• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (Divisional Playoffs) 49ERS @ PANTHERS

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
won't go this far cause there are always concerns on a dreaded "any given Sunday"? sometimes a sports team just goes flat for whatever reasons. or the opponent is flat out HOT that day.

but ok, if we limit the mistakes (turnovers, penalties, and wasted timeouts), we'll be in the game no doubt.

there will likely be bad calls and bad non-calls, but just play on till the end. after the game is over, doesn't matter if a bad call is confirmed/admitted by the NFL.

They had several drops on longer balls, and some missed throws, though. Anyone thinking this game will be an easy game is fooling themselves IMO. We'll have traveled further this week (roughly 6,000 miles without considering the return flight) than Chicago and Green Bay traveled all season, and have an early start against a very good defense in what could be wet conditions. It's going to be a tough game.

I totally forgot about those drops. They did have quire a few that helped lol

Oh believe me I don't think it's going to be easy at all. As my post above says, I may be less nervous on this game than last game it doesn't mean shit. I will be On the edge of my seat nervous as he'll all game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. Any given Sunday

While I'm not as nervous for this one as I was for Green Bay. It still doesn't mean shit lol

hmm....me too, but asking myself why?

IMO Carolina is just as good if not better than Green Bay, but that icy cold stuff can be an equalizer. also, when we think of opponents, we almost always think of their passing game first. so I was concerned with Aaron Rodgers being "hot".

bottom line is I'm not respecting Carolina's offense as much as GB's, but I should because no reason Newton couldn't get hot?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm....me too, but asking myself why?

IMO Carolina is just as good if not better than Green Bay, but that icy cold stuff can be an equalizer. also, when we think of opponents, we almost always think of their passing game first. so I was concerned with Aaron Rodgers being "hot".

bottom line is I'm not respecting Carolina's offense as much as GB's, but I should because no reason Newton couldn't get hot?

Ya with Rodgers it just makes the pack a scary team. Plus the cold weather had me a little worried.

Maybe it's because also what we have come to know. The packers have been good for a while and the panthers are having there first year of success in a while. I'm just used to seeing them not in the dance. Again that doesn't mean I don't think they are good. Just what my mind thinks.

It will be another slugfest.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And consider that he's the only real deep threat on the team. Imagine if the Niners also had Desean Jackson on the field at the same time. With Kaepernick's arm defenses wouldn't know what to do. Especially w/ the current WR(s) catching stuff underneath.

That's why I'm not opposed to the idea of trading up for Watkins or Lee. It's not my first choice, but one of those guys could do some serious damage in the Niners' offense IMO.

Yes. I'm happy to see that you're starting to open up a bit to the idea of trading up for him. It appears as though you have been evaluating him a bit more closer and have come to the realization that he is worth it. You were singing a different tune many weeks ago (post 37):

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...25190-would-you-trade-up-sammy-watkins-3.html

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I hope we add to the playbook is a little known play called the QB Sneak.

I never understood why we don't use it more in those situations that call for inches and less than a yard.

We'd be more successful with Kap keeping it because handing it off to Gore and whoever plays fullback gives the defense more time to crash the middle of the line and stuff the run.

Having Kap keep it allows him to get behind Goodwin and Iupati quicker and squeeze in those inches.

Yuck! You didn't re-read your post before you hit "submit" did you?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
won't go this far cause there are always concerns on a dreaded "any given Sunday"? sometimes a sports team just goes flat for whatever reasons. or the opponent is flat out HOT that day.

but ok, if we limit the mistakes (turnovers, penalties, and wasted timeouts), we'll be in the game no doubt.

there will likely be bad calls and bad non-calls, but just play on till the end. after the game is over, doesn't matter if a bad call is confirmed/admitted by the NFL.

Harbaugh's penchant for playing conservatively makes for close games where one mistake can kill you, so I'm always worried but the 49ers are the better team and should win.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Crabs and Vernon playing- I feel pretty good about this game. It will most likely be close and scrappy, but I think the 49ers make just enough plays to pull it off. Carolina has no playoff experience and I see Newton making some costly mistakes.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to get our red zone offense going in this game. Even though it could be a defensive and fg battle. Our team needs to punch those TDs in every chance we get. Hate having to settle for field Goals.

The panthers defense is tough, so any chance we get in that redZone we have to take advantage.

Is it Sunday yet? I seriously ask this everyday. The week takes so long! Lol

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to catch the NFL replay of wk 10 today at 3pmET but i remember this game we kicked a FG at their 2 yard line with 1 yard for a first down...

We need to take chances cuz we already know FGs won't blow teams out and keeps opponents in the game... Touchdowns are the breadmaker in this battle and we need to get them!

Panthers is going to play hard on defense and I hope Kap keeps his focus and Crabtree really makes the difference we're hoping/assuming he will.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have to get our red zone offense going in this game. Even though it could be a defensive and fg battle. Our team needs to punch those TDs in every chance we get. Hate having to settle for field Goals.

The panthers defense is tough, so any chance we get in that redZone we have to take advantage.

Is it Sunday yet? I seriously ask this everyday. The week takes so long! Lol

Yes, I was really worried against GB when we dominated early but only got up 6-0. They score once and take the lead.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched the NFL replay, boy we could've kept running and running against them... Our OL can push them back or get on the blocks. I hope we don't abandon the run so early or easily this time around...

Kap needs to let the ball go quicker than wait n wait...I'd imagine the inside rushers will hold contain and wait for Kap to step up n attempt to run... this is when Kap needs to hit his checkdowns... it will work!

lets go!!!! 3 days mother fuckers!!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Was reading that Rogers still hasn't practiced. I'd be fine with holding him out this week if he's not close to 100%. The Panthers only have three WRs anyway, and Smith won't be 100%. I don't think we've got a huge need for our nickel corner this week.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading that Rogers still hasn't practiced. I'd be fine with holding him out this week if he's not close to 100%. The Panthers only have three WRs anyway, and Smith won't be 100%. I don't think we've got a huge need for our nickel corner this week.

Even if healthy. I don't mind if he takes a back seat. I have seen him get beat in the slot enough.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They'll do OK with Cox. Better news though is that Steve Smith's knee is not responding the way he hoped and they have downgraded his chances of playing on Sunday.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved Brian Jennings' rant on KNBR yesterday about how Cam Newton owes him 25 grand. That dude is funny!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They'll do OK with Cox. Better news though is that Steve Smith's knee is not responding the way he hoped and they have downgraded his chances of playing on Sunday.

That's what he claims.

There is no way to tell if he's telling the truth and it's likely he's not.

But despite the fact he'll likely play on Sunday his knee is still not going to be 100% so he'll be at reduced effectiveness for the game which is still better than nothing for the Panthers.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what he claims.

There is no way to tell if he's telling the truth and it's likely he's not.

But despite the fact he'll likely play on Sunday his knee is still not going to be 100% so he'll be at reduced effectiveness for the game which is still better than nothing for the Panthers.

I think they're sandbagging. Smith is 100%.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol thats so funny, I also think that Smith is downplaying his status...

sh*t, I aint falling for that!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to laugh when the Saints beat Seattle. Its going to be great.