• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my defense, I didn't realize one dragon would completely wreck Kings Landing and an entire fleet in 15 minutes, so there was no need for reinforcements.

I was surprised myself and I do not know why because 3 dragons conquered Westeros fairly easily. The question in my mind is why did the Targaryens stop at Westeros. I mean if he/they were conquerors why settle for just a piece of the pie?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which...remember how hot Doreah was??!!

latest

Yes. Definitely more hotness. From both of them.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Iron Fleet portion...she initially dive bombed them at an angle they could not defend quickly. The scorpions did not turn quickly. She took out the first portion of the city wall the same way, coming in at an angle that was not easily defensible.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Iron Fleet portion...she initially dive bombed them at an angle they could not defend quickly. The scorpions did not turn quickly. She took out the first portion of the city wall the same way, coming in at an angle that was not easily defensible.

Best strategy was coming directly from the sun.
Euron's fleet would have to have been very wide to not be affected by that.
Or had some major Raybans....

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of Davos kids are still alive right? Only 1 or 2 are dead...but he doesn't seem to be in touch with them

at least you don't hear about them on the show

last I heard about his family was at Blackwater when I think 2 died
Davos has seven sons, only three remain, the rest died at Blackwater Bay.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised myself and I do not know why because 3 dragons conquered Westeros fairly easily. The question in my mind is why did the Targaryens stop at Westeros. I mean if he/they were conquerors why settle for just a piece of the pie?

Similar to the US we can destroy anything in short order it's a whole other deal holding a territory

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
y'all still holding onto hope that Nymeria shows up in the last episode?
hell, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they introduced new characters.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But she still came straight at them. She would have decimated them from behind without taking a shot. At least they showed the scorpions did actually turn this time, so I guess there was no real sneak up from behind answer we thought the first time.

Now, will Dany force Jon to serve his queen and bed her down or is she just going to be out to kill him?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's had Mad Queen moments throughout...first the indifference to her brother's crowning. Then the roasting of the slave master as she bought the Unsullied. The crucifixion of all the slaver's bay nobility (yes, some deserved that, but not all...given by the testimony of the former slaves that wanted to work for their former families). The roasting of the Dothraki lords. The assassination of the Tarly's. Coming unhinged in the north leading up to roasting everyone.

Much of that was just being an aggressive ruler in a land where such aggression and cruelty is normal. She had to eat the heart of a horse to get accepted for gods sake!! Even though she's a babe she is most definitely a Warrior Queen as well. Her obsession about Iron Throne is over the top I guess but it's not that uncommon.

Yes there were signs but not all of them were signs of craziness.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
simple really. He acknowledges her as queen. Arya assassinates said Queen. Whatever happens with Jon happens, leaving no more targs. Tada! he is the last (male atleast) Baratheon.

Either that or the Sands take over LOL

Somewhere under the rubble of Kings Landing....

Hello? Anyone? Helloooooooooooooo

Game-of-Thrones-Ellaria-Sand.jpg

Maybe in the end everyone is dead and Yara comes sailing in and digs Ellaria up and they sail off into the sunset....... Fade to black.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, I don't think Game of Thrones works with Daenerys as a genuinely evil character. I stopped watching a couple of seasons ago but she was the benevolent dictator, the US with Nuclear Weapons, the friendly intelligent A.I. that could just wreck everyone if she wanted but thats not who she was.

Making the white walkers into Age of Ultron instead of Infinity Wars/Endgame is also pretty lame. I'm waiting for the books if they ever come out. If this was the intention all along then so be it but I think the rushed nature of the TV format has let me down.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, I don't think Game of Thrones works with Daenerys as a genuinely evil character. I stopped watching a couple of seasons ago but she was the benevolent dictator, the US with Nuclear Weapons, the friendly intelligent A.I. that could just wreck everyone if she wanted but thats not who she was.

She's always had a dark side... From crucifying the masters to burning the Khals and then asking the Dothraki to kill all the Westeros lords in their castles, you can see that Dany's dark side and tyrannical tendencies have always been there. Now that she feels isolated after losing her lover, two dragons and two of her closest/most beloved advisors, you can see her snapping. I can accept that as a but:

1. Making her feel isolated was too forced, and she went from 0 to mental too quickly.
2. Even at her worst, she was always about defending/liberating the poor and innocent. Unleashing her dragon on the city without any reason was waaaayy over the top.
3. Before KL, she hadn't done anything wrong, so why was Varys, the most discrete and scheming character in the series, openly betraying her and trying to murder at that point.
4. Jon, I get it that you feel icky about boning your aunt, but can't you at least talk to her? You say that you love her, see her imploding and can't even try to console her?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...she full on told Jon what would happen if he told Arya and Sansa and that is exactly what happened. Jon probably should have kept it to himself (not even telling Dany) since he wanted no part of it.

And even Monotone Bran told him it was "His choice" whether to say anything or not, which I took to mean it was a secret that 3ER was not intending to divulge to anyone else if Jon chose to keep it secret...

But Jon keeping his mouth shut isn't interesting writing... It would be like slipping and falling in mud.... Ruining the very pants he was going to return!! ;)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even Monotone Bran told him it was "His choice" whether to say anything or not, which I took to mean it was a secret that 3ER was not intending to divulge to anyone else if Jon chose to keep it secret...

But Jon keeping his mouth shut isn't interesting writing... It would be like slipping and falling in mud.... Ruining the very pants he was going to return!! ;)

I think sometimes we forget that this is fiction.

Somehow, someway, L+R=J was going to become known. It was a central part of the entire story. The show runners chose to use it to create a rift between Jon and Dany. I suspect that Martin, if he ever finishes, will use it very differently.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2. Even at her worst, she was always about defending/liberating the poor and innocent. Unleashing her dragon on the city without any reason was waaaayy over the top.
Right, this is the one thing that can't really be reasoned with.

I feel like it would be more in the spirit of Game of Thrones for the 'heroes' to have no rational reason to turn against her just because she is so powerful. Ala Luke Skywalker trying to kill a pupil who was too powerful in their sleep. Thats something that would happen in this universe.

Having one of the most interesting characters basically betray her entire identity for a convenient ending to have the heroes confront someone who is all of a sudden evil is just terrible.