• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pats Vs. Washington Whatevers

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like BB's "give a shit" attitude about the bad calls. Jones had a first down and Bill should have tossed the red rag. Same official missed the WFT first down too. Both times he's been out of position and had to catch up to the spot.
There goes their shot at the preseason Super Bowl...

BB didn't care because he was fine with the situations the players were facing after those calls. Why do they play the games? "We play to win the game"... Not so much... They play to gain experience.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my take...

The defense didn't look as well as I thought it might but it's pre season game one.

Jones is a better QB than Cam. He throws a much better ball, tighter spiral and more accurate. At one point he looked frustrated on the sidelines he better accept you will miss throws in this league forget it and move on.

Run game looks outstanding as we expect.

ST Hold your fucking water..... Kicking game looks good.

I agree BB needn't worry about missed calls refs are in pre game form too.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones looked great for rookie 1st preseason game.
He did find out that 2 fo3 4.6 yard passes does not add up to 10 yards. Very vanilla offense.
Rhamondre is going to be hard to sit like a rookie. What impressed me was not that he broke loose for a long-gainer but that they could not chase him down! Take away the 91 yard run (and the rose colored glasses) and he averaged around 4 yards per.
Taylor did not lose his job.
Our 2nd/3rd string secondary is not ready.
Our defense though not consistent, looked very good.
Cam is still Cam.
Gant is a luxery in the box but too much a liability in coverage.
Miles Bryant hasn't got it to consistently cover.
Langi looked good for returning from not playing for 2 years and got a lot of tackles. Unfortunately, it was back to tackling after the 1st down marker. - clearly shows why we brought in more LB talent.

Our receivers did not play well, other than Jakobi.
Olszewski and Harry are not NFL receivers.
Take away Wilkerson's 6 receptions and passes to RB's and TE's, no receiver got more than 1 reception. That is not good enough. Period!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like BB's "give a shit" attitude about the bad calls. Jones had a first down and Bill should have tossed the red rag. Same official missed the WFT first down too. Both times he's been out of position and had to catch up to the spot.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jones is a better QB than Cam. He throws a much better ball, tighter spiral and more accurate. At one point he looked frustrated on the sidelines he better accept you will miss throws in this league forget it and move on.
The worms don't agree, but then again they didn't see enough of Mac's passes to judge.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langi looked good for returning from not playing for 2 years and got a lot of tackles. Unfortunately, it was back to tackling after the 1st down marker. - clearly shows why we brought in more LB talent.
Langi payed last year... for the Yets.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my take...

The defense didn't look as well as I thought it might but it's pre season game one.

Run game looks outstanding as we expect.

ST Hold your fucking water..... Kicking game looks good.

I agree BB needn't worry about missed calls refs are in pre game form too.

I agree with this.

Every time Cam throws it seems dirt bound. It was nice to see air under the balls Jones was tossing for the most part.

Love the run game. Solid to say the least.

Have to say even though it was only the Redskins, NE mad me feel optimistic about their chances.

And the receivers made some nice catches too, Meyers looked solid.

Now I wait to see Dallas tonight.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.

Every time Cam throws it seems dirt bound. It was nice to see air under the balls Jones was tossing for the most part.

Love the run game. Solid to say the least.

Have to say even though it was only the Redskins, NE mad me feel optimistic about their chances.

And the receivers made some nice catches too, Meyers looked solid.

Now I wait to see Dallas tonight.
Note that the WFT had the #2 defense last year. 22 points against #2 in 1st preseason game isn't horrible