• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 13): RAMS vs. 49ERS

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm extremely glad Brooks is having a great year because the Niners seriously need to trade him in the offseason.

No thanks. He rounds out that LB core just right. Guy has been lights out this year.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm extremely glad Brooks is having a great year because the Niners seriously need to trade him in the offseason.

I fully realize Sick's gonna Sick and that you're never going to change your mind once you have a cockamamie plan in your head but you've got to be reasonable about this one.

If we have a good replacement and we get good value then fine, trade him. But were talking about an All-pro talent here and no one (including your boy) has proven to be anywhere close to his replacement yet. We don't NEED to trade him. Especially considering our window is now and the next couple of seasons and we already have a buttload of draft picks.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Branch:

Ahmad Brooks (8.5 sacks) & Aldon Smith (6.5) could be first #49ers with at least 10 sacks in same season since 1998 (Doleman and Barker).

My memory sucks. I don't even remember a guy named Barker.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully realize Sick's gonna Sick and that you're never going to change your mind once you have a cockamamie plan in your head but you've got to be reasonable about this one.

If we have a good replacement and we get good value then fine, trade him. But were talking about an All-pro talent here and no one (including your boy) has proven to be anywhere close to his replacement yet. We don't NEED to trade him. Especially considering our window is now and the next couple of seasons and we already have a buttload of draft picks.

I think the 49ers may be thinking Lemonier is that guy. But Brooks is playing very well. Had he not got that shitty call on Brees I think he would have been Defensive Player of the Week along with his sweet INT.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 49ers may be thinking Lemonier is that guy. But Brooks is playing very well. Had he not got that shitty call on Brees I think he would have been Defensive Player of the Week along with his sweet INT.

If Lemon could replace him and play at a similar level (or better) and they could get a good pick for Brooks I'm all for it. But we are nowhere close to that point. Right now we have a rookie who has shown some very limited flashes and a guy who is playing like an All-Pro.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lemon could replace him and play at a similar level (or better) and they could get a good pick for Brooks I'm all for it. But we are nowhere close to that point. Right now we have a rookie who has shown some very limited flashes and a guy who is playing like an All-Pro.

We agree. I wonder if the 49ers do.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't care much about this pick when we made it back in April, but for some odd reason, I am a big fan of his 6 months later. He's no Crabtree but I'm excited to see what he brings to our offense as a #4 receiver when we play the Hawks:

Quinton Patton - WR - 49ers

Quinton Patton (foot) practiced for the first time since Week 4 on Wednesday.

Patton broke his foot in the Week 4 Thursday night game against the Rams and has been sidelined ever since. He likely got in a limited session. We wouldn't expect the rookie to return to the field this week, but he should be back before the regular season is through. Patton will be the Niners' No. 4 receiver.
Source: Eric Branch on Twitter

Nov 27 - 7:12 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope we continue to limit him in practice for the rest of the season. He doesn't need to practice 5 days a week. 4 hard days and unlimited film session is more than enough for him IMO, I have noticed that he is beginning to show more confidence each week.

Mario Manningham - WR - 49ers

Mario Manningham (knee) did not practice Wednesday.

On a short week after the 49ers just played on Monday night, Manningham is likely just getting some rest. With Michael Crabtree returning to action this week, Manningham's already minimal fantasy value takes a hit. He's a WR5/6.
Source: Matt Barrows on Twitter

Nov 27 - 7:14 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zac Stacy - RB - Rams

Zac Stacy (concussion) did not practice Wednesday.

Stacy reportedly "did a little" in the walkthrough and did some running on the side. Coach Jeff Fisher said Stacy is "doing well" and is going through concussion protocol. The fact that he was at least running and exercising is a positive sign. Stacy still needs to be cleared and will hopefully get in some practice reps later this week. His status will be updated again no later than Thursday.
Source: Nick Wagoner on Twitter

Nov 27 - 3:57 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Michael Crabtree - WR - 49ers

Michael Crabtree (Achilles') was a full participant in Wednesday's practice.

Crabtree isn't even listed on the injury report as he prepares to play in his first game since last year's Super Bowl. Barring a setback, he'll suit up against the Rams and play limited snaps as he works his way back into shape. Coach Jim Harbaugh was coy when asked about Crabtree's role, saying, "Let's just take it one day at a time."
Source: ESPN.com

Nov 28 - 9:12 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zac Stacy - RB - Rams

Zac Stacy (concussion) was spotted running sprints on the side of practice Wednesday.

We now know Stacy has been cleared for exercise, which is a surefire sign his concussion is not tremendously severe. Per beat writer Nick Wagoner, the rookie "appeared to be in pretty good shape." It doesn't necessarily mean Stacy will get cleared for Sunday's game in San Francisco, but it does suggest that this won't be a multi-week injury. Still, owners needing to set lineups Thursday will be in a pickle. We have no idea yet if Stacy will suit up this week and the Rams probably don't know either.
Source: ESPN.com

Nov 28 - 7:46 AM

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My memory sucks. I don't even remember a guy named Barker.

Roy Barker. Played his first 4 years in Minnesota and then his next three with San Francisco before finishing his career with Cleveland AND Green Bay in 99 and then back to Minnesota in 2000 for his final season. He had 12.5, 5.5, and 12 sacks in his three seasons with the 49ers. He also forced EIGHT fumbles in 1997. Pretty dang solid while with the 49ers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roy Barker. Played his first 4 years in Minnesota and then his next three with San Francisco before finishing his career with Cleveland AND Green Bay in 99 and then back to Minnesota in 2000 for his final season. He had 12.5, 5.5, and 12 sacks in his three seasons with the 49ers. He also forced EIGHT fumbles in 1997. Pretty dang solid while with the 49ers.

Ya,I remember him now. Last night the name Roy Barker popped into my head and I was wondering if that was who it was.