• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 67 - Philadelphia Flyers at Florida Panthers(3-12-16): 7:00pm EST

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking geez can we ever get rid of this BS skills competion aka shootout? I hate it, it serves no purpose, and it has cost us dearly over the years.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should've won that on the power play in OT. No real excuses there. I do think we ran out of gas a bit late, so collecting the point was critical. Gagner is going to make benching him an extremely difficult decision for Hakstol.

Hopefully Voracek returns for Tuesday and we are locked and loaded against the Red Wings. They lost Kronwall today. If he is out for a significant period, they are in trouble.

Also, the Pens lost Malkin for 6 to 8 weeks. They are screwed as well.

We're going to get in, one way or another.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most exciting games I've seen this season, period

Both teams played with a purpose and it was a delight to see - most games in the league this season have been boring and this game was anything but - both teams continued to respond time after time again and it was a game that was destined to go the full 65 minutes and into a shootout

There's a slight chance that if the Panthers finish atop their division and the Flyers end up with the first wild card, that they would play each other in the first round - this would be a great, great series - but one team has to make the playoffs first and the other has to keep rolling and take care of business in their division

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the most exciting games I've seen this season, period

Both teams played with a purpose and it was a delight to see - most games in the league this season have been boring and this game was anything but - both teams continued to respond time after time again and it was a game that was destined to go the full 65 minutes and into a shootout

There's a slight chance that if the Panthers finish atop their division and the Flyers end up with the first wild card, that they would play each other in the first round - this would be a great, great series - but one team has to make the playoffs first and the other has to keep rolling and take care of business in their division

It was a great hockey game. It was playoff hockey in the regular season. It is also easy to see how the Flyers win this game, either in regulation or OT with Jake and not playing back to back games. It was just good hockey.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great hockey game. It was playoff hockey in the regular season. It is also easy to see how the Flyers win this game, either in regulation or OT with Jake and not playing back to back games. It was just good hockey.

True. With Jake and/or without the back to back scenario, I think we win that game in regulation, with all due respect. I think we could give them all they can handle and then some in a seven game series too. It seems to me like they don't have a lot of playoff experience aside from 3 or 4 guys and we could take advantage of that fact.

Besides, 44 year old Jagr is leading them in points. I don't think he can keep that up through the postseason too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is easy to forget this, but literally our entire roster of starters has playoff experience minus just Gagner, a few 3rd/4th liners and Ghost/Manning.

It's not a wealth of experience, but it's generally 18+ games for many of them.

Who does Florida have with significant playoff experience? Jagr, Jokinen, Campbell and Luongo? These are really old dudes. Most of their talent lies with young guys that, while very skilled, have yet to pop their playoff cherries.

This all means something.