• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gay Partner Appreciation Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among other causes that the NFL celebrates every year, I project a "Gay Awareness Month" is in the leagues future.

Will rainbow cleats and wristbands be they way they promote awareness of gay rights or something a little less overt?

I don't know, but I for one can't wait to find out how this "heroes" are celebrated...........

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ought to be good

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really and truly, where is this glorification of homosexuals going to end?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they reach presidential status?

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, well we have Biden and Kenyan.

joe-biden-malarkey-meme1.jpg

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talking about gay... did you know Phylicia Rashad was gay... no wonder she didnt tell Bill cosby to change his sweaters...

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So her pro football husband is at a loss? Is it her or her sister?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet not even 1% of the population of Arizona is gay,yet there is always this BS with the Liberals gnashing their teeth on the airwaves 24/7.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among other causes that the NFL celebrates every year, I project a "Gay Awareness Month" is in the leagues future.

Will rainbow cleats and wristbands be they way they promote awareness of gay rights or something a little less overt?

I don't know, but I for one can't wait to find out how this "heroes" are celebrated...........

I doubt very much this happens.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really and truly, where is this glorification of homosexuals going to end?

When the media stops blowing it up. Theres clearly an agenda here. Guess what world, some people dont like gays and dont want gay teammates. But guess what else? This could be said about blacks, whites, jews, christians, albinos, aliens, and atheists etc. There will always be someone out there that doesnt like you based upon something about you that they dont agree with. Guess what else? Some people are perfectly accepting of it and/or just dont care. In fact most people are. But its not the medias job to change my or your mind on whether its acceptable. Currently homosexuality is huge in the medias eyes. I could care less. I dont inquire about peoples personal lives at work because its personal. The media and everyone else should leave it that way.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt very much this happens.

I disagree. In twenty or thirty years guys like michael sam and jason collins will be hailed as pioneers and heros for coming out and opening the door for athletes behind them to come out. They will be hailed as courageous and hell even compared to jackie robinson when in reality there is no comparison. What jackie robinson did was courageous. These guys coming out is more attention seeking than anything. The want the attention. They believe they will make a name for themselves in the history books, and they probably will. They also have nowhere near the amount of hate directed at them that jackie robinson and other african americans did at that time. In fact, we live in an age where if a player spoke out against homosexuals on sports teams, he would be the one destroyed. So it really isnt that courageous.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet not even 1% of the population of Arizona is gay,yet there is always this BS with the Liberals gnashing their teeth on the airwaves 24/7.

I dunno man, on many mainstream forums such as reddit it really seems like theres a pretty decent sized lgbt population. But I agree, way too much media talk about it. The media has to keep the people occupied though with stupid shit so they dont read about the NSA and government destroying the constitution.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. In twenty or thirty years guys like michael sam and jason collins will be hailed as pioneers and heros for coming out and opening the door for athletes behind them to come out. They will be hailed as courageous and hell even compared to jackie robinson when in reality there is no comparison. What jackie robinson did was courageous. These guys coming out is more attention seeking than anything. The want the attention. They believe they will make a name for themselves in the history books, and they probably will. They also have nowhere near the amount of hate directed at them that jackie robinson and other african americans did at that time. In fact, we live in an age where if a player spoke out against homosexuals on sports teams, he would be the one destroyed. So it really isnt that courageous.

This is absurd. These guys coming out might be remembered for coming out but I think it's more likely they will be forgotten. Because most people don't care and most I know loathe the whole coming out concept. And just because a sport does not take a stand forbidding gay players or trying to block them does not mean the celebrate them.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the Patriots don't take the play on words will be to much for Hammer to resist.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is absurd. These guys coming out might be remembered for coming out but I think it's more likely they will be forgotten. Because most people don't care and most I know loathe the whole coming out concept. And just because a sport does not take a stand forbidding gay players or trying to block them does not mean the celebrate them.

I agree its absurd that it will be celebrated but I still see it happening. Maybe not, who knows? There will definitely be a month dedicated to the lgbt community if there isnt already. Also there will be a chris kluwe day similar to that of MLK. :)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the gays still need a poster boy... who cares about sam, if he is only going to be a marginal player... They need an Aaron rodgers to come out... then they can actually do something with it...

If Jackie Robinson was not good, then we would be hearing about another black guy, robinson was not even the first black guy in Pro baseball...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the gays still need a poster boy... who cares about sam, if he is only going to be a marginal player... They need an Aaron rodgers to come out... then they can actually do something with it...

If Jackie Robinson was not good, then we would be hearing about another black guy, robinson was not even the first black guy in Pro baseball...

True, perhaps all of this coming out by inferior athletes will lead to rodgers finally coming out. One can only hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.