• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ghostbusters 3: Afterlife (2021)

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chickbusters really wasn’t terrible if you go and rewatch the originals. It just followed that theme, comedians who made a movie that had no humor in it. Hell, the funny chicks tried not to be funny and Thor who has been an actor with zero depth was funny. It’s just like the old ones.
Hemsworth has shown a decent knack for humor with Thor, particularly with Ragnorak. That said, the original ghostbusters still hold up for me, so i have no clue what you're talking about.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The female version of Ghostbusters was pretty bad. The thing that hasn't been mentioned that I don't like about it is recycling the graphics for Slimer but updating every other ghost.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... but I might argue that Statham was by far the funniest part of that movie as a whole.
wait, is there a discussion going on whether or not McCarthy is funny? She is, there's been some hits and misses, but she's very capable of being funny.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait, is there a discussion going on whether or not McCarthy is funny? She is, there's been some hits and misses, but she's very capable of being funny.

Bridesmaids and Spy were solid... Ghostbusters was awful.

That is all.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is all.
I agree with all of that, but don't care to look into her IMDB to give a grade on everything. Hell, her work on SNL was pretty good (I know it can be divisive, but her Spicer was funny).

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is McCarthy funny? All of her movies have been absolute shit.

If you're familiar with her work and don't think she's funny, you just don't like Melissa McCarthy.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is all.

Agreed. She was funny in Heat, too, though it wasn't a great movie overall... so was Sandra Bullock.

She was also good in St Vincent & Can You Ever Forgive Me ? , though they weren't really comedic roles, there are some comedic aspects in both.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. She was funny in Heat, too, though it wasn't a great movie overall... so was Sandra Bullock.

She was also good in St Vincent & Can You Ever Forgive Me ? , though they weren't really comedic roles, there are some comedic aspects in both.

I haven't seen any of those. The only one I heard anything good about was St Vincent.

Bridesmaids and Spy were good, I am interested in seeing Happytime Murders, though I heard it isn't good and I would really like her to make a Spy 2 movie with Statham, I would totally go see that in theaters.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... but I might argue that Statham was by far the funniest part of that movie as a whole.

I haven't seen any of those. The only one I heard anything good about was St Vincent.

Bridesmaids and Spy were good, I am interested in seeing Happytime Murders, though I heard it isn't good and I would really like her to make a Spy 2 movie with Statham, I would totally go see that in theaters.

Statham was the only reason I finished the movie. I would fucking love for this to happen.

"At that point, I told Feig that I would love to see Statham leading a Rick Ford “Spy” spin-off, something that the writer and director firmly agreed with.

“I am with you on that. Trust me. I want the Rick Ford movie more than anything. He’s the greatest. I love the guy so much.”

Will Paul Feig ever make 'Bridesmaids 2,' 'The Heat 2,' 'Spy 2' or 'Ghostbusters 2'? Here’s what he told us

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run roh...

Looks like the GB movie will be centered around kids taking up their parents mantel.

Not sure if this is a big step up from the GhostBitches flick...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run roh...

Looks like the GB movie will be centered around kids taking up their parents mantel.

Not sure if this is a big step up from the GhostBitches flick...
giphy.gif