• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ginn, Williams, and Jenkins

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When Ginn comes back into the lineup, who will be the active WR's?

An initial thought would be Williams and Jenkins would be inactive. However, this team is carrying more offensive players for a reason, and could definitely use a slot receiver in place of pushing Crabtree inside on third down. Jenkins also provides versatility to create mis-matches by motioning Crabtree/Jenkins in and out of the slot in a three WR formation.

Ginn is arguably the better punt returner, and Williams is the better receiver. So if Ginn gets activated as an upgrade to the punt return game, would we activate Jenkins over Williams?

Or has Williams done enough to secure the punt return/slot receiver job this year and keep Ginn on the bench?

Something to keep an eye on this week.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't predict this, but damn it sure is nice to have this problem of trying to figure out who to activate... this team has some great depth.

I don't think Kyle has done enough to win the return job, so far his returns have left me unimpressed... he doesn't have that explosive speed like Ginn.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Ginn comes back into the lineup, who will be the active WR's?

An initial thought would be Williams and Jenkins would be inactive. However, this team is carrying more offensive players for a reason, and could definitely use a slot receiver in place of pushing Crabtree inside on third down. Jenkins also provides versatility to create mis-matches by motioning Crabtree/Jenkins in and out of the slot in a three WR formation.

Ginn is arguably the better punt returner, and Williams is the better receiver. So if Ginn gets activated as an upgrade to the punt return game, would we activate Jenkins over Williams?

Or has Williams done enough to secure the punt return/slot receiver job this year and keep Ginn on the bench?

When Ginn comes back Jenkins and another player will be inactive. Probably one of the safety's but it could be Tukafu

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't predict this, but damn it sure is nice to have this problem of trying to figure out who to activate... this team has some great depth.

I don't think Kyle has done enough to win the return job, so far his returns have left me unimpressed... he doesn't have that explosive speed like Ginn.

This!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Ginn comes back Jenkins and another player will be inactive. Probably one of the safety's but it could be Tukafu

I'm sure Tukafu was in more than two snaps, but both times I heard the announcers mention him before the snap, he moved before the snap or it was a no gainer. Announcers, stop announcing Tukafu.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[

Something to keep an eye on this week.[/QUOTE]

Where they really need Ginn is in the kickoff return game. Kendall Hunter is inept.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where they really need Ginn is in the kickoff return game. Kendall Hunter is inept.

THAT - Right there!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins aint a mismatch. The guy can't crack the starting WR corp. Jenkins is easily the inactive one in this scenario.

Bring on Ginn(if healthy) and keep KW at the WR spot.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once Ginn and Jacobs are healthy i see Jenkins and dixon being inactive.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ginn's an okay KR. You'd think he'd be better in that role with his pure speed than he is with returning punts. We can find someone for KR duties easily, but PR is a lot harder. Just ask LMJ.

Last year I argued strongly in favor of keeping Ginn over Williams because I don't ever like having young shaky returners in that game changing role.

But Williams is developing and I feel a lot more comfortable with him right now than last year. You can see he's worked real hard over the offseason to improve as a PR. He looks a lot more solid with ball security and is starting to close the gap on Ginn. I'd expect he'll show his explosiveness once he gets more comfortable.

But right now Ginn is still better. And we have a spot to add an active WR. So the best players would be Ginn at PR, and presumably Jenkins at WR.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ginn's an okay KR. You'd think he'd be better in that role with his pure speed than he is with returning punts. We can find someone for KR duties easily, but PR is a lot harder. Just ask LMJ.

Last year I argued strongly in favor of keeping Ginn over Williams because I don't ever like having young shaky returners in that game changing role.

But Williams is developing and I feel a lot more comfortable with him right now than last year. You can see he's worked real hard over the offseason to improve as a PR. He looks a lot more solid with ball security and is starting to close the gap on Ginn. I'd expect he'll show his explosiveness once he gets more comfortable.

But right now Ginn is still better. And we have a spot to add an active WR. So the best players would be Ginn at PR, and presumably Jenkins at WR.

Huh? Ginn led the league last year in KR average and was one of only 9 KR's to return a KO for a TD and he is just okay? Which KR's are better than Ginn in your mind?