• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gary Anderson new Beaver coach.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched BTN Live.......per Barry Alvarez, Gary Andersen stated it was a family issue involving the opportunity to move back west, where Gary considers it home.

However, BTN's Gerry DiNardo believes it's the tough academic standards at Wisconsin which causes the Badgers to miss-out on a lot of recruits. DiNardo said Wisconsin has VERY tough academic standards, supposedly the 2nd toughest in the B1G (behind Northwestern). And those standards handcuff the recruiting process at Wisconsin.

Even so, it is still a head scratcher to see a coach take a step downward (no disrespect meant to Oregon State) in quality of football programs.

Perhaps it has something to do with Barry Alvarez's strong personality? Does Barry try to be too controlling? I dunno? Alvarez did state that his phone is ringing off the hook with interested candidates inquiring about the Wisconsin job.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched BTN Live.......per Barry Alvarez, Gary Andersen stated it was a family issue involving the opportunity to move back west, where Gary considers it home.

However, BTN's Gerry DiNardo believes it's the tough academic standards at Wisconsin which causes the Badgers to miss-out on a lot of recruits. DiNardo said Wisconsin has VERY tough academic standards, supposedly the 2nd toughest in the B1G (behind Northwestern). And those standards handcuff the recruiting process at Wisconsin.

Even so, it is still a head scratcher to see a coach take a step downward (no disrespect meant to Oregon State) in quality of football programs.

Perhaps it has something to do with Barry Alvarez's strong personality? Does Barry try to be too controlling? I dunno? Alvarez did state that his phone is ringing off the hook with interested candidates inquiring about the Wisconsin job.
Alvarez has a reputation as a very demanding person and I'm sure Anderson felt insecure.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This hire has me like....

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D6ejNgWEiro[/ame]

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you're the dumb fuck for thinking Gary Anderson's job was secure. Also I'd appreciate it if you would stick to the subject matter rather than taking a cheap shot at me.

In other words... STICK IT UP YOUR ASS !!

He was not even close to being on the hot seat. NOBODY fires a coach that is 19-7 after 2 years at a school unless he does something really stupid and gets school in trouble or himself. You have to be the only person that seriously thinks he was close to hot seat. :L

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that nebraska caused this.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wisconsin I hear Schiano is available

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

None taken, but for low academia levels, one only needs to head south of Corvallis 25 miles to Oregon and it's (OPEN DOOR,HEY COMON IN) academic policies.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21-Momen-in-den-Si-merk-da-Si-im-E-Commer-arbeit-7439-detailp.gif

:lol:

My thoughts exactly. Was actually going to post same thing.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was not even close to being on the hot seat. NOBODY fires a coach that is 19-7 after 2 years at a school unless he does something really stupid and gets school in trouble or himself. You have to be the only person that seriously thinks he was close to hot seat. :L
Wisconsin suffered probably its most embarrassing defeat in school history in front of a national television audience in its biggest game of the season and you don't think Anderson was on the hot seat? It's not surprising to me that Anderson is on his way out. Coaching Oregon State is not an upgrade in my opinion.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strange, Eichorst never mentioned that his phone was ringing off the hook.:whistle:

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin suffered probably its most embarrassing defeat in school history in front of a national television audience in its biggest game of the season and you don't think Anderson was on the hot seat? It's not surprising to me that Anderson is on his way out. Coaching Oregon State is not an upgrade in my opinion.

No.... Not even close to the hot seat. It is 2nd year and still a good record.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.... Not even close to the hot seat.
Then you haven't a clue. Of course you're a Nebraska fan so being clueless is nothing new for you.

:L

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None taken, but for low academia levels, one only needs to head south of Corvallis 25 miles to Oregon and it's (OPEN DOOR,HEY COMON IN) academic policies.

So Corvallis isn't in Oregon (according to you)? :pound:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please find links to any Wisconsin people yelling for Anderson's head. I am sure there will be some from the 1% lunatic fringe. But I have VERY good friends in Madison, WI, and this is a shocker to them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he take a step backwards. Makes no sense. I guess its a comfort zone.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I see it...

Barry calls Gary after last weeks game, Gary looks over his shoulder at Barry then calls Riley at Braska for a headsup on Bob DeC, Riley called Bob and Bob call Gary on Monday to tell Gary he had full control of the Beavs...then Gary looked back over his shoulder at Barry and told him and the Badgers goodbye.

Sounds about right

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell leaves Wisconsin for Oregon State?? Wisconsin is the 2nd best program in the B1G, Oregon State is always going to be the 2nd job in the State of Oregon.