• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gary Anderson new Beaver coach.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy that Oregon State is happy in getting Anderson, but the honest feeling in Wisconsin about losing him is kind of meh. I realize he never had the chance to run with his recruits, but the performance of the team the last two years has been just OK by recent standards. Nobody is upset to lose him but at the same time nobody would have been upset keeping him. Average would be how I would describe his tenure here.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy that Oregon State is happy in getting Anderson, but the honest feeling in Wisconsin about losing him is kind of meh. I realize he never had the chance to run with his recruits, but the performance of the team the last two years has been just OK by recent standards. Nobody is upset to lose him but at the same time nobody would have been upset keeping him. Average would be how I would describe his tenure here.

:susp:

Average?

He was there two years with .730 winning percentage.
:lol:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:susp:

Average?

He was there two years with .730 winning percentage.
:lol:

Yes, average compared to recent years. Beating ranked Minnesota or Northwestern aren't great accomplishments. They didn't seem prepared for big games and the Badgers were at a point when he inherited the team that they should always be competing for Big Ten Championships. They did well but not that well. Nobody in Wisconsin is sad to see him go.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, average compared to recent years. Beating ranked Minnesota or Northwestern aren't great accomplishments. They didn't seem prepared for big games and the Badgers were at a point when he inherited the team that they should always be competing for Big Ten Championships. They did well but not that well. Nobody in Wisconsin is sad to see him go.

Didn't they just play for the conference title? Unless you're being literal as they didn't compete but got blown out.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they just play for the conference title? Unless you're being literal as they didn't compete but got blown out.

They beat out Minnesota in a week division and lost to Ohio State 59-0. You are correct that I don't "really" consider that competing for the conference title. It's the type of loss that got Pelini fired.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, nobody in Wisconsin was excited about Anderson being the coach. This probably sounds like sour grapes, but it's the truth. It was surprising that he left but nobody actually cares that he left.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOOD...then you won't mind IF State borrows your DC Aranda for a few mores years before he strikes off on his own?

Signed..."STILL STUNNED"

posted by Mike Fiammetta on Dec 10, 2014
Assistant coaches that may leave Wisconsin with Gary Andersen to Oregon State include Dave Aranda, TJ Woods and Chad Kauhaahaa

— Kevin Graham (@KevinGrahamWEEI) December 11, 2014
Here's where the other foot drops -- who's staying at Wisconsin, and who's following Gary Andersen to Oregon State? According to this report from WEEI.com, Andersen could take defensive coordinator Dave Aranda, offensive line coach T.J. Woods, and defensive line coach Chad Kauha'aha'a. They're, umm, probably definitely Wisconsin's three best assistant coaches.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOOD...then you won't mind IF State borrows your DC Aranda for a few mores years before he strikes off on his own?

Signed..."STILL STUNNED"

You're talking about the same DC whose defense was just curbstomped 59-0, right? LOL, I'm sure Wiscy fans are going to miss that guy.....

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're talking about the same DC whose defense was just curbstomped 59-0, right? LOL, I'm sure Wiscy fans are going to miss that guy.....

Just one game of 26 played by Anderson and his DC at Consin....we as humans are not perfect all the time. Congrats to the Buckeyes for shutting down the Consin run game and knowing what the Badgers were going to do on defense. I tip me ballcapper to Urban et al, terrific game by them.

One man's garbage is another man's gold.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had the #5 ranked defense despite losing nine starters from last year. He coaches the LBs and had zero returning starters while losing the B1G POY and presumptive NFL Rookie of the Year....and they improved!

Aranda is amazing. I would be very sad to see him go. He'd be a much bigger asset to us, as he would have control of the defense (Chryst is an offensive guru, Andersen is a defensive guru). I expect he will have an offer to remain our DC and I hope he takes it.