• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread: Packers @ Niners

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the really interesting things last night was Manning playing off of the Ravens' expectations and "inside information" about his line calls. They thought they knew things, and he masterfully misled them.
With all the fear of Tolzien knowing too much, I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh & co. have worked up some similar misdirections and trickery to take advantage of what the Pack thinks they know.

I had the same thought when I heard that because I believe Harbaugh is smart enough to do that as well; to make them think something is coming from a formation and then do something different.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im so ready for this game. Great game by Payton last night. 7 TDs. Damn. I hope this 49er team comes out like that.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Harbaugh and staff are the Alexander The Great of football.

What I mean is they are going to flip the chessboard to see what their opponent sees and guess their moves and develop tactics to defeat those moves.

Just like in the regular season game in 2011 against the Giants we had them so convinced we were going to pound it with Gore we caught them off guard by throwing it most the game and it was too late before they could readjust.

Of course on the flip side this leads to some trouble because at times Roman can over think things when sometimes the simple play is the best one.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bad feeling that Mathews is right. I think the 49ers are going to struggle on offense and this is going to be a very tough game; especially now that they'll know what we are going to do out of just about every formation.

WOW is that how it works on this board.

Say something wrong against the Fuhrer and get a negative rating?

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny-hitler10.jpg

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of the really interesting things last night was Manning playing off of the Ravens' expectations and "inside information" about his line calls. They thought they knew things, and he masterfully misled them.

With all the fear of Tolzien knowing too much, I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh & co. have worked up some similar misdirections and trickery to take advantage of what the Pack thinks they know.

the execution by our players is the largest factor, regardless of what GB knows or think they know. totally fine with a little "misdirection", but we don't need "trickery".

we shouldn't get far from what we do, else more chances of miscommunication and hence....mistakes and penalties.

just play solid D and mistake free ST's, our offense will score enough to win.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need it to be Sunday! Taking too long!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the execution by our players is the largest factor, regardless of what GB knows or think they know. totally fine with a little "misdirection", but we don't need "trickery".

we shouldn't get far from what we do, else more chances of miscommunication and hence....mistakes and penalties.

just play solid D and mistake free ST's, our offense will score enough to win.

My biggest fear is that the defense plays passive and lets Rodgers tear the secondary up. I hope they go after him and make it hot for him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need it to be Sunday! Taking too long!

Here's for tonight. Every win, especially against the Packers, is good...

[YOUTUBE]AegU0v17-dE[/YOUTUBE]

Here's for tomorrow night. Have to save the best 2012-13 win against the Packers for last.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am starting to feel anxious.... anyone else?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Captains for the 49ers picked. PWillie, Cowboy, and the Kaeptain

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont think the packers can stop our offense. question is, can we get after rodgers to stop him?