• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 9 - Minnesota Governor's Victory Bell

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota played as well as they can play, our defense, especially the secondary played in a daze for 30 minutes, only thing that stopped offense was itself with dropped passes or missed reads for wide open guys. 2 horrific non calls and an inexcusable offensive pass interference call really hurt, but we still left a ton of points on the field.

As sloppy as we played and as well as Minny played, they deserved to win, but we SHOULD have won in spit of it all had they not called the ridiculous OPI or actually called the DPI when dotson, who was intended target, got mugged on last INT. On the second INT, KJ was actually victim of facemask and DPI, but not a flag in sight.

Bottom line, those calls were killers, but we still had plenty of chances to hang more points. Rahne called an overall very good game, but the redzone series from first and gaol after dicing their defense the entire length of field then running into middle 3 times with a fade to smallest guy on team for 4th down was perplexing.

Good job by Minny, good luck going forward, maybe we'll see you again in a few weeks

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comment from today's game: "He was reading us very well. He kind of knew what we were in and what they could to do expose us there," linebacker Jan Johnson said. "They hit their plays. He made their throws."

I was told I didn't know what I was talking about a couple of weeks ago as Michigan was mounting a comeback. Luckily their WR dropped the game tying TD in the end zone.

Franklin will field a good team year after year. One that will beat the teams it should beat. That is damned good against teams across the country but it seems to leave them a game or two short year in and year out. This team is very young so big things are still possible but will Franklin be good enough to take them to that next level?

Congrats to the Gophers, you played a hell of a game and beat up what was supposed to be the strength of the team.

I mean, Urban got blown the fuck out by Iowa and Purdue the last 2 years, Saban has exactly 1 undefeated season in his career, its tough to go undefeated. took Dabo a few seasons once he got it rolling to get over hump and even became a verb losing key games as Clemsoning.We lost to another undefeated team at their place. If we were dropping games to bad teams like Maryland, I would be more concerned. Sutherland and Taylor played piss poor and TCF had his worst game by far. We missed Shelton up front against a big OL as well. Like you said, we are very young. I had 10-2 with ashot at 11-2 to stat season, going to end up most likely 10-2, but this team is capable of beating OSU if they play with nothing to lose and finish their drives. wouldn't trade Franklin for anyone right now, he is the guy for job and has built us back intro a National power after inheriting a skeleton roster.

Your gripe against Michigan was that we didn't make adjustments and just tried to hang on, which was false, our offense had guys running free all over the place and didn't make the plays after half, so not sure what that has to do with yesterday when we adjusted on D, shut them down, went up and down field in second half on offense. Sloppy first half, an inexplicably bad series of calls on 1 redzone appearance and 23 pivotal PI calls that went against us

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, Urban got blown the fuck out by Iowa and Purdue the last 2 years, Saban has exactly 1 undefeated season in his career, its tough to go undefeated. took Dabo a few seasons once he got it rolling to get over hump and even became a verb losing key games as Clemsoning.We lost to another undefeated team at their place. If we were dropping games to bad teams like Maryland, I would be more concerned. Sutherland and Taylor played piss poor and TCF had his worst game by far. We missed Shelton up front against a big OL as well. Like you said, we are very young. I had 10-2 with ashot at 11-2 to stat season, going to end up most likely 10-2, but this team is capable of beating OSU if they play with nothing to lose and finish their drives. wouldn't trade Franklin for anyone right now, he is the guy for job and has built us back intro a National power after inheriting a skeleton roster.

Your gripe against Michigan was that we didn't make adjustments and just tried to hang on, which was false, our offense had guys running free all over the place and didn't make the plays after half, so not sure what that has to do with yesterday when we adjusted on D, shut them down, went up and down field in second half on offense. Sloppy first half, an inexplicably bad series of calls on 1 redzone appearance and 23 pivotal PI calls that went against us

No, my assertion that changes were not made against Michigan was not wrong. As mentioned I played football for years. I know how to watch a game.

I said before I am not advocating firing Franklin but his record against ranked teams is what it is. I agree that the team beats the teams it is supposed to. It could be worse. It could be a little better too but overall he won't take an 11-2 season.