• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants not convinced Belt is ready for big leagues

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only spring training but it is at least ironic that they think Belt isn't ready for the big leagues... And he's out-hitting everyone except Melky and Hector (who also might not make the squad) hmmm...

Todd Linden
John Bowker
Tony Torcato

Etc

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spring stats are completely useless in terms of MLB performance (ask Edguardo Alfonzo).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only spring training but it is at least ironic that they think Belt isn't ready for the big leagues... And he's out-hitting everyone except Melky and Hector (who also might not make the squad) hmmm...

And just like Chez3, Belt isn't ready. Brandon will work on fixing the hole in his swing, and Hector will work on his defense.

Fresno is going to be LOADED in April and May this year.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like Chez3, Belt isn't ready. Brandon will work on fixing the hole in his swing, and Hector will work on his defense.

Indeed. I love how even when you qualify something with "it is at least ironic that..." you still get the "it's only spring training" and a list of past disasters. :ohwell:

Does no one see the irony? :help:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather him be on the team than Huff. I think they should trade Huff and get younger and play Belt, not for his hitting, but because he is much better at defense at first.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great - line up a trade partner for Huff and then call Sabes.

But until Huff is traded ...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. I love how even when you qualify something with "it is at least ironic that..." you still get the "it's only spring training" and a list of past disasters. :ohwell:

Not really. And we don't see what's ironic about your original post.

Now, you being peeved that we didn't see your irony, when you weren't in fact being ironic? THAT'S ironic.

At least I think so. Always confuses me.

:think:

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Now, you being peeved that we didn't see your irony, when you weren't in fact being ironic? THAT'S ironic.

Rep for hilarity. That post is like rain on a wedding day. It's a free ride when you've already paid. It's the good advice that you just didn't take.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I intend on taking full advantage of living in the lovely City of Fresno.....bow down to my anchorage.

:heh:

Seriously though, I am going to go to as many games as I can.

I see the irony and I like the irony. :)

I would rather him be on the team than Huff. I think they should trade Huff and get younger and play Belt, not for his hitting, but because he is much better at defense at first.

Like Marco said, there aren't going to be too many suitors for Huff. I like your idea, but it's not one that is realistic at this time. Huff is owed $11M (if memory serves me correctly) and is coming off a .246 - .306 - .370 season.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

There's definitely information in spring performances.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You should check out Baggs latest article. Chez to Fresno may not be a done deal.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dave Flemming ‏ @FlemmingDave

Regarding Belt, tweets by Dave:

I want to make a point about B. Belt, as frenzy is starting all over again. Belt still young, definitely still improving, as he should be

And it may be the case that it is in his best long term interests to put some more time in away from big league pressure, to refine skills

However, it is a false choice to say simply 'Belt has holes in swing'. The question ahead of opening day should be, IMO

'Does Brandon Belt, flaws and all, give the Giants best chance to win games, as compared to other roster choices?' Pretty simple IMO

On Belt, my tweets really in response to some "expert" analysis I am hearing, which really misses mark on what Giants are weighing

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rep for hilarity. That post is like rain on a wedding day. It's a free ride when you've already paid. It's the good advice that you just didn't take.

Repped for the never-gets-old Alannis takedown.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dave Flemming ‏ @FlemmingDave

Regarding Belt tweets by Dave:

I want to make a point about B. Belt, as frenzy is starting all over again. Belt still young, definitely still improving, as he should be

And it may be the case that it is in his best long term interests to put some more time in away from big league pressure, to refine skills

However, it is a false choice to say simply 'Belt has holes in swing'. The question ahead of opening day should be, IMO

'Does Brandon Belt, flaws and all, give the Giants best chance to win games, as compared to other roster choices?' Pretty simple IMO

On Belt, my tweets really in response to some "expert" analysis I am hearing, which really misses mark on what Giants are weighing

This is, of course, what they're weighing with Chez3, as well. It may be that we would like to postulate other motives that come into play, such as service time issues, but the Giants don't seem to be a club that delay prospects because of arb clock considerations.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the definition of irony is the disparity between what is expected and what actually occurs, then....no. Not ironic at all.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And exactly which team is going to assume Huff's contract?

He...has...no...trade...value.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BAM! Post...of...the...DAY!

Repped.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should check out Baggs latest article. Chez to Fresno may not be a done deal.

I saw that; interesting. They may be thinking that he's improved his D enough that he'd be an overall asset. Whitey's got an option left; I do not believe Stewy does.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the first mild shock of ST:

Fonty waived. I'm thinking this means Arias makes the squad.

Should be an interesting weekend.