• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gary Anderson new Beaver coach.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting with Nebraska fans will drop a person's IQ level at least 20 points.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old school...Beavers wanna run the rwak-n-block!

Let's see last time we went with this philosophy was R Pettybone, but that was the wishbone then. This time smells like Roses to me.

I'm all warm-n-fuzzy inside today.

from all that jizz you've been swallowing. :rollseyes:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little surprised by the destination, but not that he left. There were quotes out there about issues with regards to control and assistant pay, with focus on the latter.

Its why Oregon State is a head-scratcher. Their budget is zilch. But I was expecting to lose him if there was a good big-budget or NFL job. I honestly thought he'd be at Arizona State next year after Graham bailed. Or maybe Oklahoma State if Gundy left.

Good instincts. I'm pretty sure he'd have been on top of our short list if Graham moves on to one of the top level jobs or the NFL. Unless they believe Norvell will be ready, but I think he needs to HC at a lower level school first.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Nebraska and Ohio State fans circling the wounded Wisconsin fans looking to move in for the kill. My favorite was the "I'm really surprised Wisconsin is still a stepping-stone program." :laugh:

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first heard he was leaving, it was a bit of a shock. Then the details start to come in (especially regarding our academic standards being too tough) and it makes me feel better and better about the situation.

This move wasn't about him using Wisconsin to get a better job. It was about him not being a good enough recruiter or coach to be successful at a program with tough academic standards. I'm sorry, if you are willing to leave a program because of academic standards hurting your recruiting, you aren't cut out to coach student-athletes. I would much rather keep our academic standards in place and lose him, than the other way around.

If we end up with either of Bevell or Chryst as our HC, and retain Arranda as the DC, this could turn out really, really well.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first heard he was leaving, it was a bit of a shock. Then the details start to come in (especially regarding our academic standards being too tough) and it makes me feel better and better about the situation.

This move wasn't about him using Wisconsin to get a better job. It was about him not being a good enough recruiter or coach to be successful at a program with tough academic standards. I'm sorry, if you are willing to leave a program because of academic standards hurting your recruiting, you aren't cut out to coach student-athletes. I would much rather keep our academic standards in place and lose him, than the other way around.

If we end up with either of Bevell or Chryst as our HC, and retain Arranda as the DC, this could turn out really, really well.

Chryst recently told the media he learned everything he knows about offense from coach Riley, so you're in good hands, young padawan.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The finalists for the head coaching job at Wisconsin are:

Will Muschamp
John Gruden
Charlie Weiss
Lou Holtz
Lane Kiffen

:bolt:

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The finalists for the head coaching job at Wisconsin are:

Will Muschamp
John Gruden
Charlie Weiss
Lou Holtz
Lane Kiffen

:bolt:

put-that-evil-on-me.gif

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's some good homerism spin right there.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Nebraska and Ohio State fans circling the wounded Wisconsin fans looking to move in for the kill. My favorite was the "I'm really surprised Wisconsin is still a stepping-stone program." :laugh:

I'm thinking we need a 'circling vultures' smiley option?

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some good homerism spin right there.

I'm an alumnus of Wisconsin first, and a sports fan second. I love the culture around our football program, and the success we've been enjoying recently, but the quality of education that I got in Madison is far, far more important.

If I had to decide between our academic integrity and the strength of our football recruiting classes, I'm going with academics 1000 times out of 1000. And I am proud as fuck that we hold ourselves to that standard when it comes to our athletes. I'm proud as fuck that while other schools churn out Heisman winners in guys like Manziel, Griffin, and Newton, we are quietly producing the NFL with elite, class players like Joe Thomas, JJ Watt & Russell Wilson.

And maybe this academic standards thing means we will never get a top 10 recruiting class. I can live with that. I'm more than happy with the way our program takes unheralded recruits (Jared Abbrederis, JJ Watt, Chris Maragos, Mark Tauscher and Jim Leonhard were all walk-ons) and makes them into NFL caliber players.

Obviously it isn't a great situation. But if we can come out of it with Chryst & Arranda, or Bevell & Arranda, we're absolutely in a better position than we were at the start of this year.