• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gay Partner Appreciation Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your girlfriend is your lesbian sister? I'm so confused. Just kidding.

I'm wishing I wrote that sentence a little differently.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume your Aramaic is good enough to read the actual Bible, not the translation of a translation of a translation that serves as the King James version, which gets things like 'the young woman Mary' confused with a Virgin birth.

What you are referring to is Isaiah's prophesy of a Virgin birth really being a prophesy of a young maiden birth. This has been a contention for awhile and is a subject of controversy. Matthew, a believer of the prophesy's match, clearly stated and meant "Virgin." How could it not? He clarifies later that God put Jesus in her, that can't be a mistranslation. You don't say "young woman" instead of Virgin accidentally and then say that she conceived by God and oops, that was a mistranslation. The latter part proves the former or at least adds to the former to make them co-statements (that she was a young woman and a Virgin).

The controversy is whether Isaiah meant "young woman" or "Virgin." This seems to refute that notion of the prophesy's mistranslation:

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/461-did-isaiah-prophesy-the-virgin-birth-of-christ

A few possibilities lie here:

1. Prophesy says "Virgin" and Matthew says it was a Virgin birth. Happened to be a young woman.
2. Prophesy says "Virgin" and Matthew says it was a young woman's birth, misunderstanding that the prophesy was Virgin, not "young woman."
3. Prophesy says "young woman" and Matthew says it was a young woman birth.
4. Prophesy says "young woman" and Matthew says it was a Virgin's birth, misunderstanding that the prophesy was young woman, not "Virgin." Happened to also be a young woman.

Obviously, there are other possibilities such as Mary lying about being a Virgin because adultery is a sin and Joseph never made love to her, Mary lying about being a Virgin because sex before marriage is a sin and neither Joseph nor Mary wanted it known, not understanding what Virgin meant ("THAT could lead to pregnancy?), Matthew wanting this to match the prophesy when it didn't, or the whole thing being made up later. The prophesy was the only thing that existed before the story of Jesus was told and that story could be told because it's true or because they wanted it to match.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, some of us do. Whether the reason is genetic, something happened in utero, environmental factors or some combination it ain't no choice any more than you (presuming you are) or I chose to be attracted to gina.

I dont believe it is a choice to be GAY but it is a choice to live a gay lifestyle... And that is sort of why this is an issue...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think the cops would have had a sense of humor about it. damn cops

Aint poor bastard had to spend the memorial day weekend in the joint, but then had to appear in court in front of all these strangers to have the judge say " indecent exposure how do you plead? I think he would have rather have sex with one of those coyote ugly bulls

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont believe it is a choice to be GAY but it is a choice to live a gay lifestyle... And that is sort of why this is an issue...

Elton John and Michael Jackson both tried but that didnt work out for them. When being homosexual wasnt open and in closet, young men became priests, so people wouldnt say why isnt he married by 20 or so, whats wrong with him?. We know how that ended up, esp in Catholic churches because they couldnt get married, and easier to hide, so nobody question Father Bush

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, there are other possibilities such as Mary lying about being a Virgin because adultery is a sin and Joseph never made love to her, Mary lying about being a Virgin because sex before marriage is a sin and neither Joseph nor Mary wanted it known, not understanding what Virgin meant ("THAT could lead to pregnancy?), Matthew wanting this to match the prophesy when it didn't, or the whole thing being made up later. The prophesy was the only thing that existed before the story of Jesus was told and that story could be told because it's true or because they wanted it to match.

Or this: Pantera - RationalWiki

Coming from this: Virgin birth - RationalWiki

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah...some choice.

Pretend to be straight and be depressed all the time and maybe kill yourself or be out about who you are.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I killed the thread yet or given it a virgin rebirth? ;)

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is about "a gay lifestyle" differs from anyone else's lifestyle in your mind ? In my experience aside from the fact that their sexual partners are the same gender, which I only know because I know they are gay... it's not like I watch or anything, their "lifestyles" are pretty much like anyone else's.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is about "a gay lifestyle" differs from anyone else's lifestyle in your mind ? In my experience aside from the fact that their sexual partners are the same gender, which I only know because I know they are gay... it's not like I watch or anything, their "lifestyles" are pretty much like anyone else's.

The difference is that you can be gay and still live the "normal life" the wife, the children... It is silly to say a person is not gay until they act on it... Unless of course Being gay is a choice...

In the closet gays are not living the gay lifestyle...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are referring to is Isaiah's prophesy of a Virgin birth really being a prophesy of a young maiden birth. This has been a contention for awhile and is a subject of controversy. Matthew, a believer of the prophesy's match, clearly stated and meant "Virgin." How could it not? He clarifies later that God put Jesus in her, that can't be a mistranslation. You don't say "young woman" instead of Virgin accidentally and then say that she conceived by God and oops, that was a mistranslation. The latter part proves the former or at least adds to the former to make them co-statements (that she was a young woman and a Virgin).

The controversy is whether Isaiah meant "young woman" or "Virgin." This seems to refute that notion of the prophesy's mistranslation:

https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/461-did-isaiah-prophesy-the-virgin-birth-of-christ

A few possibilities lie here:

1. Prophesy says "Virgin" and Matthew says it was a Virgin birth. Happened to be a young woman.
2. Prophesy says "Virgin" and Matthew says it was a young woman's birth, misunderstanding that the prophesy was Virgin, not "young woman."
3. Prophesy says "young woman" and Matthew says it was a young woman birth.
4. Prophesy says "young woman" and Matthew says it was a Virgin's birth, misunderstanding that the prophesy was young woman, not "Virgin." Happened to also be a young woman.

Google 'Dead Sea Scrolls' translation on the subject. In early Bibles the term simply meant 'young woman' and not 'Virgin' and it appears to have been mistranslated at some point, creating a fallacious myth of the Immaculate Conception.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Google 'Dead Sea Scrolls' translation on the subject. In early Bibles the term simply meant 'young woman' and not 'Virgin' and it appears to have been mistranslated at some point, creating a fallacious myth of the Immaculate Conception.
This has been debated for decades...nobody really knows really. Religion is based on faith. I'm not sure how this subject got started but in no way is this simply a religion vs science vs history debate.Anyway, Is homosexuality a choice, lifestyle, abuse issue, or are they just born that way? Possibly all of those.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been debated for decades...nobody really knows really. Religion is based on faith. I'm not sure how this subject got started but in no way is this simply a religion vs science vs history debate.Anyway, Is homosexuality a choice, lifestyle, abuse issue, or are they just born that way? Possibly all of those.

I actually think the Dead Sea Scroll translation is less than 20 years old. Some time around the new Millenium if I remember correctly. Not that it matters. I just wanted to poke the bear on the cocksure Bible literalist hypocrites who couldn't interpret 'Dick and Jane' to save their lives.

The heart of the argument here has been made - gays aren't trying to be glorified, they just want a chance to live their lives openly without condemnation by inbred bigots. The same fight occurred for blacks 50 years ago, and still isn't complete, but eventually we can hope Darwinism weeds out or isolates mouth-breathing racists, homophobes, and bigots of all stripes.

I always loved beating the crap out of bullies. It was much easier than fighting other boys or men - they folded once you called their bluffs, just like OldFool here has once he could see everyone who finished the fourth grade was laughing at him.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already knew you were a moron, but thanks for the confirmation. I'm pretty comfortable with my heterosexuality and well-heeled lifestyle, but I'm not such an imbecile that I think others have to conform to my religious beliefs in a country where freedom of religion is the very first, ahead of all others. Gays aren't hurting anyone, and it's not a lifestyle, princess, it's a life. Gays choose what they are no more than Blacks or Asians. Though we both know you really think they're sub-human too and you'd rather they left (never met a Black guy who couldn't at least acknowledge that gays had a right to exist even if he/she believed it was a sin).

The Internet Tough Guy stuff is awesome, thanks for admitting you really stick hairbrushes in your bum and dream it's Brad Pitt.

And, as to the Bible, tell me when you've completed asking others to stone you to death for cutting the hair at your temples, eating shrimp cocktail, and wearing poly-cotton blend and we can discuss the other parts of the Bible where you know God wasn't just kidding. That kind of comprehension requires reading of books that don't have pictures on every page, so we both know you haven't actually read it, unlike me. I assume your Aramaic is good enough to read the actual Bible, not the translation of a translation of a translation that serves as the King James version, which gets things like 'the young woman Mary' confused with a Virgin birth. I am also interested that Jesus speaks out about many things and is very judgmental of poor behavior, but somehow homosexuality escapes his notice. Not one direct quote from him about it.

He certainly does condemn people who judge others, but I'll answer him at the Pearly Gates for judging you a waste of valuable air.

actually, there have been human blastulas created by merging egg to egg. In theory, there is no need for men at all in this world. But we all know you can't spell 'science' never mind understand it.

Just as I suspected , a bigmouth coward that hides behind the internet....Listen Shirley, I didn't say anything about beating you up, although I'm sure a simple punk-slap would do the job.....It is blatantly clear that you are too stupid to read and comprehend, so I will bring it down to your 4th grade level so even a baboon can understand......There is no confusion in the Bible that has been examined by the best theologists on the planet so I won't even waste time talking about it to an unlearned buffoon like you.....
And as for the rest of your trolling crap, let me just say to you personally, The TuTu shop is the other way,
Good Bye Shirley
, :L:L:L:L
ballerina-dude-4110016_zps4f253ae7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.