• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread: Packers @ Niners

Madskillz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aldon smith

Is he going to be availble for this game? I read some articles that he could b facing criminal charges.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is he going to be availble for this game? I read some articles that he could b facing criminal charges.

That's WAY down the pipe. It definitely won't affect this week, and is unlikely to have any bearing on this season. The charges are limited to possessing rifles that are legal in AZ, where he bought them, but not legal in CA. Those can be fairly significant charges, but I don't think much is likely to come of this.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not intended to be a trollish response because I am truly curious and I would take the word of a Packer fan who probably watches every minute of every Packer game over what I see a couple times per year. How do you consider your OL better this year then last when Bulaga goes down to injury? Wasn't he one of your best OL last season?

In the playoff game Bulaga was not even on the field he was out the last 8 weeks of the season with a hip injury. The left tackle in the playoff game was Marshall Newhouse. Marshall Newhouse is now on the Bench as a backup tackle for either side if one were to get injured. We also now have our best guard all pro Sitton on Rodgers left side to help protect him better as last year he was right side. It must have been determined that the rookie at left tackle is better than Marshall Newhouse who you played against in the playoffs since Newhouse is now on the bench. The right tackle Barclay is the same as last year.

So I guess us Packer fans are thinking the oline is better than the playoff game last year because one of the starters we had then is now on the bench and because we have out best O line man Sitton on Rodgers left side.

There are many things 40 fans are overlooking thinking they will be getting a Packer team coming in that is about the same or worse than the game that ended the season for the Packers last year. It will be a fun game to watch and I am guessing it will be much more entertaining

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Patrick Willis - LB - 49ers

Patrick Willis was not wearing a glove or extra padding on his broken right hand during Wednesday's practice.

Willis has full clearance to play in Sunday's showdown with the Packers. The six-time Pro Bowler (in six NFL seasons) is practicing in full. Willis comes in at No. 6 in our Week 1 IDP rankings, behind only Luke Kuechly, Chad Greenway, teammate Navorro Bowman, Paul Posluszny and Sean Lee.
Source: CSN Bay Area

Sep 5 - 12:36 PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was funny that the Packers were getting ready all offseason for the 49ers. Hey packers we are just 1 game. I guess beating makes your season. LOL

they're butthurt

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, just play the game. Stop talking about it because if you lose it looks really bad.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Got a chuckle out of this, Roman on Tolzien to GB:

"I think it's really going to come down to the players on the field," Roman said. "I mean, I could say something clever like, 'Once they think they have all the answers, we change the questions.' And that may or may not be true. But I'm not going to say that."

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move Jim, put them all on notice that you are going to be watching very very carefully. I always thought Phil Jackson was a master at this, complain about things the other team was "getting away with" and many times the whistles would blow the next game.

And would the NFL really like to see Kaep out for the season?

He might get in trouble again for trying to intimidate the refs through the press or whatever that nonsense was last year

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"One of the things that the referees have told us is that when these quarterbacks carry out the fakes, they lose their right as a quarterback, a pocket-passing quarterback, the protection of a quarterback," Matthews said. "So with that, you do have to take your shots on the quarterback, and obviously they're too important to their offense.
"If that means they pull them out of that type of offense and make them run a traditional, drop-back, pocket-style offense, I think that's exactly what we're going for. So you want to put hits as early and often on the quarterback and make them uncomfortable." Clay Matthews.

No smart member of any team would say this out loud. His hair is getting in his eyes.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One of the really interesting things last night was Manning playing off of the Ravens' expectations and "inside information" about his line calls. They thought they knew things, and he masterfully misled them.

With all the fear of Tolzien knowing too much, I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh & co. have worked up some similar misdirections and trickery to take advantage of what the Pack thinks they know.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One of the really interesting things last night was Manning playing off of the Ravens' expectations and "inside information" about his line calls. They thought they knew things, and he masterfully misled them.

With all the fear of Tolzien knowing too much, I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh & co. have worked up some similar misdirections and trickery to take advantage of what the Pack thinks they know.

I thought about that, too. Though Manning's ability to take advantage of that probably outstrips Kap's ability to do so just a little bit right now.