• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (3) - 10/15 Blues at Sharks - 7:00PM

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Remember the first game was vs Phx and a parking cone in net. So by that standard, yes they can be good and click together when your shooting & skating against a pile of garbage.

yeah, phoenix allowing two goals from the Behind the goal line pretty much says all you need to know there. However, they did play well that game anyways.

Korky, I would not be in the least bit surprised if they do start turning it on after the 15 game mark, particularly since havlat should be back and healthy by then. He's a nearly point per game player and can make a big difference.

Also, I wouldnt be surprised if their off passing and giveaways are reduced too. Clearly, they just arent familiar enough with each other. However, if they are 5-9-1 at the 15 game mark, it will be really troublesome, and it will be an uphill battle just like it was last year.

Right now, they just have waaaay too much AHL fodder. Not sure why winchester got a contract, and desjardins is quicky playing hinmself out of a job. He was personally responsible for at least 2 goals in the last 2 games (guarding air on the ducks goal and making a great screen for griess tonight). Wingels found himself a healthy scratch because he has been nothing at all. Mitchell is a top 6 forward (GASP!). the sharks really have got to add to the depth up front and I hope they do it sooner rather than later. Cant wait until anywhere near the deadline this time around.

p.s.: braun looks like he should be ready soon. I would be sad, but wouldnt mind seeing murray shipped out for a legit forward. Vandy, white, and burns all play a pretty physical game and have real size. Murray added to that group seems unnecessary.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
p.s.: a 4th threat from the blueline would also be real nice. Boyle and burns are legit. Demers is a respectable secondary guy, but vlasic, white and murray are black holes on the offensive half of the red line. The sharks could use braun for some offensive help particularly given the thin forward lines.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Matt Irwin is also just 23 (soon to be 24) and I thought he looked outstanding in training camp. He is off to a good start in worcester as well and could be a 9th Potential NHL dman.

He and Braun made a nice tandem at Umass and he has 10 goals and 30+ points last year for wooster. He's also got reasonable size at 6'2'', 205. Cmon, what's your take on him?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had originally planned on staying in and watching this game, but after last night I think I'm gonna go hang out tonight instead. Have fun without me! :p

Wheeeeeeee!

ChosenWisely.jpg

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks will be in real trouble if they lose any one of the big guns before One Arm Havlat joins the team. Doug will have to make a move, which will be a over payment.

So far Doug's gamble of having a bunch of AHL'ers on the bottom 6 isn't looking to good.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah, phoenix allowing two goals from the Behind the goal line pretty much says all you need to know there. However, they did play well that game anyways.

Korky, I would not be in the least bit surprised if they do start turning it on after the 15 game mark, particularly since havlat should be back and healthy by then. He's a nearly point per game player and can make a big difference.

Also, I wouldnt be surprised if their off passing and giveaways are reduced too. Clearly, they just arent familiar enough with each other. However, if they are 5-9-1 at the 15 game mark, it will be really troublesome, and it will be an uphill battle just like it was last year.

Right now, they just have waaaay too much AHL fodder. Not sure why winchester got a contract, and desjardins is quicky playing hinmself out of a job. He was personally responsible for at least 2 goals in the last 2 games (guarding air on the ducks goal and making a great screen for griess tonight). Wingels found himself a healthy scratch because he has been nothing at all. Mitchell is a top 6 forward (GASP!). the sharks really have got to add to the depth up front and I hope they do it sooner rather than later. Cant wait until anywhere near the deadline this time around.

p.s.: braun looks like he should be ready soon. I would be sad, but wouldnt mind seeing murray shipped out for a legit forward. Vandy, white, and burns all play a pretty physical game and have real size. Murray added to that group seems unnecessary.

Yeah Wingels was horrible in the second game i wonder if he got Patties HIV, he had no energy same could be said for A Murray also. I wouldnt be shocked to hear that come out soon.

Desjardins wasnt the problem tonight on the screen shot that was all Colin White he changed direction twice on that goal defending nothing. He is proving to be the biggest waste of cap space in a long time

And Brent Burns defense is actually worse then i thought it was going to be, i mean he is litreally Jeff Jillison bad. I really feel bad for Dan Boyle and Vlasic right now

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys 3rd game in the books and some of you feel the season has been decided already?? lets save the panicking for the playoffs and if we don't make the playoffs for some fucked reason we'll all take turns shooting eachother with either heroin or shot gunz LOL

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they gave up a third period lead after playing the night before. Lame excuse? Perhaps, but it does factor in.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Wingels was horrible in the second game i wonder if he got Patties HIV, he had no energy same could be said for A Murray also. I wouldnt be shocked to hear that come out soon.

Desjardins wasnt the problem tonight on the screen shot that was all Colin White he changed direction twice on that goal defending nothing. He is proving to be the biggest waste of cap space in a long time

And Brent Burns defense is actually worse then i thought it was going to be, i mean he is litreally Jeff Jillison bad. I really feel bad for Dan Boyle and Vlasic right now

Burns defense was better tonight and overall wasn't that bad. The first two games he would take himself out of position to try to make a hit, drop to the ice two early and to often to try to block a pass, and was skating around like a chicken with it's head cut off in the offensive zone. Tonight he played a little more controlled game. He'll never wow anyone with his defense but if he continues to play like he did in this game he won't hurt you either.

One thing to consider is even with all the turnover on the roster this years version of the Sharks has looked 10x better than the team that was iced pre All-Star break last year.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colin White is our iteration of Wallin this season. He looks like flat out garbage out there. There has to be other options.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guys 3rd game in the books and some of you feel the season has been decided already?? lets save the panicking for the playoffs and if we don't make the playoffs for some fucked reason we'll all take turns shooting eachother with either heroin or shot gunz LOL

lol only big concerns i have are Brent Burns horrendous defense and Colin Whites play of looking he is just hear for a pay check.

Then the lack of one more depth forward, they pretty much need to make a trade and land a 4th liner. I dont think Murray or Wingels is going to cut it unless they are both currently sick

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Burns defense was better tonight and overall wasn't that bad. The first two games he would take himself out of position to try to make a hit, drop to the ice two early and to often to try to block a pass, and was skating around like a chicken with it's head cut off in the offensive zone. Tonight he played a little more controlled game. He'll never wow anyone with his defense but if he continues to play like he did in this game he won't hurt you either.

One thing to consider is even with all the turnover on the roster this years version of the Sharks has looked 10x better than the team that was iced pre All-Star break last year.

I'd be happy with Kent Huskins/Walin level defense out of Burns right now lol He only has one way to go and thats up i suppose

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be happy with Kent Huskins/Walin level defense out of Burns right now lol He only has one way to go and thats up i suppose

Nah, his play in this game was better that what the Sharks got out of either Huskins/Wallin. He still has lots of room to get better that's for sure but he wasn't as bad in this game as you're making him out to be.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nah, his play in this game was better that what the Sharks got out of either Huskins/Wallin. He still has lots of room to get better that's for sure but he wasn't as bad in this game as you're making him out to be.

It might of been better but it sure wasnt acceptable
:kk:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Your trying to make a shit sundea and let people forget the main ingrediant -- SHIT... Shit is SHIT reguardless how much sugar you put on it. You have a guy that SJ gave up Seto, Coyle & a 1st rounder for, where the guy they coulda signed for less or equal money (Ian White) and kept those players is playing great... Dont sugar coat shit and try & sell it to people. It may only be 3 games in, but this trade is turning out just like I knew it would. Burns doesnt help the D end, he has slightly better "O" capibilities as White, but white doesnt cost you a future star, your top prospect & a 1st round pick. For real Cmon, this trade has looked like garbage from day one, but people just want to justify it. And with your "scouting background resume" that people listen to, it seems like your even stretching.. Better tonight, OK so it turned from diaheria into a normal solid shit pile... Ok, GREAT... And your last sentace of them looking 10x better then last year. Again SHIT is SHIT, just cause on smells better too you its still shit. This team does not look 10x then last years, cause the team last year had TWO lines pre all-star then THREE lines after adding Eager & Wellwod. The current team has ONE line, & 5 legitimate NHLers... People may hate what I say by the way I phrase it but , at least I dont try to justify dumb shit with smart words... This team will NOT finish as good as last year, will NOT go as far and WILL be like the blackhawks after they subtracted important forwards the year after winning the cup.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol your talking about coyle like is the second coming of crosby. Seto has proven one thing and thats he is in consistent

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone writing the Sharks off already...would you be ready to hand them the Cup if the Sharks were 3-0 at this point in the season? Of course not. So why write them off when they are 1-2?

Let the roster play together for a good stretch before making claims that this team doesn't have what it takes. It's easy to say that they don't have what it takes. If you've said this for the past 21 years, you'd be correct. Good for you. What's harder is having the optimism, while being realistic. Last year, many knew that defense was not going to get it done. Yet somehow they made to the final 4 after a couple mid-season additions. I was one of the ones that thought the team would struggle to make the playoffs in mid-November. They went in as the #2 seed!

Hold your horses.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone writing the Sharks off already...would you be ready to hand them the Cup if the Sharks were 3-0 at this point in the season? Of course not. So why write them off when they are 1-2?

Let the roster play together for a good stretch before making claims that this team doesn't have what it takes. It's easy to say that they don't have what it takes. If you've said this for the past 21 years, you'd be correct. Good for you. What's harder is having the optimism, while being realistic. Last year, many knew that defense was not going to get it done. Yet somehow they made to the final 4 after a couple mid-season additions. I was one of the ones that thought the team would struggle to make the playoffs in mid-November. They went in as the #2 seed!

Hold your horses.

Im not writing them off as far as making the playoffs, but I never thought this roster was anywhere close to Cup contender.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lol your talking about coyle like is the second coming of crosby. Seto has proven one thing and thats he is in consistent

Im not upping him like that. It may seem so but basically im trying to say the sharks cupboard was empty of prospects and they traded away the only good one they had, plus a pick and a good player. When they had an option to sign a player that plays the same style as Burns and give up nothing to do so.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pray2: calm down everybody

before we start fighting ourselves