• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (Divisional Playoffs) 49ERS @ PANTHERS

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way the Saints are beating Seattle, as much as I'd like to see it happen. The Saints got absolutely manhandled, and Seattle now has Percy Harvin. It's going to be like 27-13 or something.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading that Rogers still hasn't practiced. I'd be fine with holding him out this week if he's not close to 100%. The Panthers only have three WRs anyway, and Smith won't be 100%. I don't think we've got a huge need for our nickel corner this week.

I agree, I think we can beat Carolina without him, at least the game is not going to be dependent on him. I'd rather he was healthy for next week if we get that far.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was reading that Rogers still hasn't practiced. I'd be fine with holding him out this week if he's not close to 100%. The Panthers only have three WRs anyway, and Smith won't be 100%. I don't think we've got a huge need for our nickel corner this week.

Carlos Rogers - DB - 49ers

49ers LCB Carlos Rogers (hamstring) has yet to resume practicing.

It sounds like Rogers is going to miss his second consecutive playoff game. It would leave Tramaine Brock, Tarell Brown and Perrish Cox as the 49ers' top three corners. Cox manned the slot against Green Bay.
Source: San Jose Mercury News

Jan 9 - 5:20 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Steve Smith - WR - Panthers

Steve Smith (knee) had a setback in Thursday's practice, and downgraded his health from 71 percent to 57 percent.

Smith was officially "limited," as he was on Wednesday. "It didn’t go as well as I hoped," Smith said afterward. Smith's status is in doubt for Sunday's game against the 49ers, but even if he can barely move, he's still likely to be active as a decoy. Going into the biggest game of his young career, Cam Newton is going to be seriously lacking for effective targets with Smiff banged up.
Source: Jonathan Jones on Twitter

Jan 9 - 2:48 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tre' Jackson - G - Seminoles

Florida State RG Tre' Jackson will return to school in 2014.

Jackson joins left tackle Cameron Erving and wide receiver Rashad Greene in returning. The right guard is one of the Seminoles' most consistent offensive linemen and only helps Jameis Winston in terms of repeating his production of the 2013 season.
Source: FSU Football on Twitter

Jan 9 - 9:50 AM

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Kaepernick is going to have to play better than in those games, and much better than he did against Green Bay. I think he can play well enough to win against Carolina with Crabtree back and Vernon Davis not out most of the game like last time.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
is that really a surprise? most players have worse statistics against play-off teams, either side of the ball.

To an extent, I would say those aren't worse, those are terrible. I think Kaep turns it around Sunday