• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread: Conference championships: Jan. 29

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it certainly looked easy in retrospect, and knocking the Niners' QB out early certainly changed the entire complexion of that game. But let's not forget that the Giants beat the #3 seeded Vikings the week prior in an upset and were seen as a supposedly dangerous team by some before getting smoked by Philly.

I'm happy that the home-field advantage and #1 seed Philly secured, which required Hurts to come back on week 17 to seal even though he wasn't fully healthy, wound up being worth it. It clearly made a difference to be the #1 seed in the NFC this year.

Giants and Vikings ended up being frauds. We have that hindsight now. (Many believed so beforehand and were right) So you guys just rolled over two patsies...One in the Giants and Two in a San Francisco team that couldn't throw the ball after the first drive. The game was over in the first couple minutes. We have the ability to look at hindsight for 113 other Super Bowl participants and your playoff competition to get to the dance has to be bottom 5...possibly the worst....in history.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comment was bright lights

If "bright lights" is a pencil necked fag who uses his phone as protection to not get his face caved in then sure...bright lights

One thing to be a fan another to troll someone way more accomplished than you living vicariously through the accomplishments of other men.

That shit is gay.
Nah. I think you’re just nut riding an OSU guy.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants and Vikings ended up being frauds. We have that hindsight now. (Many believed so beforehand and were right) So you guys just rolled over two patsies...One in the Giants and Two in a San Francisco team that couldn't throw the ball after the first drive. The game was over in the first couple minutes. We have the ability to look at hindsight for 113 other Super Bowl participants and your playoff competition to get to the dance has to be bottom 5...possibly the worst....in history.
Love it! I hope people talk for decades about the 2022-23 being the weakest Super Bowl champ in history.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough, not gonna argue with it. It's basically true. I'll take it though! My only point is that, thanks to being a #1 seed, they earned the easiest road possible. It just wound up being historically easy perhaps for the reasons you noted. The AFC certainly looks way tougher in hindsight.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, not gonna argue with it. It's basically true. I'll take it though! My only point is that, thanks to being a #1 seed, they earned the easiest road possible. It just wound up being historically easy perhaps for the reasons you noted. The AFC certainly looks way tougher in hindsight.
Night and day difference between afc and nfc at one of the most important positions. Not a qb in the nfc I’d take over the top 5 in the afc

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. I think you’re just nut riding an OSU guy.

Nope. I find that shit annoying as fuck. The dude who trolled Russ in Utah deserved his teeth pushed in also.

Be a fan. Not a troll. Dude is with his family and friends. That shit isn't cool.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being in Cincy I see a decent amount of former Cincy pro athletes out and about. I'm not gonna start fucking with em because it's funny

Just saw Pac Man recently. He's an easy target. And dude minus the strap is about 25 pounds smaller than me. I still ain't fucking with him. That shit is lame as fuck

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. I find that shit annoying as fuck. The dude who trolled Russ in Utah deserved his teeth pushed in also.

Be a fan. Not a troll. Dude is with his family and friends. That shit isn't cool.
I disagree and the rest of the sports world should take note. Don’t come to Philly. We don’t like you. We don’t want you here. You will not be welcomed.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Night and day difference between afc and nfc at one of the most important positions. Not a qb in the nfc I’d take over the top 5 in the afc
Going forward, I would take Mahomes Allen and Burrow over Jalen Hurts. That’s the end of my list. Who else are you putting on there?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand the Eagles.

And now that they are playing Kansas City.. I can't wait for them to get a penalty for having 11 men on the field.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love it! I hope people talk for decades about the 2022-23 being the weakest Super Bowl champ in history.

I mean...That's not actually what I said. I don't think the Eagles are the worst Super Bowl participant in history at all. There are many that were worse. I think their path has been the weakest though. By far...It's disappointing as a neutral fan watching cuz both Eagles' games have been boring as sh*t. I can't recall two sh*ttier games for a Super Bowl berth.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going forward, I would take Mahomes Allen and Burrow over Jalen Hurts. That’s the end of my list. Who else are you putting on there?
Lawrence and Herbert. Honestly soon as hurts isn’t a threat to the run game he’s in trouble. Both the redskins and niners showed that to a degree. Niners were definitely handicapped after the first series. Hurts is basically LJ, I’d take hurts over him though

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...That's not actually what I said. I don't think the Eagles are the worst Super Bowl participant in history at all. There are many that were worse. I think their path has been the weakest though. By far...It's disappointing as a neutral fan watching cuz both Eagles' games have been boring as sh*t. I can't recall two sh*ttier games for a Super Bowl berth.
Fair enough. My squad’s locker room has been fueled by real or contrived disrespect all season. I hope it continues.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take it in a heartbeat if it was the Bears...lol. That's why I wanted to preface my first post that I'm not really knocking the Eagles...I think they have a legit shot (as do the Chiefs)...I think I'm more venting cuz I expected the NFC Championship to be amazing and it was garbage. We're almost out of football and I got one stolen from me and it was replaced with a total sh*tfest.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree and the rest of the sports world should take note. Don’t come to Philly. We don’t like you. We don’t want you here. You will not be welcomed.

You are the one having a different take because of your Fandom on this one

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lawrence and Herbert. Honestly soon as hurts isn’t a threat to the run game he’s in trouble. Both the redskins and niners showed that to a degree. Niners were definitely handicapped after the first series.
Meh. You can keep them. Herbert, going back to Oregon, has never won shit. I just watched Lawrence turn the ball over like a champ.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one having a different take because of your Fandom on this one
Dude is fair game. That goes with the millions of dollars to play a kid’s game. Philly is more savage than most. In most towns, he wouldn’t even have been recognized.