• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Jon wants no part of living Dany I doubt he goes for dead dany

That's a pretty good point.

Though, I don't think there would be any 'physical' love between them at that point, just kind of Jon doing what he has to do to keep things kosher.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a writer, but I could have figured out something better for Jaime.

I am sure GRRM will, that's for sure.

I sure as shit would not have had him fuck Brienne to begin with.

The Jaime arc went from one of the best things over the duration of the series to a complete abomination in just two episodes. Ridiculous.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of the last episode. She went from zero to a hundred, real quick. Too quick. It felt rushed.

I have no problem with her going the "Mad Queen" route though. I think most viewers knew that was a possible outcome. I just wished it was a more detailed, drawn out process. Not the "she snapped" genocide event we just witnessed.

I also didn't like how the episode played out with everything feeling so contrived just to reach the series finally.
She’s been trending that way for a long time and hasn’t been at 0 since season1. She just saw her best friend and advisor get decapitated in front of her eyes, the man that she loves betray her then reject her, one of her dragon “babies” killed in front of her, she is seeing the throne that she has been fighting for the past decade is now being ripped from her. Take into account that mental disorders run in the family, this snap is to be expected.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the nerd rage on this made me look at the spoilers for the past couple of seasons and I'm glad I stopped watching when I did.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectations are quite low, so I ignore the poor script and acting, and just look at the bigger picture.

This allowed me to enjoy the last episode... quite a bit.

Spoilers:
Varys attempted poison, because he is a eunuch (from prior episodes, that's how 'they' kill)
Jamie holding the woman he loves as he dies
Cerise's emotional changes as she began to realize she was losing up until the final moment of fear of death
Arya/Clegan friendship
Clegan getting revenge and dying by fire himself
A dragon finally kicking butt again
Danerys finished what the mad king's "burn them all". I liked seeing the green dragon fire explosions from the catches he left behind to drive that point home.

These were all great to see.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like there are no elders left...they are all dead and having to leave this world to a bunch of children to run. Who is going to say "you marry you" and unite the great families? It feels like all those people have been wiped out.
Kind of true...there aren't a lot of "great families" around anymore, though.

I think Sansa is fairly well versed in this, though, and I think Sam would help facilitate things.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She wouldn't have gone to the North and the Night King would be in Dorne.

Correct...she did the right thing (when others like Cersei were like fuck it). What did she get for it? She basically lost 2/3 of everything as a result and everyone in the North were dbags towards her.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct...she did the right thing (when others like Cersei were like fuck it). What did she get for it? She basically lost 2/3 of everything as a result and everyone in the North were dbags towards her.

Yeah. I get her being pretty upset about it.

But I'd also say she didn't handle the "Jon is the rightful king of Westeross" news very well. "Let's keep this our personal secret" wasn't exactly the soundest plan.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, the North are assholes towards anyone who isn't from the North...it's how they are.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I get her being pretty upset about it.

But I'd also say she didn't handle the "Jon is the rightful king of Westeross" news very well. "Let's keep this our personal secret" wasn't exactly the soundest plan.

Well...she full on told Jon what would happen if he told Arya and Sansa and that is exactly what happened. Jon probably should have kept it to himself (not even telling Dany) since he wanted no part of it.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like there are no elders left...they are all dead and having to leave this world to a bunch of children to run. Who is going to say "you marry you" and unite the great families? It feels like all those people have been wiped out.
Edmure Tully and Howland Reed (if he's still alive) are the elder statesmen of Westeros, at this point.

But most of the great houses are fucked. Arya killed the Freys, the Umbers and Mormonts are gone. Not sure if the Karstarks are still a thing. Lannister is probably gone, maybe to be supplanted by the Blackwaters (Bronn ain't getting Riverrun). There's allegedly someone strong enough to run Dorne. House Arryn still exists. Hell, if Sam doesn't want to be a maester, he's got a fairly good claim to the Reach, since the Tarlys were leading it last. There's now a Baratheon back in the mix, at least.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...she full on told Jon what would happen if he told Arya and Sansa and that is exactly what happened. Jon probably should have kept it to himself (not even telling Dany) since he wanted no part of it.

Except a secret never stays a secret.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmure Tully and Howland Reed (if he's still alive) are the elder statesmen of Westeros, at this point.

But most of the great houses are fucked. Arya killed the Freys, the Umbers and Mormonts are gone. Not sure if the Karstarks are still a thing. Lannister is probably gone, maybe to be supplanted by the Blackwaters (Bronn ain't getting Riverrun). There's allegedly someone strong enough to run Dorne. House Arryn still exists. Hell, if Sam doesn't want to be a maester, he's got a fairly good claim to the Reach, since the Tarlys were leading it last. There's now a Baratheon back in the mix, at least.
Greyjoys have a queen, but they do their own thing

guess it's time for smaller houses to step up...like the Seaworths?

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It does look like broke the wheel if nothing else.

Reactions: gob

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She’s been trending that way for a long time and hasn’t been at 0 since season1. She just saw her best friend and advisor get decapitated in front of her eyes, the man that she loves betray her then reject her, one of her dragon “babies” killed in front of her, she is seeing the throne that she has been fighting for the past decade is now being ripped from her. Take into account that mental disorders run in the family, this snap is to be expected.

Add to the fact that's she fought and lost half her people (+1 dragon) to fight the White Walkers in defense of mankind without any real appreciation from the people of the 7 kingdoms for her and her people's sacrifice and it's easy to see why see's pissed. No love is right.