• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (43) - 1/17 Flames at Sharks - 7:30PM

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"90% of the game is mental. The other half is physical." - Yogi Berra

Go Sharks!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clowe a scratch from the line up tonight. Listed at the moment as an upper body injury.

On a side note about Clowe, Bob Mckenzie on TSN last night mentioned trade talks between Toronto and San Jose and suggested Clowe was a likely target.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way this team trades Clowe. Aren't we already short a top six forward? Plus he has grit and good chemistry with Couture.

If Wilson trades Clowe I'll jump on the 'Fire Doug Wilson' bandwagon; hell, I'll push Rares aside and start driving the damn thing...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks about Clowe sitting tonight, but the Sharks should be fine "should!" The Sharks need to bring a solid 60 minutes and a solid effort from whoever is in net.

I would hate to have Clowe dealt away from this team!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No way this team trades Clowe. Aren't we already short a top six forward? Plus he has grit and good chemistry with Couture.

If Wilson trades Clowe I'll jump on the 'Fire Doug Wilson' bandwagon; hell, I'll push Rares aside and start driving the damn thing...

I don't know. If they get a faster, younger forward who plays the body and is a better goal scorer it might not be a bad thing. Moving Clowe seems more like an offseason thing though, not something you do down the PO stretch.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. If they get a faster, younger forward who plays the body and is a better goal scorer it might not be a bad thing. Moving Clowe seems more like an offseason thing though, not something you do down the PO stretch.

As much as it would pain me to see Clowe traded, I agree with that analysis. However Toronto doesn't seem to have anyone who really fits the bill. Maybe Kessel, but it would take a lot more than Clowe to bring him to San Jose especially when you consider all that Toronto gave up for him. Kessel isn't really known for playing the body either.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As much as it would pain me to see Clowe traded, I agree with that analysis. However Toronto doesn't seem to have anyone who really fits the bill. Maybe Kessel, but it would take a lot more than Clowe to bring him to San Jose especially when you consider all that Toronto gave up for him. Kessel isn't really known for playing the body either.

MacArthur perhaps. Kulemin maybe though he's having a bad year this year. Toronto would certainly have to add to the deal but there are some posibilities.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So pretty much a better version of Clowe.

But why would anyone trade Clowe for a better version of himself?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started watching this one so I have no idea what's happened. Sharks down 1-0 though. Where's the offense?

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks have hit three posts and Kipper has made a couple of nice saves. Other than that the Flames are collapsing in front of the net and clogging the shooting lanes.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sharks have hit three posts and Kipper has made a couple of nice saves. Other than that the Flames are collapsing in front of the net and clogging the shooting lanes.

Yeah I thought the Sharks moved the puck pretty well on the last power play but Calgary did well to defend. I'm used to the Sharks penalty kill though where it's a sure goal if you get them scrambling.

Iginla boned a sure goal against the Sharks I think for the first time ever.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what a BORING GAME!!!!!!!!! This really SUCKS! :mad:.

Why can't the Sharks ever get a point shot on net? Every f*cking time the other team has a shot from the point, it somehows fools Niemi and into the net.

Why is Braun always shooting high? Doesn't he know the net is along the ice, not on top of the glass.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha... exactly right on all accounts! :p

There are multiple missing pieces for this Sharks team... trading Clowe is not going to fix shit. Oh, and it's beyond moronic.

... so Dougie might do it. :L