• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT: SF 49ers vs St Louis Rams

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG....

guys/gals...

do you know... that OUR very NEXT GDT for the 49ers will be a .....

PLAYOFF GAMEDAY THREAD!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??

WTF????????????????

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preparing for the playoffs - I'm good with the decision on Ginn, but have growing concerns about Williams. Kyle was quickly becoming our most reliable receiver and I would hate to not have that in the playoffs.

Yea Concussion have taken a mroe serious note as of late. Especially in hockey, you just never know. But rest em up for the playoffs and hopefully they are good to go.

Still brings to question as who our returner will be this week if they cant go? hunter? Culliver? Has swain or Hastings had any experience there?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea Concussion have taken a mroe serious note as of late. Especially in hockey, you just never know. But rest em up for the playoffs and hopefully they are good to go.

Still brings to question as who our returner will be this week if they cant go? hunter? Culliver? Has swain or Hastings had any experience there?

Exactly! Seeing what has happened to Best (Lions) and now Crosby (Penguins) and knowing how vicious the hit was on Williams I'm led to believe this could be an exaggerated recovery period.

As for who will fill the role of returning KO & Punts, I tossed up the same question yesterday - My first thought was Hunter because of his speed, but fielding them is the problem.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Seeing what has happened to Best (Lions) and now Crosby (Penguins) and knowing how vicious the hit was on Williams I'm led to believe this could be an exaggerated recovery period.

As for who will fill the role of returning KO & Punts, I tossed up the same question yesterday - My first thought was Hunter because of his speed, but fielding them is the problem.

I would stick someone back there and tell them to fair catch all day long. We saw what a special teams turnover (is a blocked kick a turnover?) can do last game.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
RT @KennyG035 if Kyle Williams and Ginn are both out, who returns kicks? > Reggie Smith punts, Kendall Hunter kickoffs.

I think I'd rather have Hunter do both but we'll see what happens. R. Smith might be more sure handed (?). Expect a bunch of fair catches.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we just not have anyone back there to return punts? why risk a fumble? lol

all out blocks!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would stick someone back there and tell them to fair catch all day long. We saw what a special teams turnover (is a blocked kick a turnover?) can do last game.

I would not be surprised at all if that is what we see on punts - fc after fc after fc. As long as we don't help the Rams beat us then we win this game because the Rams cannot beat us alone. IMO.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep the Rams under 13. Then this year's defense can stand alone in 49ers History, in the PPG category. Currently tied with the 1946 squad at 13.5 PPG.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG....

guys/gals...

do you know... that OUR very NEXT GDT for the 49ers will be a .....

PLAYOFF GAMEDAY THREAD!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??

WTF????????????????

:tea: :drink:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we just not have anyone back there to return punts? why risk a fumble? lol

all out blocks!

Bill Walsh once said that he'd eliminate the punt return position every time and just rush the punter with 11...in his opinion it wouldn't change net field position in the long term, and it would eliminate the fumbled punt.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone have a safe and happy new years. Go out have fun but no drinking and driving people! Hopefully niners win and escape with no serious injuries. Go 49ers!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see what you did there. :amen:

I knew someone intelligent would figure it out ;)

Hey, I gotta say I loved your story about playing catch with yourself - I use to do the exact same thing. Throwing myself passes that I would have to dive for, making the catch (which was ALWAYS in the end zone, btw) and then spiking the ball in celebration for an audience of one - me. LOL!!!

Good Times!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everyone have a safe and happy new years. Go out have fun but no drinking and driving people! Hopefully niners win and escape with no serious injuries. Go 49ers!

You do the same, '83!! HNY

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bill Walsh once said that he'd eliminate the punt return position every time and just rush the punter with 11...in his opinion it wouldn't change net field position in the long term, and it would eliminate the fumbled punt.

If we had the offense BW had, I could agree with that - but we need all the field position we can get...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew someone intelligent would figure it out ;)

Hey, I gotta say I loved your story about playing catch with yourself - I use to do the exact same thing. Throwing myself passes that I would have to dive for, making the catch (which was ALWAYS in the end zone, btw) and then spiking the ball in celebration for an audience of one - me. LOL!!!

Good Times!

Ha!! Yeah I think that helps a young kid. It's almost like Fitzgerald's Willie Mays drill. To this day I can catch anything that gets even close, so it had to have helped out a little???

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ha!! Yeah I think that helps a young kid. It's almost like Fitzgerald's Willie Mays drill. To this day I can catch anything that gets even close, so it had to have helped out a little???

Haha!! Oh hell yeah, I agree! It absolutely helps improve your concentration!