• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gameday Thread - At Steelers

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure it's preparing for the game - as shown by the four TD first half today. My greater concern is the total lack of adjustments at halftime as shown by no TDs in the second half of the last three games. Not sure if they can't or just won't. But that's a concern.

Yeah this is a huge problem I agree George.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think the questions about Osweiler are being answered at least. I say we could have a good one on our hands after Manning leaves.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, all those other people are wrong too. I say Elway is doing significantly better than 80-85 percent of his fellow GM's. People these days are way too impatient and want perfection or nothing. Well, be prepared for a LONG wait, because you're not going to get that.

Elway has turned this franchise around from being a losing team to a consistent winner. That's what a GM is supposed to do. The team has a good amount of talent. The GM is the one to bring that talent in house. The GM is the general. He sets the direction the team should go in, and does his best to find the best pieces. If people don't like the direction of the team, perhaps they prefer we become like the Browns or Lions? Maybe we can be more like the Cowboys with a GM who micro manages?

Elway was trying to build a team with the talent to win a Super Bowl. Well, he's got a team that's at least in contention. That's all you can ask of a good GM. I swear, some people want too much perfection, and start calling for people's heads when the slightest thing goes wrong. That's not how you run a successful football team. That's how you get a team like the Browns or the Lions, or the Raiders (look how long it took them to improve things there.) So no. Right now it's too early, and Elway has brought too much success to the Broncos for me to blame him or dislike the direction. Because if you don't like the direction the team has taken the past 4 years, the only REAL alternative back into the pits of futility.

Come back to me when we start losing more talent than we gain, and start stringing together losing seasons. THEN, I will consider blaming Elway. But at the moment I don't fault him for the direction of the team. Not very many GM's enjoy the same success he had had, and I refuse to toss that into the dumpster as easily as some others would. That's the quickest way to turn a good team into a perpetual loser.

I agree I think Elway does a great job here. Will I agree with all his choices NO but, I agree 90% of the time. I think Kubes hire was a mistake because I think Shanny tree should be put to pasture its old and tired imo. Also not hiring Kubes would avoid the I have to fire a friend scenerio that will happen at some point. At least we will get players here. I do think Elway's only weakness is HC hires so far I would think if wanted to go kicking or screaming you'd hire a different tempered HC this time not the same guy different name.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I think Elway does a great job here. Will I agree with all his choices NO but, I agree 90% of the time. I think Kubes hire was a mistake because I think Shanny tree should be put to pasture its old and tired imo. Also not hiring Kubes would avoid the I have to fire a friend scenerio that will happen at some point. At least we will get players here. I do think Elway's only weakness is HC hires so far I would think if wanted to go kicking or screaming you'd hire a different tempered HC this time not the same guy different name.
I can see what Elway was looking at with the Kubiak hire. He saw a proven championship formula, and brought in a crew to implement it. Sad thing is, I think we are one HEALTHY o-line away from that. Still we are in contention with a line in tatters.

I agree with one aspect that the Kubiak hire was a risk. But good GM's take that risk. The Shanahan hire was a similar risk IMO back in the day. So I can't fault Elway here. He took a risk on a HC that brings a style of play that succeeds. It's now up to Kubiak to perform. It's on him. That said, I will also give Kubiak a couple seasons to prove himself. I want to see if he's the type of HC who can learn from the mistakes he's made/ making. If we're not going anywhere by this time next season, then it's up to Elway to step in and make a move if needed. But for now, any blame I have for lack of success is going towards the coaches, not Elway.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see what Elway was looking at with the Kubiak hire. He saw a proven championship formula, and brought in a crew to implement it. Sad thing is, I think we are one HEALTHY o-line away from that. Still we are in contention with a line in tatters.

I agree with one aspect that the Kubiak hire was a risk. But good GM's take that risk. The Shanahan hire was a similar risk IMO back in the day. So I can't fault Elway here. He took a risk on a HC that brings a style of play that succeeds. It's now up to Kubiak to perform. It's on him. That said, I will also give Kubiak a couple seasons to prove himself. I want to see if he's the type of HC who can learn from the mistakes he's made/ making. If we're not going anywhere by this time next season, then it's up to Elway to step in and make a move if needed. But for now, any blame I have for lack of success is going towards the coaches, not Elway.

Good points

One question I ask is Shanny tree had succeeded in late 90's but, its 2015/16 not so sure your thinking doesn't need to evolve with the times at some point even if it goes against your comfort zone or the fond memories of the past. I thought Shanny scheme was stale when we fired him. For Denver's sake I hope Elway is right and I'm way wrong on this subject.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing in Kubes favor is Elway is GM not Shanny this time.

primetime714

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not enamored with Kubiak and didn't love the hiring, but for an offensive scheme that is built around OL play you have to give him a little bit of a pass given that the Broncos OL is easily one of the worst in the league.

Ultimately the biggest mistake the team (Elway and Kubiak more specifically) made was trying to cut corners on the OL. They went into the season with an immobile 40 year old QB and not a single proven locked-in OT (and not a ton on the interior either). To build a defense around getting after the QB its kind of amazing that they didn't build an offense that protects theirs. And isn't that a big reason why Seattle smoked us in the Superbowl?

That said the bright side of this is that the Broncos went into Pittsburg and went toe to toe with one of the most talented teams in the league despite some of their obvious weaknesses. The down side is at this rate they could easily be one and done in the playoffs and there is probably not a ton of hope to go to the Superbowl without some sort of revelation or a lot of luck.

primetime714

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and to add to my post above the even brighter side is that we know the team will at least be alright in the post-manning era. There shouldn't be much rebuilding as much as it is just retaining and adding (an entire OL) to what we have.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe we've got the Chefs breathing down our neck now. Is anyone else just a tad worried about having Phyllis and the Chuggers coming into Denver the last week of the year to potentially play spoiler? 4-10 or not, you know those asswipes are going to play us hard. Of course, we have to take down Cincy first next week......

Thank God for a short week. This game will have my stomach sour until Wed-Thurs at best.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please explain to me how Vasquez goes from pro bowl lineman to looking like one of the cops on the Benny Hill show. ( DC your gonna have to google that shit)

DenBronc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think the questions about Osweiler are being answered at least. I say we could have a good one on our hands after Manning leaves.

I agree. The Broncos need to leave him out there and give him a chance to grow and develop.

I don't want to be like the early to mid-90's Chiefs. They only drafted one QB in the first or second round (Matt Blundin, 1992), and didn't seem to develop him. They brought in Krieg and Montana, which is understandable, but by 1995, it should have been Blundin's show. They shouldn't have brought in another veteran (Bono) to play.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure it's preparing for the game - as shown by the four TD first half today. My greater concern is the total lack of adjustments at halftime as shown by no TDs in the second half of the last three games. Not sure if they can't or just won't. But that's a concern.

What I don't like and I'm seeing in Kubiak is a system guy. We need to win the "right way". Not sure what he means by right way but if his system is working great. Deviate from the system or the defense adjusts he does not counter.

Not fair to compare Kubes to BB but NE has a different game plan every week. Where is Jonas Gary now. Last year he was rushing for 200 yards against Indy. Next week Brady was throwing for 500.

One TD or FG in the 2nd half may have won yesterday. No time consuming drives in the 2nd half to kill clock or flip the field.

Colquitt suck not once did he flip the field instead he had several punts that set up Pits at their own 40. Thank god the defense play well

OMG, we say this every week but Colquitt is not pulling his weight .

Yesterday would have been a humongous win.

Crossroads. The 97 team or the 2008 team. Unfortunately I sense the 2008 team that collapsed on the stretch

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Andrew Mason, Since 1998 up through Dec 1 2015, Denver has only blown 2 halftime leads where they led by 10+ points.
Now it has happened in back to back weeks .
3 straight weeks shutout in the 2nd half
6 straight games no points in the 3rd quarter.

That my friends is on coaching and just not at halftime when you really have 12 minutes which is taken up by other tedious stuff like rest. It's about adjusting after 3 straight 3 and outs to start the 2nd half.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you have valid points but this mentality that winning the Division is great or making the playoffs or making the Super Bowl but lose is ok just isn't the way I think. I expected this team to have double digit wins. I expected this team and the others under Elway to win divisions and make the Super Bowl but it's time for a Super Bowl victory or otherwise it's orange slices and pizza for everyone. It's not pee wee football and I honestly believe the talent on this team is as good as any ones (except ol line and a 3rd wr threat) and seeing another season go to waste when the defense is as good as it is and the weapons on offense except the o line (young in some spots)is as good as they are but not performing is unacceptable. How can you play great one half and absolutely suck the next? If it's coaching that's on Elway as well as the coaches. If it's the players that's on Elway as well as the players. Maybe things will turn around and by no means are the Broncos done (something positive for you Malibu haters)but if any of you are satisfied only with a Division titles or playoff appearances I just won't be and I hope the Broncos don't ever see it that way as well or else that's part of the problem. Like I said beat the Bengals and then hopefully everything looks better but it should be Super Bowl victory or bust when it comes to a franchise like the Denver Broncos or else the standards of this franchise have really changed and fans should feel the same way. Peace.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn`t read all the other posts but SS hit the nail on the head. For some reason and for so long, this team has been terrible with halftime adjustments. It`s a real head scratcher. I would like someone to look up how many times Denver has played 2 solid halfs in a game in last 5 yrs. I`ll just bet you can count them on one hand. I give up trying to understand it. No lead is safe with Denver. :(

That would be your OL coach

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please explain to me how Vasquez goes from pro bowl lineman to looking like one of the cops on the Benny Hill show. ( DC your gonna have to google that shit)

This is what I remember most about The Benny Hill Show

1981-82 and 14 years old LOL

splendide21.jpg