• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game #7 - Beat LA - 7PM

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here we go Boy's!

Lets Go Sharks!!!!! :horn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Roll over and play dead hopefully they will leave you alone

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Niemi is starting. So game over b4 it even began. Hopefully its the last game for him n todd ever in SJ. Dumb decision. Stalock played lights out in game 6.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niemi is starting. So game over b4 it even began. Hopefully its the last game for him n todd ever in SJ. Dumb decision. Stalock played lights out in game 6.

4GA isn't lights out. And if Niemi gave up that 2nd "goal", everyone here would bitch about how he sould have swallowed it.

But I agree, I'd personally start Stalock.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think DWil has any say in this matter or is it solely on TMac? :noidea:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too bad, but we will see. Not just Niemi, but the top 6 too. A least a couple of them. Can't all 6 go flat. Need at least 2 or 3 of them to light things up.

Just in: Thornton/Marleau are doing their pregame prep to relax themselves for the big game: some warm milk, watching The Notebook and a couple episodes of Downton Abbey. Maybe a couple tracks of Bieber on their Ipods before hitting the ice too. I think they are good to go.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The biggest reason I hate Nemo starting over stalock is that, Nemo all season has followed up a bad game with a worse game. He hasn't had a single game with an excellent rebound game, stalock however always followed up a shit game or even subpar game with an excellent game. Tmac is cutting his own throat

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
4GA isn't lights out. And if Niemi gave up that 2nd "goal", everyone here would bitch about how he sould have swallowed it.

But I agree, I'd personally start Stalock.

Yea lights out -- 3 impossible to save goals and 1 blown whistle goal... Niemi in net that game outa been a slaughter by LA.
I dont think anyone would bitch at Niemi for that 2nd goal either... Niemi gives up some God awful goals this series, but anyone with a brain would know that play shoulda been blown dead. It was under Stalock for what seemed like 3-4 seconds...?

I just dont get the theory of putting Niemi back in... Its kind of a slap to Stalock yet again too... You played great all season, but your barely gonna start... You played incredible in game 6, gave us a chance to win, until the refs blew a call and our team decided to stop putting a body on Kings at the goaline and hung you out to dry, but where gonna go with Nemo - who cant stop an unscreened wrist shot from the top of the circles

The only silver lining when SJ loses (and yes, I say when cause I have ZERO faith in this team) is that Todd will most likely be gone, and hopefully 1 of Thornton/Marleau or both and hopefully Niemi...
Id rather watch youngers players not as talented but give it their all vs world class players that play like ECHL scrubs...

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea lights out -- 3 impossible to save goals and 1 blown whistle goal... Niemi in net that game outa been a slaughter by LA.
I dont think anyone would bitch at Niemi for that 2nd goal either... Niemi gives up some God awful goals this series, but anyone with a brain would know that play shoulda been blown dead. It was under Stalock for what seemed like 3-4 seconds...?

I just dont get the theory of putting Niemi back in... Its kind of a slap to Stalock yet again too... You played great all season, but your barely gonna start... You played incredible in game 6, gave us a chance to win, until the refs blew a call and our team decided to stop putting a body on Kings at the goaline and hung you out to dry, but where gonna go with Nemo - who cant stop an unscreened wrist shot from the top of the circles

The only silver lining when SJ loses (and yes, I say when cause I have ZERO faith in this team) is that Todd will most likely be gone, and hopefully 1 of Thornton/Marleau or both and hopefully Niemi...
Id rather watch youngers players not as talented but give it their all vs world class players that play like ECHL scrubs...

The only way this happens is if DWil is also shit-canned. Just a fact.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I also question why Vlasic is out again... In this game you lie your way into the lineup... I keep watching that hit over & over again and cant see anything that would warrent sitting out one of the biggest games in Sharks history when you are the No1 overall dman...

Concussion? some tweaked upper body injury? wrist? arm?... Shit I just dont see anything that would justify sitting out.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this happens is if DWil is also shit-canned. Just a fact.

They start their new 3 year contracts next year. They won't be the fall guys. TMac and Baby Jay will be, if anyone. Just like Ronnie was before. Dougie, I don't know. It seems to be a pretty good team on paper he puts out. Wish they would have fallen flat in a regular season one of these years. Then it would be easier to move someone like that. Those good regular seasons sell tickets and the masses lap it up. Hardcore fans like us see the true colors of Thornton/Marleau. Their post season influence is wearing off on Pavs/Couture now too. Next Hertl/Nieto/Burns too?

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also question why Vlasic is out again... In this game you lie your way into the lineup... I keep watching that hit over & over again and cant see anything that would warrent sitting out one of the biggest games in Sharks history when you are the No1 overall dman...

Concussion? some tweaked upper body injury? wrist? arm?... Shit I just dont see anything that would justify sitting out.

Mitchell out, Greene in for the Kings. Wasn't Greene a -4 in Game 2? That helps some having him in and Mitchell out.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell out, Greene in for the Kings. Wasn't Greene a -4 in Game 2? That helps some having him in and Mitchell out.

:clap: Now, can we get someone to go all Gillooly on Williams during the pre-skate? :laugh3:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny quote:

"Hopefully there's a chance that if there's some sort of miracle that we can win tonight, maybe we'd get him back again this year."

Todd McClellan?
Joe Thornton?

Daryl Sutter. What a pessimist :)

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 is always exciting though I'm approaching the game with a sense of guarded optimism.

The last 2 games have done little to instill any confidence but I expect to be pleasantly surprised.

RaiderZar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chango, get's us pumped with more of that positive ju-ju. :clap:

We have all post-game tonight, tomorrow & beyond to complain. :gaah:

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was good enough to win the first 3 games convincingly - I think what makes the difference in this game:

• What the 1st and second lines do
  • If we can get some depth scoring on the 3rd and 4th line
  • If they come out and play 60 minutes of physical hockey (little chance... but the more the better)
  • If Tmac actually takes advantage of home ice and can keep the match ups in our favor

Niemi doesn't/will not be perfect - but this is a *team*.. and the *team* needs to put forth a much better effort than the last 3 games. I don't think this is going to begin and end with Niemi.. but if the team leaves to him to make 45 saves and no scoring support it will be a short night.

Go Sharks!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chango, get's us pumped with more of that positive ju-ju. :clap:

We have all post-game tonight, tomorrow & beyond to complain. :gaah:

Ask and you will be rewarded:

Today is the 20th year anniversary of Jamie Baker's game #7 winning goal against Red Wings :thumb:

Sharks are 2-0 in game #7 at Shark Tank :thumb:

Sharks have been in this spot before and won :thumb:

* "Its not how you start, but how you finish" * :clap:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: Thinking equals believing

:thumb:W I N !!!!!!:thumb: