• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Fish at Champs 5/25

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree with the HBP if the Giants are saying it was clean

They do have to hit someone but it has to be on the basepaths. punishment must fit the "crime"

Easier to really hurt someone on the base paths, so I wholeheartedly DISAGREE with this.

If the play on the field dictates aggressive play, which could result in someone getting hurt, so be it. But playing aggressive, dangerous ball for the sake of playing dangerous ball is just thuggish, and I will not support that.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier to really hurt someone on the base paths, so I wholeheartedly DISAGREE with this.

If the play on the field dictates aggressive play, which could result in someone getting hurt, so be it. But playing aggressive, dangerous ball for the sake of playing dangerous ball is just thuggish, and I will not support that.

not when it's in the context of the game

a good hard play deserves another

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If only the 3B coach had some flowers to give Cousins, maybe he could have given Posey a little kiss on the cheek while he was giving him the lovely roses.

Yeah, that's the only alternative. Is this the dum-dum board, where logical fallacies are the norm?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not when it's in the context of the game

a good hard play deserves another

IF it is in the game, and not completely out of the blue, than sure. No prob.

But there is a GDP and the runner on 1st is out by 5 steps, but still rolls the SS over...

THAT is dirty, and the Giants player should be suspended.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly what he did.

not when there were other options.

Cousins looked like his only chance to score was to blast Posey.

Cousins could've gone for the legs and Posey still could've gotten hurt but at least he was going for the plate.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright...

points made.

Crappy game, crappy outcome.

I am calling it a night.

I am heading to Vegas for the long weekend starting tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck...

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF it is in the game, and not completely out of the blue, than sure. No prob.

But there is a GDP and the runner on 1st is out by 5 steps, but still rolls the SS over...

THAT is dirty, and the Giants player should be suspended.

Not play dirty - play hard

there was a Pablo play earlier this year where he took out the 2nd baseman. He was out but he prevented the throw to first. and sent a message.

if there was an equivalent to checking someone into the boards - the Giants should do that and often tomorrow.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright...

points made.

Crappy game, crappy outcome.

I am calling it a night.

I am heading to Vegas for the long weekend starting tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck...

yeah, tough one tonight

good luck, man. hope you take down the house

Have you checked out the burger bar (Mandalay?) One of many spots on my list to check next time Im there

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not play dirty - play hard

there was a Pablo play earlier this year where he took out the 2nd baseman. He was out but he prevented the throw to first. and sent a message.

if there was an equivalent to checking someone into the boards - the Giants should do that and often tomorrow.

I'd take the gloves off the pitchers too. Up and in is in play. No head hunting, but the hitters should consider the possibility.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we sign Mo?

sm7vhz.jpg

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the replay - totally blows. I had a similar injury where my ankle wrapped around in space like a cheap towel while playing soccer. It was a severe ankle sprain where I was on crutches for about 7 weeks.

Not sure what Posey has obviously, but I'm praying he didn't tear anything such as ligaments down there. I'm guessing/crossing my fingers that he sprained his foot and that's why he couldn't bare too much weight on it.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might cry guys.

God damn what do we do?

Chris Stewart up? We have NO OTHER CATCHERS on the 40-man roster. Our other 'decent' catchers are down in A ball. We have Williams (all defense-no bat) and Stewart (light hitting-average defense). Then there is Johnny Monell who is more of a slugging catcher.

But again, Posey and Whiteside are the only 2 catchers on the 40-man roster. So who's out? Maybe DeRosa goes on the 60 day DL. Cut ties with Hinshaw.

And with Fonty and Ford possibly out on the DL, Rohly has to come up. Gillaspie possibly. Assuming Posey goes on the DL, do the Giants bring up Belt as compensation?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Big bummer of a game. The loss would have certainly been easier without Buster going down. The month that was supposed to be used to put some distance between the Giants and second place is now a "hope the lead remains the same" situation. Good luck in Vegas, cal. Bounce back quick, Buster. Hey, Panda, how's the hand?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't dirty - just didn't seem necessary

+1. It wasn't dirty, but he had a clean path to the plate without touching Posey.

A fish must pay.

Them's the rules.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the only alternative. Is this the dum-dum board, where logical fallacies are the norm?

Agreed. Cal, I love your posts, but that was Disney-worthy.