teams can't just sit on Cutler, so Cutler should have done better with teams having to worry about Forte, we don't have that, plus the fact that Chicago has TWO #1 WR

Oh and by the way a certain Kyle Long made Probowl for second straight year, didn't allowed 0 sacks this year, and Forte ran for over 1800 yards behind that bad oline!

No thank you Jay Cutler!

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and by the way a certain Kyle Long made Probowl for second straight year, didn't allowed 0 sacks this year, and Forte ran for over 1800 yards behind that bad oline!
Its Kyle Long and 4 scrubs.

I wont argue for Cutler too hard. He is basically the exact opposite as Bradford but neither QB has everything youd want. I do think Cutler would be an upgrade over seeing Bradford's backups the past 2 seasons

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler is a good QB in the league, but he doesn't fix our problems. That and the fact he'll be hard to trade for. I hope he succeeds in the league, just don't think it'll be or should be St. Louis.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Kyle Long and 4 scrubs.

I wont argue for Cutler too hard. He is basically the exact opposite as Bradford but neither QB has everything youd want. I do think Cutler would be an upgrade over seeing Bradford's backups the past 2 seasons

Well as far as 4 scrubs, I would maybe take them, because I'm pretty sure they helped Forte get over 1800 yards, they didn't run behind Long all the time!

You are correct though, I would still rather have Cutler than Bradford even, at least Cutler has proven himself in this league, even if he is inconsistent!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as far as 4 scrubs, I would maybe take them, because I'm pretty sure they helped Forte get over 1800 yards, they didn't run behind Long all the time!

You are correct though, I would still rather have Cutler than Bradford even, at least Cutler has proven himself in this league, even if he is inconsistent!
I actually take back my statement about the Bears oline. It does appear thats its gotten to the point of at least average which is where the Rams oline currently is, too.

Football Outsiders has the Bears offense as the 13th best with the 28th best defense and a bad special teams unit. Rams are currently 23rd best offense with a good defense and a decent special teams unit. Cutler is around average starter level which put him at 10% high efficiency than the QBs the Rams have been using. Its not hard to imagine Bradford being better than Cutler if Bradford was healthy but at some point you have to give up on that.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually take back my statement about the Bears oline. It does appear thats its gotten to the point of at least average which is where the Rams oline currently is, too.

Football Outsiders has the Bears offense as the 13th best with the 28th best defense and a bad special teams unit. Rams are currently 23rd best offense with a good defense and a decent special teams unit. Cutler is around average starter level which put him at 10% high efficiency than the QBs the Rams have been using. Its not hard to imagine Bradford being better than Cutler if Bradford was healthy but at some point you have to give up on that.

:suds::agree::suds: thank you!