• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT Champs @ Pebbles (9/16)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CF Ross
2B Keppinger
RF Beltran
3B Sandoval
1B Huff
LF Belt
SS Crawford
C Stewart
P Bumgarner

Looks about right.

Although I agree 100% with this comment, it is pitiful that the ideal lineup we can field has Ross leading off.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I agree 100% with this comment, it is pitiful that the ideal lineup we can field has Ross leading off.

LOL, Cal!

Yeah, in an ideal world, we'd have some different players in this lineup. But as it stands, this one looks decent. One might argue that with a righty going, perhaps Towers might be better at leadoff and play CF.

Though nothing indicates that Towers has learned anything about his hitting struggles this year. Not even China Doll's conversations have helped him. Towers strikes out too much chasing pitches out of the zone. He thinks he is Curtis Granderson. He has no plate patience. He does not bunt for hits. He does not use his speed. No wonder his backside is gathering splinters.

He is a good fielder, though.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, Cal!

Yeah, in an ideal world, we'd have some different players in this lineup. But as it stands, this one looks decent. One might argue that with a righty going, perhaps Towers might be better at leadoff and play CF.

Though nothing indicates that Towers has learned anything about his hitting struggles this year. Not even China Doll's conversations have helped him. Towers strikes out too much chasing pitches out of the zone. He thinks he is Curtis Granderson. He has no plate patience. He does not bunt for hits. He does not use his speed. No wonder his backside is gathering splinters.

He is a good fielder, though.

I also think they are auditioning Ross for a spot next year. Ross will cost quite a bit more than Towers, so Towers would be the safe way to go between the two of them. Basically, they are saying to Ross, "If you do well, it will go a long way towards our wanting to bring you back. Play badly and we will have to go another direction."

Basically, Ross decides which of the two the Giants decide to keep (if either).

It also may be the simple fact that Ross is carrying a hot bat right now. But that is simple, logical, and quite frankly, boring, so I go with option 1.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also think they are auditioning Ross for a spot next year. Ross will cost quite a bit more than Towers, so Towers would be the safe way to go between the two of them. Basically, they are saying to Ross, "If you do well, it will go a long way towards our wanting to bring you back. Play badly and we will have to go another direction."

Basically, Ross decides which of the two the Giants decide to keep (if either).

It also may be the simple fact that Ross is carrying a hot bat right now. But that is simple, logical, and quite frankly, boring, so I go with option 1.

Cody is not an ideal CF nor is he an ideal leadoff hitter, but if the choice is between he and Andy Towers, I would hope the Giants choose Cody as well. At least Cody has a history to prove he can hit .275, get on base at a .340 clip and hit 15 bombs per year.

All Towers has proven is that he was hot for the entire 2010 season. He's the Mark Rypien of the SF Giants.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mutts put up a 4-spot in the first against the Braves...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Belt, after a nice at bat, swings at a back foot slider in the dirt.....for a smart kid, he sure gets fooled by that quite a bit.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't they let Huff score? It would've been automatic. Now MadBum flies out so they dont score

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson rocking the Marty McFly Back to the Future Shoes. Had the highest bid at an auction for Parkinson's disease. $9000 each. Good for him!

BeerMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MadBum blows alot of snot rockets