• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giants General Thoughts

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it mentioned here, but Tim Lincecum's wife, Cristin Coleman, died of breast cancer June 27. Just announced now?

It has been “known” for a couple weeks now. It is supposedly the primary reason Timmeh wasn’t at the reunion. The team did a tribute to her at the reunion.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been “known” for a couple weeks now. It is supposedly the primary reason Timmeh wasn’t at the reunion. The team did a tribute to her at the reunion.
Also, I'm not sure they were ever married. Could be wrong tho.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosters expand to 28 in September and it feels like Randy Rodriguez will be one of the call ups

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rosters expand to 28 in September and it feels like Randy Rodriguez will be one of the call ups
with the rosters only expanding by 2, I don’t see the logic in giving weird cuppos anymore. If they want to give him a cuppo this year, I don’t think the roster expansion will be the opportunity. They will just call him up when they want to.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the rosters only expanding by 2, I don’t see the logic in giving weird cuppos anymore. If they want to give him a cuppo this year, I don’t think the roster expansion will be the opportunity. They will just call him up when they want to.
The only guys currently on the IL that may return this year are Jose Alvarez and Mauricio Llovera. I would assume one of them, if able to pitch, gets one of those spots. I cannot remember the rules, but think that the pitcher limit goes up to 14 with the 28 roster rule. So the other spot will go to one of Luis Gonzalez, Bryce Johnson, Yermin Mercedes, Ford Proctor, Henry Ramos, David Villar, Jason Vosler or Donovan Walton.

Of course, knowing FZ, he'll dfa Ramos so he can pick up some middle infielder (or bring back Machado) and roll with that guy for a week before dfa'ing him for someone else.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only guys currently on the IL that may return this year are Jose Alvarez and Mauricio Llovera. I would assume one of them, if able to pitch, gets one of those spots. I cannot remember the rules, but think that the pitcher limit goes up to 14 with the 28 roster rule. So the other spot will go to one of Luis Gonzalez, Bryce Johnson, Yermin Mercedes, Ford Proctor, Henry Ramos, David Villar, Jason Vosler or Donovan Walton.

Of course, knowing FZ, he'll dfa Ramos so he can pick up some middle infielder (or bring back Machado) and roll with that guy for a week before dfa'ing him for someone else.
I doubt they will sign Henry, but maybe his brother, Heliot, who happens to be in our system, will get the call. He is actually a rather highly regarded prospect.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they will sign Henry, but maybe his brother, Heliot, who happens to be in our system, will get the call. He is actually a rather highly regarded prospect.
I'll let you in on a secret - I was tipping the reason why FZ will dfa Ramos, thinking that its his brother on the 40 man roster. At least, that would be the stated reason.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we disappointed that we missed out on the Elvis Andrus deal...?

He is an over the hill weak hitting middle INF... Seems like a good fit ... lol.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we disappointed that we missed out on the Elvis Andrus deal...?

He is an over the hill weak hitting middle INF... Seems like a good fit ... lol.

Hitting .235 this season? He'd be one of our top hitters...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting .235 this season? He'd be one of our top hitters...
its-funny-because-mjy4hz.jpg

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like him too. Grab him and bring Beltre out of retirement to play together again.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camilo Doval has been fantastic this year, posting a 2.63 ERA with 62 strikeouts in 51.1 innings. One thing to note is that he will exceed his previous career-high in innings pitched (56.1 innings in 2019) by the first week of September

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that the Cubs optioned Kervin Castro yesterday and looked at his minor league numbers. I knew he was rushed last year but forgot how big of a leap he made. Prior to the 2021 season, Castro had not pitched above short A ball and that was after two years in the DSL. At just 22 years of age, he jumped 4 classification levels and handled it very well, both at AAA and the big leagues. So he struggles this year at AAA (who didn't, with the RiverCats). Why the heck did FZ decide that he wasn't worth keeping any longer? The moves boggle the mind.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that the Cubs optioned Kervin Castro yesterday and looked at his minor league numbers. I knew he was rushed last year but forgot how big of a leap he made. Prior to the 2021 season, Castro had not pitched above short A ball and that was after two years in the DSL. At just 22 years of age, he jumped 4 classification levels and handled it very well, both at AAA and the big leagues. So he struggles this year at AAA (who didn't, with the RiverCats). Why the heck did FZ decide that he wasn't worth keeping any longer? The moves boggle the mind.
This move specifically is the one that kinda “broke” me in regards to the churn. I don’t know if he is moving so fast with the moves he “fat fingers” occasionally and releases the wrong guy, or he thought there was a chance he would get through waivers or he had a reason to bail on Castro. But quite frankly, at this point, he doesn’t get my benefit if the doubt anymore.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we seen ANY results from the churn yet?

Yaz was a trade.
Wade was a trade.
Wynns was a trade.
Estrada was a trade.
MAYBE Alex Young?
Junis was an off season minor league FA. All teams have these, so it is hard to include him in “the churn”.

Mercedes is a one dimensional player, and his 1 dimension isn’t good enough to carry him.