• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gary Anderson new Beaver coach.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badger fans be like "Oh no we suck again".

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he take a step backwards. Makes no sense. I guess its a comfort zone.
Some coaches can't handle the pressure in a big time program.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell leaves Wisconsin for Oregon State?? Wisconsin is the 2nd best program in the B1G, Oregon State is always going to be the 2nd job in the State of Oregon.

I'm stumped on this one. :scratch: go figure.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell leaves Wisconsin for Oregon State?? Wisconsin is the 2nd best program in the B1G, Oregon State is always going to be the 2nd job in the State of Oregon.
:agree:

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a shock to a lot of fans. Most that I know aren't really upset he left for something else, but they weren't calling for his head, or expecting a firing or departure. He seemed like a good guy had some good and some bad coaching moments. Only 2 years into a program, it's hardly something to get too excited about. up and down is expected, at least by people that know what it takes to be successful.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please find links to any Wisconsin people yelling for Anderson's head. I am sure there will be some from the 1% lunatic fringe. But I have VERY good friends in Madison, WI, and this is a shocker to them.

On BTN Live, Barry Alvarez stated he was surprised by Andersen's resignation. Andersen came to Alvarez's office to tell him the news face-to-face, but Alvarez was stuck in New York with a flight delay. So, instead, Gary Andersen called Alvarez to tell him.

This was not a hot-seat issue (why would someone fabricate/perpetuate this with absolutely no evidence)?

IMO, it might be an issue involving the amount of control allowed by Alvarez at Wisconsin........perhaps he keeps his coaches on a short leash? Too much control by Alvarez?......I dunno, I'm just guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you haven't a clue. Of course you're a Nebraska fan so being clueless is nothing new for you.

:L

Where exactly have you heard that he is on the hot seat? Even the Badger fans on here have said that he wasn't. You are the only person that even thinks this is close to true. Quit making up shit you know nothing about and stick to your Cowboys football. This isn't the NFL where they fire coaches after one or two season all the time. Coaches don't get fired for going 19-7 in two years except for scandal.

Lol @ you of all people calling someone else clueless especially since nobody agrees with you.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On BTN Live, Barry Alvarez stated he was surprised by Andersen's resignation. Andersen came to Alvarez's office to tell him the news face-to-face, but Alvarez was stuck in New York with a flight delay. So, instead, Gary Andersen called Alvarez to tell him.

This was not a hot-seat issue (why would someone fabricate/perpetuate this with absolutely no evidence)?

Just guessing but it sounds like Avarez is a hard man to work for. I think he is still involved in football. I heard some comments alluding to that when Beliema left. Anderson might have had a problem with that

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where exactly have you heard that he is on the hot seat? Even the Badger fans on here have said that he wasn't. You are the only person that even thinks this is close to true. Quit making up shit you know nothing about and stick to your Cowboys football. This isn't the NFL where they fire coaches after one or two season all the time. Coaches don't get fired for going 19-7 in two years except for scandal.

Lol @ you of all people calling someone else clueless especially since nobody agrees with you.
I'll say again that Anderson had one foot on a banana peel and the other out the door. I predicted this would happen after Wisconsin was blown out by Ohio State last week. Losing 59-0 in the biggest game of the year gets coaches fired.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say again that Anderson had one foot on a banana peel and the other out the door. I predicted this would happen after Wisconsin was blown out by Ohio State last week. Losing 59-0 in the biggest game of the year gets coaches fired.

You can keep saying it as many times as you want, and the rest of us will continue to call you an idiot for it.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he take a step backwards. Makes no sense. I guess its a comfort zone.

Oregon st. Might be the coziest gig in the country from what I've gathered over the last week

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn karma is real. I don't feel remotely bad for their shit fan base.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can keep saying it as many times as you want, and the rest of us will continue to call you an idiot for it.
I really don't care what you or anyone else thinks. Do you know for a fact that he wasn't forced out? You can believe what you'd like but the truth will eventually come out.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except he wasn't fired and there is zero evidence or sources that show that he was. I will wait till you can find a legit source that says he was fired. Even Barry Alvarez said he was surprised by this. I guess you think if you keep saying it validates it and makes it more true.

You have less credibility than these two guys :markmay: :lou:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn karma is real. I don't feel remotely bad for their shit fan base.
I guess you and your fellow inbred fans are still butt-hurt over the beatings Wisconsin has given your team.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...Oregon State looks to be a winner hiring this guy today and I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks about Corvallis.

Gary will love it if he wants a quiet lazy conservative college town that just gave him FULL CONTROL in the "High Flyin" PAC12.
PRICELESS!

Last edited by a moderator:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except he wasn't fired and there is zero evidence or sources that show that he was. I will wait till you can find a legit source that says he was fired. Even Barry Alvarez said he was surprised by this. I guess you think if you keep saying it validates it and makes it more true.

You have less credibility than these two guys :markmay: :lou:
Like I said, the truth will come out eventually.