• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants not convinced Belt is ready for big leagues

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{{ Again, I'm not sure how you all handle threads here - more or less is better? Is this article noteworthy enough for it's own thread, or would you normally toss something like this in the "Spring Training" thread??? }}

Baggerly just posted a story about Belt a couple of hours ago :

It starts off :

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Giants officials chewed over every aspect of their roster Monday night. They’ll continue to digest the Brandon Belt decision.

But there is skepticism about Belt’s readiness succeed at the big league level.

Even with extra roster spots afforded by Freddy Sanchez and Ryan Vogelsong starting on the disabled list, sources tell me it remains very possible – likely, even – that Belt will begin the year at Triple-A Fresno.

There's lots more at the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marco, we are pretty lax here. And when I say "we", "you" are included in that.

You are part of the board, so you post as you like. You don't have to apologize for your style at every step. We should be THANKING you for your contributions.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are part of the board, so you post as you like. You don't have to apologize for your style at every step. We should be THANKING you for your contributions.

This ^.

No worries here Marco. Like another poster alluded to (I believe it was gp or cal), think of this place as a forum to post and bullshit about the Giants with friends in your living room, at the game or at a bar. No need to apologize or feel like you're stepping on anybody's toes. All of us here have been through a bunch of bullshit on the old Disney boards and countless others. We try to eliminate all the white noise BS here that we've experienced on other boards.

It doesn't matter if someone is a brand new fan or someone has been a fan since the move from NY, a SABER guy or an old school guy, etc. Here, there are only two categories, "good guy" and "douchebag".

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word. You're home, Marco. Post at will. As far as Belt, I agree with everyone that thinks he needs ABs. Since he won't get as many in SF as Fresno, that is where he should be. If the injuries were to Huff and Pill and not Franchez and Vogey, I'd be a little more perplexed. As far as him not being ready for the bigs, that is all relative. I don't think anyone believes that he is ready to start for a division winning team, which we hope this Giants roster will be, but he can certainly hold his own and will when he gets called up again.

EDIT: I think this "news" is mostly to ease fan expectations. From quotes earlier in Spring Training, it seemed Belt was ready for this reality, and it does make sense.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. You're quite the welcome addition. Post as yous see fit.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^.

No worries here Marco. Like another poster alluded to (I believe it was gp or cal), think of this place as a forum to post and bullshit about the Giants with friends in your living room, at the game or at a bar. No need to apologize or feel like you're stepping on anybody's toes. All of us here have been through a bunch of bullshit on the old Disney boards and countless others. We try to eliminate all the white noise BS here that we've experienced on other boards.

It doesn't matter if someone is a brand new fan or someone has been a fan since the move from NY, a SABER guy or an old school guy, etc. Here, there are only two categories, "good guy" and "douchebag".

This. And the 'bag parade is led by senor Fuddy the Bannedmeister. We sort him out quickly.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This ^.

So being naked is mandatory?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marco. Just :stfu: and keep stories to yourself

I fucking drafted him last night :burt:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No but being drunk and/or stoned is.

I consider you guys friends and all, but I don't want any 'benefits'.

:bj: :nono:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reminds me of my favorite Family Guy quote:

Brian: Peter, it's 7 o'clock and you still have your pants on! Whats the occasion?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A kitten will die every time Aubrey Stuffed hits dribbling Huffers this season.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of my favorite Family Guy quote:

Brian: Peter, it's 7 o'clock and you still have your pants on! Whats the occasion?

Awesome, and repped.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hard to argue with Muelens. Belt has a pretty complicated swing, and he does seem to miss a lot of fastballs. That said, he looks a hell of a lot better than Nate does right now.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is, unless, you know, their is something about you're post that we could care less about. Or Cam gets to it first.

And don't worry about being labeled a :dunce:

We take turns here.

Other than that, yeah, feel at home here. We enjoy the banter, and the POV you bring.

:fencing:

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A kitten will die every time Aubrey Stuffed hits dribbling Huffers this season.

A lazy bouncer to 2B is a Huffer?

I like it and gonna steal it

Oh yeah and Marco, thanks for being considerate but you're cool, man

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only spring training but it is at least ironic that they think Belt isn't ready for the big leagues... And he's out-hitting everyone except Melky and Hector (who also might not make the squad) hmmm...