• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread: Packers @ Niners

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not worried, I think it will be a great game but what the packers dont understand is that Kap can throw the ball. He doesnt need to run to win the game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really boils down to something quite simple.

our O-line and TEs are better than their front 7, and our front 7 is better than their O-line.

We'll win the game in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

It's really that simple.

Since I agree with ou on those points I hope you are right. Their Qb worries me though.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Given what we've seen out of our pass rushers in the preseason, I'm very interested to see what they do in their first "live" action. The Smith's have been absolutely flinging people all over the field, and the Packers have big questions along the OL.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers are going down in a decisive 49ers victory just like the last two times.

Hands down, our roster and coaching staff are better than theirs. The only reason this is even a discussion is because they have Aaron Rodgers, but he can't carry the entire team.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck this Sunday. I don't think it will be as bad of a blowout as the playoff game, but still expect SF to win. GB just doesn't match up. Our OL is bad (not as bad as last year IMO), we don't have Casey (not an excuse as his impact wouldn't change the outcome of the game) and while I strongly believe the defense has made improvements, still doesn't match up well against SF.

49ers 31
Packers 24

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Packers are going down in a decisive 49ers victory just like the last two times.

Hands down, our roster and coaching staff are better than theirs. The only reason this is even a discussion is because they have Aaron Rodgers, but he can't carry the entire team.

You could have argued in the past that Aaron Rodgers was the one dynamic player that could lift the Pack over the 49ers, but now I think Kaep is equally as dynamic so the Rodgers effect is neturalized IMHO.

What NOBODY it talking about is the Packers 4th round rookie LT against the Smiths. Look out! That should be headline news, not that Matthews BS.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What NOBODY it talking about is the Packers 4th round rookie LT against the Smiths. Look out! That should be headline news, not that Matthews BS.

Aldon isn't (1) a packer and (2) flamboyant, so the media considers him just another player.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck this Sunday. I don't think it will be as bad of a blowout as the playoff game, but still expect SF to win. GB just doesn't match up. Our OL is bad (not as bad as last year IMO), we don't have Casey (not an excuse as his impact wouldn't change the outcome of the game) and while I strongly believe the defense has made improvements, still doesn't match up well against SF.

49ers 31
Packers 24

This is not intended to be a trollish response because I am truly curious and I would take the word of a Packer fan who probably watches every minute of every Packer game over what I see a couple times per year. How do you consider your OL better this year then last when Bulaga goes down to injury? Wasn't he one of your best OL last season?

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not intended to be a trollish response because I am truly curious and I would take the word of a Packer fan who probably watches every minute of every Packer game over what I see a couple times per year. How do you consider your OL better this year then last when Bulaga goes down to injury? Wasn't he one of your best OL last season?

Bulaga went out for the season in week 9 last year. The LT from last year (Newhouse) got beat out by both our current tackles and is on the bench. Also the current RT who replaced Bulaga last year and is starting again this year was an UDFA rookie (very raw) and has looked improved so far. We'll see if it really is improved overall but it looks better so far than what we finished the season with last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
9ers are just a bad matchup for the Packers so I expect us to win but with Aaron Rodgers at the helm you can never be too sure and the Packers will always be a dangerous team.

The one area I'd exploit is the Packers seem hyper focused on the read option which could be used against them as they might be inclined to overreact to it so I would hit them with a heavy dose of play action out of it.

Or just not run it at all. Since the RO was new and successful last season it seems many forget our offense is still potent without it and the RO option just makes it even more potent.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers are just a bad matchup for the Packers so I expect us to win but with Aaron Rodgers at the helm you can never be too sure and the Packers will always be a dangerous team.

The one area I'd exploit is the Packers seem hyper focused on the read option which could be used against them as they might be inclined to overreact to it so I would hit them with a heavy dose of play action out of it.

Or just not run it at all. Since the RO was new and successful last season it seems many forget our offense is still potent without it and the RO option just makes it even more potent.

Good point. I bet Roman is thinking the same thing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was funny that the Packers were getting ready all offseason for the 49ers. Hey packers we are just 1 game. I guess beating makes your season. LOL

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was funny that the Packers were getting ready all offseason for the 49ers. Hey packers we are just 1 game. I guess beating makes your season. LOL

They made learning the RO and improving against it a priority in the offseason. Open up against SF and WAS and I still believe Packers win the division. Two teams really standin in the way for GB (and are better) will once again be SEA and SF. That's a big reason why it was a priority. They didnt focus entirely just on that

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They made learning the RO and improving against it a priority in the offseason. Open up against SF and WAS and I still believe Packers win the division. Two teams really standin in the way for GB (and are better) will once again be SEA and SF. That's a big reason why it was a priority. They didnt focus entirely just on that

Yeah, I think that's fair. You've got literally half of the NFC playoff teams from last year running heavy RO concepts. Packers will need to get a handle on that to advance in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't see too much of it this week, though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1