• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 7 World Series

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the series turns on an inning that the ball doesn't leave the infield. Two hit-batsmen, a few walks..... This is why baseball sucks. Even at the highest level, bullshit plays win it.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can think of is:

:puke::puke::puke::puke:

My worst fears realized, dirty birds win and the antichrist Crapenter is the hero.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A.L. should never win, unless the Phillies or the Braves are playing(Unless it's against the Yankees). Fuck those DH using queers.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The A.L. should never win, unless the Phillies or the Braves are playing(Unless it's against the Yankees). Fuck those DH using queers.

You almost nailed it.....you forgot to add the dirty birds to your list of exceptions.....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you hate the Cards for a particular reason,or just in general?

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only person that's nailed it was Brandon Phillips when he said that the Cardinals are a bunch of whiny bitches.

Arguing over the DH might be the most tired argument in baseball. Are people going to bitch for another 40 years about this? Almost every single baseball league in the world uses the DH including every single minor league team that isn't independent and the NL has won 6 of the last 11 titles. Market size has a far greater impact on the game than whether the pitcher is a batter or not.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate the DH. That's like having a guy in basketball to unskilled to do anything besides shoot free throws, so the league lets him shoot Shaq's free throws for him. It's ignorant.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you hate the Cards for a particular reason,or just in general?

First off, it's my duty as a Reds fan to hate the Cards, but even so, imo LaRussa is a jackass, and Chris Carpenter is a whining piece of shit.....oh, and fuck Yadier Molina, too....:D

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fair enough. If the Reds were competitive more than once per 10 years or so, I guess I'd have more of an opinion. Also, baseball in general just doesn't interest me very much. I hate the Yankees and Red Sox, but don't care enough about baseball to hate any other teams.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate the DH. That's like having a guy in basketball to unskilled to do anything besides shoot free throws, so the league lets him shoot Shaq's free throws for him. It's ignorant.

Not quite. Shaq still hits one of two and is able to score in many ways. Also, no matter how bad Shaq was at free throws, he still practiced them all the time. The same can't be said about pitchers who take minimal BP and at best are nothing more than a sacrifice bunter when they're actually being useful with the ash (which isn't much different than most 9hole hitters in the American League). Any person, and I don't mean anybody in here specifically, who bitches about how baseball isn't exciting enough and bitch about how they want to see a pitcher hit instead of an extra slugger is just straight up contradicting.

Personally, I love the DH in the American League. I'll defend its use time and time again. I also enjoy the lack of DH in the NL and never want to see them adopt it. The few times a year a pitcher goes yard is amazing and it lets the managers play around a little more, even though I think the double switch argument is overrated. The discrepancy in the rules should be celebrated as if they're unique cultures.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball is a slow paced game. Either you like it or you don't. I don't think it has anything to do with the DH. I hate the DH because it takes all strategy out of the game. AL teams go a week at a time without even using a pinch hitter. The manager never has to decide if he should leave a relief pitcher in to bat because that guy gives them the best chance to win on the mound. NL ball is just more fun to watch if you watch a lot of baseball. The DH is usually some well past their prime player that is just hanging on to the twilight of their carrer. Konerko and big Pappi excluded of course.

I'd rather watch the pirates play the astros than "insert the two best AL teams here" but that's just me.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Saying you watch baseball for the managerial decisions is like telling me you watch NASCAR for the pit-stops or football for the coaches challenges. Sure, it's fun on a level, but lets be real and say that we watch for the big plays and wrecks. I've never screamed "holy shit yeah!" at a tv over a red flag or 6 second tire change.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather cut my balls off with a spoon than watch nascar. Yes part watching NL baseball is watching the strategy.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. I hate the DH. If you're too old, stiff, injured, whatever to play the field, you shouldn't get to hit. Time to retire, not move to the American League. It's asinine.