• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gervon Dexter

How many sacks does Gervon Dexter get next year

• 0-3

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 4-6

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 7-9

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 10+

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this guy is the wildcard for the defense. If he’s good, the defense will be very good. If he is garbage, the defense will be average. It sounds like he showed up to camp a lot leaner. He had good numbers near the end of last year. Outside of Caleb Williams, I’d say he’s the young player we most need to perform well in order to compete at a high level this year. I think he’s going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Dexter will be a key player on the Bears D, he’ll likely be the main interior D-Lineman. I’ll say he gets between 4-6 sacks this year, but I could see him getting more. I think the Bears D will be good overall this year, the secondary and LB units look very strong - the Bears do need someone besides Montez Sweat to step up as an edge rusher and get some sacks, I’m not sure who that will be, I think that’s the biggest question mark with regards to the Bears D. Who do you think can step up as an edge rusher?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Dexter will be a key player on the Bears D, he’ll likely be the main interior D-Lineman. I’ll say he gets between 4-6 sacks this year, but I could see him getting more. I think the Bears D will be good overall this year, the secondary and LB units look very strong - the Bears do need someone besides Montez Sweat to step up as an edge rusher and get some sacks, I’m not sure who that will be, I think that’s the biggest question mark with regards to the Bears D. Who do you think can step up as an edge rusher?
Good overall take on Dexter. As to who might step up, I think many Bears fans are hoping to see Austin Booker be that guy, altho due to his inexperience, he'll at best be situational. Still, when he's on the LOS, we're hoping he can do some damage. He was graded in many scouts books as a 3rd rounder, but that lack of experience is what likely dropped him to the 5th. I'm banking on the Bears inking a veteran still out there, such as Ngakoue or Ogbah, or perhaps an unexpected post June 1st cut as the preseason rolls on.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good overall take on Dexter. As to who might step up, I think many Bears fans are hoping to see Austin Booker be that guy, altho due to his inexperience, he'll at best be situational. Still, when he's on the LOS, we're hoping he can do some damage. He was graded in many scouts books as a 3rd rounder, but that lack of experience is what likely dropped him to the 5th. I'm banking on the Bears inking a veteran still out there, such as Ngakoue or Ogbah, or perhaps an unexpected post June 1st cut as the preseason rolls on.
Interesting. The Bears just don’t really have any other proven edge rusher other than Sweat, so they’ll need someone to step up. Signing a veteran at that position would be a boost for the Bears, as like you say Booker is inexperienced and unproven. The rest of the Bears defense looks strong. Depending on how well Williams plays, I think the Bears could be a playoff caliber team, they are much improved.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CW is looking good in camp, I expect a big move to get another top pass rushing DE this year. I expect Dexter to be improved also.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dexter could make the defense a lot better but if he's trash....it's really not going to make a big impact. He's not the guy that will make or break the defense. Right now that guy is Sweat and he needs help on the opposite side.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dexter could make the defense a lot better but if he's trash....it's really not going to make a big impact. He's not the guy that will make or break the defense. Right now that guy is Sweat and he needs help on the opposite side.
A to the F'n Men. Can't say I'm 100% confident Poles will eventually ink a vet to bolster the DE/Edge opposite Sweat, be it thru one of the remaining FAs or some future team cut, but I'm 90% confident he will.