• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garoppolo Next Year?

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling like we can add Denver to the list since it's sounding more and more like Wilson/Rodgers are staying put. Who knows when the Watson drama will clear up. Changing my tune on Washington the more I think about it. I don't believe any of the shite from Rappaport or Schefter about Jimmy staying or the team not being sold on Lance... those two access journalists are just carrying water for the FO, trying to drive up his value in the press. We may be pleasantly surprised when it's all said and done. Other than the surgery news, the market is lining up about as favorable as you could hope.
I agree on Denver. They saw what they had in Bridgewater and Lock and...it wasn't good.

Is it me or does it seem strange that Jimmy's need for shoulder surgery surfaces now, less than 2 weeks from FA starting? Could hurt his trade value for sure b/c teams KNOW we're not keeping him. This talk that we might keep him is just the FO trying to pump up his value.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Denver. They saw what they had in Bridgewater and Lock and...it wasn't good.

Is it me or does it seem strange that Jimmy's need for shoulder surgery surfaces now, less than 2 weeks from FA starting? Could hurt his trade value for sure b/c teams KNOW we're not keeping him. This talk that we might keep him is just the FO trying to pump up his value.
I thought the surgery announcement would slow things down too, and it may... but there aren't really too many choices out there for vet QB. It's reasonable to assume that some teams might try to use it as leverage. But in a week, if they announce that the surgery was successful, I'm guessing it's game-on with all negotiations.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whelp... remove Denver from the list and add Seattle, I guess??

Gotta believe there are a bunch of pissed Seahawks fans today. I'm a relieved 49er fan, even if it means there's one less party at the table to trade for JG.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta believe there are a bunch of pissed Seahawks fans today. I'm a relieved 49er fan, even if it means there's one less party at the table to trade for JG.
I think Denver got a steal. 2 ones and 2 twos to go with a bad QB, a DL on the wrong side of 30, and a TE they weren't going to pick up the 5th year option on. If that seems like a lot, compare it to this--the Jets got 2 #1s for Jamal Adams. This isn't all that much more for a PB-level QB.

Yea, the Niners FO has to be happy to see Wilson leave the division. No matter how good/bad his team was, he always managed to beat us.

Not really sure that this effects Jimmy's trade market much.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ah shucks Seattle fans. Well, if your QB doesn't want to be there, then it wasn't going to work out anyway. Seattle needs to 'tear down' and rebuild anyway, so this is their start. Russell Wilson isn't young (33) so why not now.

Arizona with their QB issues too, ah shucks!

The Rams went to the hilt and now must "pay the cap piper". They MAY also have an issue with Donald, if he sticks with his demand to re-sign both Von Miller and OBJ?! Good luck Rams!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Denver got a steal. 2 ones and 2 twos to go with a bad QB, a DL on the wrong side of 30, and a TE they weren't going to pick up the 5th year option on. If that seems like a lot, compare it to this--the Jets got 2 #1s for Jamal Adams. This isn't all that much more for a PB-level QB.

Yea, the Niners FO has to be happy to see Wilson leave the division. No matter how good/bad his team was, he always managed to beat us.

Not really sure that this effects Jimmy's trade market much.
My opinion is this IS a lot to give up by Denver?! In theory they'll be a play-off team and hence have late 1st/2nd round picks. IF this plays out then yes it takes a lot of the value out, but it remains to be seen?

Look at what Seattle gave up in this draft (#10 overall), when two years ago they assumed it would be a late 1st. This is from the Jamaal Adams trade.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For this coming draft, Denver had #9 overall and #8 of the 2nd round.

I'm sure Seattle would've preferred a happy Russell Wilson, but their cap caught up with them. Like all NFL teams, you can't solidify every spot so their O-line took the 'brunt'. Also saw on Youtube the offensive players weren't happy with so much running.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For this coming draft, Denver had #9 overall and #8 of the 2nd round.

I'm sure Seattle would've preferred a happy Russell Wilson, but their cap caught up with them. Like all NFL teams, you can't solidify every spot so their O-line took the 'brunt'. Also saw on Youtube the offensive players weren't happy with so much running.
I have to wonder how Seattle fans are taking this news. With Wilson they've been a perennial playoff team--8 appearances in the last 10 years, but now they'll be a rebuilding team looking for a QB. I wonder how they'll take that.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a brief cruise through the Seattle forum, most of the Seattle fans are upset. “Essentially, the team has given up.” And “We didn’t get nearly enough for him.”

Some of the rather stupidly optimistic among them, seem to think they'll have no problem drafting another PB-level QB in the next couple of years. Hell, there are NFL teams that have spent a decade or more trying to do that.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have to wonder how Seattle fans are taking this news. With Wilson they've been a perennial playoff team--8 appearances in the last 10 years, but now they'll be a rebuilding team looking for a QB. I wonder how they'll take that.
They can't be anything but very dissapointed, but thats the nature of this cap era. You want an elite QB but then you have to spend a LOT to retain him. If you spend a lot on him, then the rest of the team suffers. The O-line suffered in their case so Wilson got frustrated. Unless a team is continuously successful with their drafts, its boom and bust cycles.

Nice to think said QB will keep his hit low.....for the team......but its a business and we can't blame them. Tom Brady did keep it low but he's a very unusual player in the history of the NFL.

We REALLY want Lance to become elite, but then he'll command a huge extension. This is fine as long as we fans understand there is less quality at other spotS.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From a brief cruise through the Seattle forum, most of the Seattle fans are upset. “Essentially, the team has given up.” And “We didn’t get nearly enough for him.”

Some of the rather stupidly optimistic among them, seem to think they'll have no problem drafting another PB-level QB in the next couple of years. Hell, there are NFL teams that have spent a decade or more trying to do that.
whaaaa???

Yep, very difficult in obtaining a PB level QB, very difficult.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw that... never thought I'd ever say this, but the Seahawks fanbase has been spoiled, lol. Couldn't be happier for them :-)

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably won't take much longer to move Jimmy now that Rodgers and Wilson are off the market. Jimmy has now become the #1 veteran option available for a team looking to be a serious playoff contender this coming season.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New landing spot identified... the Colts!!
Yeah to anyone who thinks Jimmy G has no trade market the Carson Wentz deal just proved you wrong. Jimmy is getting traded by the end of this weekend. He's not going to just be cut as some in the media have suggested.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah to anyone who thinks Jimmy G has no trade market the Carson Wentz deal just proved you wrong. Jimmy is getting traded by the end of this weekend. He's not going to just be cut as some in the media have suggested.
The Colts almost seems too perfect. They are a contender.... Wentz and JGs salaries for 2022 are almost identical... couple hour drive from JG's home town. Seems like a win-win, with Washington being the loser :-)

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on the Wentz trade.... might we expect 2 3rd round picks (with a potential for one of them to move up to a 2nd)?? Gotta figure the FO is holding out for something better than this. I would imagine that JG is higher on everyone's board than Wentz at this point.

The table is getting set better than I imagined. Feels like some sort of trade could get announced by the end of the week (crossing fingers).

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts almost seems too perfect. They are a contender.... Wentz and JGs salaries for 2022 are almost identical... couple hour drive from JG's home town. Seems like a win-win, with Washington being the loser :-)
Nice to see that Jimmy still has some kind of market, with all the talk that the Colts will take a run at him. Wentz had a middling year, and he didn't throw a lot of picks either. But he had melt downs at key moments that kept the playoff-ready Colts out of the playoffs (sounds like his time in Philly). It speaks volumes that Reich is ok with getting rid of him after just one year.

is Jimmy's market now two 3rds? Would the FO insist on getting a 2nd rd pick this year as part of the deal?