• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

giants post game as the urine flows

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine quote a firm source and I will buy it.

I want names not a writers speculation or I heard from this un named source say blah blah blah

If there isn’t a name put to it then it means nothing to me and carries no weight
I’ve just heard galdi say it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve just heard galdi say it.
If he doesn’t have a name it means nothing . Un named sources are bogus as a general rule . Hell it could be a janitor saying it

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn’t have a name it means nothing . Un named sources are bogus as a general rule . Hell it could be a janitor saying it
Agreed. I’m not sure where he heard it. RR pretty much mentioned it again in his last presser.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not know the specifics of what has happened between RR and DH, but clearly something did happen. RR has made his mind up on DH for the foreseeable future. Otherwise there is no reason why Alex Smith would be starting next week. I don't buy the place holder thing. That means that Rivera doesn't get his QB until year 3 of his tenure as head coach. In today's environment in the NFL, that is a death sentence for a HC, where the only real mantra is to win now. The days of the 3-5 year rebuild are mostly long gone.

RR will have a new QB in here next year. I don't see any of the 3 currently on the roster as the starting QB for the WTFs next year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why other options? This team needs talent around any QB yet, we do not have it, yet. Need a legit WR #2, legit TE #1 and maybe another TE (ala Eagles), another slot WR to push Simms and better OL play. Why continue with CDC or any other Ryan Fitzpatrick type QB until those pieces are fully assembled?

What makes a legit number two? I assume you are referring to about side number two because the slot on a lot of teams is actually their two. From there, Cam Simms was just got his first hundred yard game because we had competent QB play, minus the interceptions.

Then you mention another slot to pressure Simms. Isaiah Wright is that competition.

As for TE, what does a legit TE1 get you? I am just trying to find your definition.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may not know the specifics of what has happened between RR and DH, but clearly something did happen. RR has made his mind up on DH for the foreseeable future. Otherwise there is no reason why Alex Smith would be starting next week. I don't buy the place holder thing. That means that Rivera doesn't get his QB until year 3 of his tenure as head coach. In today's environment in the NFL, that is a death sentence for a HC, where the only real mantra is to win now. The days of the 3-5 year rebuild are mostly long gone.

RR will have a new QB in here next year. I don't see any of the 3 currently on the roster as the starting QB for the WTFs next year.
it could be as simple as DH isnt his guy

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes a legit number two? I assume you are referring to about side number two because the slot on a lot of teams is actually their two. From there, Cam Simms was just got his first hundred yard game because we had competent QB play, minus the interceptions.

Then you mention another slot to pressure Simms. Isaiah Wright is that competition.

As for TE, what does a legit TE1 get you? I am just trying to find your definition.
You can define by any means necessary to frame a TE1 in your mind GK, we currently do not have one in Logan Thomas who while trying to become a #1 will likely never reach that plateau. Think Ertz here and you have my definition of TE1. While I like Simms in our slot who is legit, he seems a little fragile and having a back up who can step in and fill his void should be expected. Wright isn't ready and likely not a slot guy, we shall see if he can develop into a solid slot backup on this team. As for Cam Simms, awesome for him picking up his first 100 yard game for his career. How long has he been trying to make this team, 3 years or so? I'm not sold on Cam Simms like you are I guess. Having a bunch of guys means nothing, having some guys with real NFL talent around whatever QB we run out there means everything.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can define by any means necessary to frame a TE1 in your mind GK, we currently do not have one in Logan Thomas who while trying to become a #1 will likely never reach that plateau. Think Ertz here and you have my definition of TE1. While I like Simms in our slot who is legit, he seems a little fragile and having a back up who can step in and fill his void should be expected. Wright isn't ready and likely not a slot guy, we shall see if he can develop into a solid slot backup on this team. As for Cam Simms, awesome for him picking up his first 100 yard game for his career. How long has he been trying to make this team, 3 years or so? I'm not sold on Cam Simms like you are I guess. Having a bunch of guys means nothing, having some guys with real NFL talent around whatever QB we run out there means everything.

So the number one pass catcher in the NFL, top three at worst. So only one to three teams have a TE1.

Isn’t Wright a slot?

I am not sold on Cam Simms, AGG, or Kelvin Harmon; however, I believe one of them, or more, does fit the bill.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the number one pass catcher in the NFL, top three at worst. So only one to three teams have a TE1.

Isn’t Wright a slot?

I am not sold on Cam Simms, AGG, or Kelvin Harmon; however, I believe one of them, or more, does fit the bill.
Really just looking for a "more than serviceable" TE1 and by the looks of last week, TE1 is no where on the roster. As for Wright, he won't play slot on this team with Simms here. While I was high on Harmon, the injury may have removed him from my WR2 of the future. Let's see how he recovers from the injury. As for the rest, like you I'm not sold at all. Bottom line, we need so much more talent. I am sold on Gibson & Tmac.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really just looking for a "more than serviceable" TE1 and by the looks of last week, TE1 is no where on the roster. As for Wright, he won't play slot on this team with Simms here. While I was high on Harmon, the injury may have removed him from my WR2 of the future. Let's see how he recovers from the injury. As for the rest, like you I'm not sold at all. Bottom line, we need so much more talent. I am sold on Gibson & Tmac.

But you said you wanted somebody to push and backup Sims...you didn’t say you wanted a replacement.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you said you wanted somebody to push and backup Sims...you didn’t say you wanted a replacement.
Yep, imo Wright is not the answer to push Simms at that position as his back up. I believe Wright to be a WR3 or WR4 moving forward.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that the decision on DH was made long before they took a snap in training camp. We cannot discount the fact that RR was also the new guy on the block and subject to deep opposition had he come in and not started the hometown Haskins. The trading for Allen although understandable was also curious considering his track record in Carolina.

How easy is it to instigate "laziness" in this instance? The answer is, unfortunately, very easy! When all evidence to the contrary screams otherwise, there are plenty of folks eagerly willing to accept this and as they will tell you...move-on! Most if not all, have heard or read reports of RR's glowing impressions of Haskins work to body, field, and film study during the off-season. We all witnessed the bounce back after that horrific game against Cleveland in which he probably had his best game as a professional and was summarily benched for the previous outing. Now if his benching wasn't predicated after the Cleveland game because of poor work/study habits, then why on earth was his best outing and assumed ability to have put in the work given as cause?

So let's sum up a bit:

First Haskins is impressive in putting in necessary work.

Then he isn't and needs to be benched

and now this:

Report: Dwayne Haskins puts in extra film study, workouts following benching in Washington

For a former first-round pick given a starting job in his first season, the public benching that Dwayne Haskins was subjected to following his Week 4 performance against the Cleveland Browns was likely one of the low-points of his career.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that the decision on DH was made long before they took a snap in training camp. We cannot discount the fact that RR was also the new guy on the block and subject to deep opposition had he come in and not started the hometown Haskins. The trading for Allen although understandable was also curious considering his track record in Carolina.

How easy is it to instigate "laziness" in this instance? The answer is, unfortunately, very easy! When all evidence to the contrary screams otherwise, there are plenty of folks eagerly willing to accept this and as they will tell you...move-on! Most if not all, have heard or read reports of RR's glowing impressions of Haskins work to body, field, and film study during the off-season. We all witnessed the bounce back after that horrific game against Cleveland in which he probably had his best game as a professional and was summarily benched for the previous outing. Now if his benching wasn't predicated after the Cleveland game because of poor work/study habits, then why on earth was his best outing and assumed ability to have put in the work given as cause?

So let's sum up a bit:

First Haskins is impressive in putting in necessary work.

Then he isn't and needs to be benched

and now this:

Report: Dwayne Haskins puts in extra film study, workouts following benching in Washington

For a former first-round pick given a starting job in his first season, the public benching that Dwayne Haskins was subjected to following his Week 4 performance against the Cleveland Browns was likely one of the low-points of his career.
That’s the point seems like the only time he’s willing to put the work in is when he has too. Hopefully he learns from this.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which will set everything back 1-2 years minimum.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s the point seems like the only time he’s willing to put the work in is when he has too. Hopefully he learns from this.
Just to be clear, "the only time he’s willing to put the work" because he "has to" is in the entire off-season, during training camp, the first three games of the season, after his worst game of the year and now that he's benched, correct? :scratch:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to be clear, "the only time he’s willing to put the work" because he "has to" is in the entire off-season, during training camp, the first three games of the season, after his worst game of the year and now that he's benched, correct? :scratch:
It has been said after he got the starting job he slacked off

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been said after he got the starting job he slacked off
It's been said that the earth was completely flat!

I've given actual reports about his work habits from before this team drafted him. I get it, people want to believe what they want to believe, but the truth is, there's plenty of evidence that supports his work habit as showing willingness, ability, and determination, to work constantly and consistently at his craft versus anything that "been said" and some choose to "believe."

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, TM backed up the rumors with his comments.

When TM says DH has to be honest with himself and ask what he can do better...it brings up questions.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been said that the earth was completely flat!

I've given actual reports about his work habits from before this team drafted him. I get it, people want to believe what they want to believe, but the truth is, there's plenty of evidence that supports his work habit as showing willingness, ability, and determination, to work constantly and consistently at his craft versus anything that "been said" and some choose to "believe."
Bottom line, he’ll get another chance. No way in hell do I believe it was Ron’s intention all along to bench DH. I do believe he traded for Allen in case he needed to. That’s just smart planning. I’m hearing the reports about DH working hard again away from the stadium. I just hope he’s doing the same at the stadium. RR is humbling him and making sure he understands nothing in life is free

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, TM backed up the rumors with his comments.

When TM says DH has to be honest with himself and ask what he can do better...it brings up questions.
Who is TM? I’m not thinking too straight atm