• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

sanction

Bama Don’t Care
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have concluded that Jon Snows dick starving and bad coffee destroyed Kings Landing?

I like it.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most heartbreaking death of the series
id30bdxq4mw21.jpg

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Arya was destined to kill people brown, blue, and green eyes.

She's killed several people with brown eyes. And we all know that she killed some blue eyes. So has she killed any green eyed people? Cause...

wallpaper-2292855.jpg

I thought she'd kill Cersi but now I'm with you on this one.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the general consensus among ya'll for this season?

A lot of people are bitching and Rotten Tomatoes has given this season awful reviews so far. I think part of the griping stems from the high expectations of this season, but I haven't thought it has been bad.

I honestly can't imagine how the last episode will go. I don't think there will be a result that will satisfy anyone.

I have a feeling that there will be a lot of loose ends by the end of the season so that HBO has options for spin offs. From what I've read there is a prequel in the works and I wouldn't be surprised if they run a prequel for 4-5 years then do a sequel to this season and use the surviving characters or somehow revive those who died.

Pretty funny how people tend to politicize this shit though:

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much of that was just being an aggressive ruler in a land where such aggression and cruelty is normal. She had to eat the heart of a horse to get accepted for gods sake!! Even though she's a babe she is most definitely a Warrior Queen as well. Her obsession about Iron Throne is over the top I guess but it's not that uncommon.

Yes there were signs but not all of them were signs of craziness.

She's been in the danger zone since her introduction. We should have known.

ik9LqSX.jpg

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot of people are bitching and Rotten Tomatoes has given this season awful reviews so far. I think part of the griping stems from the high expectations of this season, but I haven't thought it has been bad.

I honestly can't imagine how the last episode will go. I don't think there will be a result that will satisfy anyone.

I have a feeling that there will be a lot of loose ends by the end of the season so that HBO has options for spin offs. From what I've read there is a prequel in the works and I wouldn't be surprised if they run a prequel for 4-5 years then do a sequel to this season and use the surviving characters or somehow revive those who died.

I think this season has been good. But I expected it to be rushed.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Mad King snapped after everything was lost and the Lannister forces had breached the city. Danny snapped after a clear military victory, with her goal at her reach without needing to go in that murdering spree.

If they wanted to show her snapping in a logical way, just make her almost lose the battle and then go berserk out of desperation.
Agreed. They had a lot of ways of making her snap.

Having her snap at all is just so very pessimistic, though. While that might be the actual vision for her character, its not a good one. One of the ideas of an epic is that characters need to learn from the downfalls of previous generations. I also figure that point of characters who 'walk the line' for darn near a decade is that they become likable for constantly coming close to adversity and making it through. Being predestined to fail is intrinsically unamerican.

I'm sure the disappointment that George RR Martin would've provided would've been easier to swallow but even with proper context I still think it would've turned off half the audience and for good reason.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this season has been good. But I expected it to be rushed.

My only issue was that the first episode seemed to be a waste of time and I wasn't expecting the Night King to be killed off that easily. Given that this is the ending of the show, I think it's easy to find flaws with just about anything though. How do you put a perfect ending on a show that has probably been the most talked about show on TV for the past few years?

There were a handful of times I thought they were wasting their time as I previously mentioned, but that's probably the result of the realization that every last minute counts since the show is ending soon.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many were crying racism/misogynism whe Missandei was killed. I guess all the other deaths didn't count.

It's just a lame cry for attention.

I also read something about how people were pissed that the Dothraki were the first wave against the white walkers. A lot of people who watch the show are liberal and perceived that as using the people of color as cannon fodder.

A friend of mine posted on Facebook that the show was reinforcing negative stereotypes about people of color by having the unsullied slaughter the unarmed soldiers. She also mentioned that having Daenerys glass the city also reinforced the stereotype that women are too unstable to be leaders.

Can't people just enjoy the show without letting your political beliefs get in the way?

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Arya "assumes" the identity of Jon (to get past Drogon) and kills Dany
2. Jon gives up his right to the Iron Throne to go find himself
3. With no Targaryen left, Gendry (Dany legitimized him as a Baratheon by and gave lordship of Storm's End) gets the Iron Throne.
4. Tyrion becomes the Hand for Gendry.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also read something about how people were pissed that the Dothraki were the first wave against the white walkers. A lot of people who watch the show are liberal and perceived that as using the people of color as cannon fodder.

A friend of mine posted on Facebook that the show was reinforcing negative stereotypes about people of color by having the unsullied slaughter the unarmed soldiers. She also mentioned that having Daenerys glass the city also reinforced the stereotype that women are too unstable to be leaders.

Can't people just enjoy the show without letting your political beliefs get in the way?

I see you’re new to 2019, welcome. You’ll see people of a certain side get angry when someone of color and/or a woman gets killed off and then you’ll see a certain side get angry if they have to see gay or trans people on the shows they watch.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's had Mad Queen moments throughout...first the indifference to her brother's crowning. Then the roasting of the slave master as she bought the Unsullied. The crucifixion of all the slaver's bay nobility (yes, some deserved that, but not all...given by the testimony of the former slaves that wanted to work for their former families). The roasting of the Dothraki lords. The assassination of the Tarly's. Coming unhinged in the north leading up to roasting everyone.

Yup. Plus in a show only story line she locked Xaro and Doreah in the vault in Qarth. Considering it was medieval culture, I'll give her a pass for Xaro. He eventually revealed that he conspired with Pyat Pree to steal the dragons, murdering some of Daenerys' Khalasar in the process, as well as conspiring to murder the other 11 members of the 13 of Qarth.

Doreah though was only caught in bed with Xaro and she gets locked in the vault as well without even a trial or anything. Daerys even told her to whore herself out when they arrived in Qarth to see what info she could get, and yet Daenerys considered her guilty by association and sentenced her to a cruel death just for that.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely thought Daario and Yara were reappearing in the last episode as reinforcements. In my defense, I didn't realize one dragon would completely wreck Kings Landing and an entire fleet in 15 minutes, so there was no need for reinforcements.

I'm definitely wondering who we see in this last episode and who we have already seen for the last time.
Daario is heading Mereen. I was pretty sure his last episode was meant to be his last for good.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Arya "assumes" the identity of Jon (to get past Drogon) and kills Dany
2. Jon gives up his right to the Iron Throne to go find himself
3. With no Targaryen left, Gendry (Dany legitimized him as a Baratheon by and gave lordship of Storm's End) gets the Iron Throne.
4. Tyrion becomes the Hand for Gendry.

I think Arya has to kill the person she's assuming in order to get their face...
But I was thinking Greyworm instead of Jon.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I enjoyed the last couple of episodes despite their flaws. The first 2 episodes could have been condensed into one in my opinion, but would have been fine as they were in a 10 episode season. The Battle of Winterfell was whatever for me. I wasn't very excited for the episode because I never really cared about the White Walker story line. I knew it had to happen and was glad to see it come to an end. It basically met my expectations, no more and no less.